Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
Glen Miller
El_indian
Dan
Forest
Juventino
Mr Durmmond
Ra's al Ghul
Grenade
Theo Filippo
hoggyboy
The Bat-Man
Gegilworld93
Kelloggg8
Cornholio
Sheppy
Jord
Keanoo
Sean
Pippo
luke.
Jayx1012
SBSP
Roloman4
ricky//habana
menalawyerguy
Cameron.
Jordi
Kuled
Cadbury
Childish Logic
mac
Weather130
Mustangt125
dena
Lux
Danny
40 posters

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

Post by Lux Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:42 am

Egypt would send in the crocodile cavalry and bite their willies off shifty
    Anonymous

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 9 Empty Re: 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:43 am

Most of them have already got most of their willies cut off. Razz
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:45 am

polska. wrote:Most of them have already got most of their willies cut off. Razz

Laughing
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:46 am

polska. wrote:Most of them have already got most of their willies cut off. Razz

I was hoping someone would say that Laughing
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:12 am

Well its looking more and more likely that the dirty Muslim Brotherhood will be taking power soon in Egypt, especially with the military refusing to denounce them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:19 am

Mustangt125 wrote:Well its looking more and more likely that the dirty Muslim Brotherhood will be taking power soon in Egypt, especially with the military refusing to denounce them.

Why would the military want to denounce them? They are a political party just like any political party, especially with a big backing. The fact that certain parties are banned or tortured from sharing their views is what creates extremism and violence.

The former Egyptian regime is at fault for creating groups like Al Qaeda. The second hand man of Al Qaeda is the direct product of the Egyptian torture cells.

Plus, it's virtually impossible for them to take power because the MB is only contesting a minority of the seats in Parliament and not presenting a candidate for the Presidential race.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 10:15 am

So this religious clash is getting pretty crazy in Egypt. Everyone needs to stop fucking fighting and the Army needs to get something done before a civil war starts.

12 people died in Imbaba, Cairo (6 Muslims & 4 Christians) after a clash between the two religions. Muslims entered a church to rescue a woman who was being held by the Christians for wanting to convert to Islam. A lot of people where injured and the church was burnt down.

The Christians need to stop being hypocrites and holding people for wanting to convert (this isn't the first time they have done this in Egypt) and the Muslims need to stop burning down churches and encouraging violence. I saw a very disturbing hate speech by a Muslim on Egyptian television.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Tue May 10, 2011 12:43 pm

I wish theyd all just chill.

They should be focusing on working toward a functional democracy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 1:16 pm

That fucking wedding and earthquake killed all news from Libya. Cry

The place is in the middle of a fucking civil war.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 1:22 pm

Reading.. It appears the rebels are loosing Misrata. Cry
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 1:31 pm

polska. wrote:Reading.. It appears the rebels are loosing Misrata. Cry

The city has been taken and retaken 100 times already. I don't even know the latest status.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 1:40 pm

From my understanding, that's not he case.

The rebels have had the city for a few months, and the loyalists have only had the outskirts and airport. What is happening now is that the loyalists have invaded the port from the east of the city and have tooken over a part of the city.

This is Misrata as of May 4th: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Battle_for_Misrata.svg

Red = Rebels, Green = Loyalists

I believe the situation now is that the loyalists have the port and surrounded it with mines, have bombed all the rebels oil, and that there has been heavy fighting near the airport.

The rebels say they have barely any more supplies left. I think it may unfortunately be a matter of time until Misrata is back under Gadafi's control. Cry
    mac
    mac

Supports : Liverpool

Post by mac Wed May 11, 2011 1:14 am

Ahlycotc, I'm just curious. Without regard for the Israel-Palestine conflict, are the Palestinians for the most part just related to the Jordanians and Syrians that border them or have they always been their own distinct ethnic group with a different culture, practices, etc.

I was doing a little bit of research and was unsure of what was accurate or not.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed May 11, 2011 1:17 am

Sectarianism starting to take grip in Egypt. What was a unified front two months ago has deteriorated into an all out assault on Christians. Same thing happened in Iraq and we're seeing the forerunners of it in Syria. Not a good time to be a Christian in the Middle East and North Africa.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:21 am

Alycotc is like the playmakers middle east correspondent
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed May 11, 2011 1:33 am

Which is ironic considering there's only one forum member who lives in the Middle East and he's not it...

Need a hint? whistle
    mac
    mac

Supports : Liverpool

Post by mac Wed May 11, 2011 1:51 am

menalawyerguy wrote:Which is ironic considering there's only one forum member who lives in the Middle East and he's not it...

Need a hint? 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 9 706492

I think he's lived in Egypt before and visits often. Something like that.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed May 11, 2011 1:55 am

mac wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:Which is ironic considering there's only one forum member who lives in the Middle East and he's not it...

Need a hint? 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 9 706492

I think he's lived in Egypt before and visits often. Something like that.

He's an Egyptian citizen if I'm not mistaken. So yea, he oughta be our Egypt correspondent. I was just being cheeky.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Wed May 11, 2011 2:01 am

menalawyerguy wrote:Sectarianism starting to take grip in Egypt. What was a unified front two months ago has deteriorated into an all out assault on Christians. Same thing happened in Iraq and we're seeing the forerunners of it in Syria. Not a good time to be a Christian in the Middle East and North Africa.

If you didn't see something like this coming, then you were blinded by something.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 9:27 am

mac wrote:Ahlycotc, I'm just curious. Without regard for the Israel-Palestine conflict, are the Palestinians for the most part just related to the Jordanians and Syrians that border them or have they always been their own distinct ethnic group with a different culture, practices, etc.

I was doing a little bit of research and was unsure of what was accurate or not.

They have their own culture, but they can be grouped under the Levantines. Some choose to stay in Israel while a majority ar refugees.

menalawyerguy wrote:Sectarianism starting to take grip in Egypt. What was a unified front two months ago has deteriorated into an all out assault on Christians. Same thing happened in Iraq and we're seeing the forerunners of it in Syria. Not a good time to be a Christian in the Middle East and North Africa.

Christians are just as guilty in Egypt. Holding people against their will in a church just because they want to convert and storing weapons in churches.

Anyways, most of the hate and violence is being spread by the extremist Salafi movement.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Wed May 11, 2011 3:23 pm

I fell out of touch because of tests and such at uni. Ahmed can you give me some good links to fill me in??
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed May 11, 2011 5:03 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Christians are just as guilty in Egypt. Holding people against their will in a church just because they want to convert and storing weapons in churches.

Anyways, most of the hate and violence is being spread by the extremist Salafi movement.

I don't see how they are "just as guilty" considering Christians and churches are now the target of violence and are systematically being pushed out of the political process in Egypt. There's no equivocation. And besides, I'm not posting this as part of a finger-pointing campaign about who's worse. It's an indicator of where things are moving in Egypt. Islamists are taking advantage of the situation. It's not just Egypt either. Christianity is being purged in many places in the Middle East.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Thu May 12, 2011 1:57 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    mac wrote:Ahlycotc, I'm just curious. Without regard for the Israel-Palestine conflict, are the Palestinians for the most part just related to the Jordanians and Syrians that border them or have they always been their own distinct ethnic group with a different culture, practices, etc.

They have their own culture, but they can be grouped under the Levantines. Some choose to stay in Israel while a majority ar refugees.

Storing guns in churches is bad, but doesn't compare to fighting fro a mosque or fleeing from a firefight to a mosque like is happening all over the Middle East.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu May 12, 2011 2:25 am

What's happening in Iraq, Pakistan and Iran is much worse. They're being cleansed. It's going to start happening in Syria soon as well.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2011 2:49 am

NZG wrote:I fell out of touch because of tests and such at uni. Ahmed can you give me some good links to fill me in??

Same here, I've been busy with school and work. I recommend visiting Aljazeera's English site. They blogs for each day of unrest in the countries experiencing big uprisings. Wikipedia is also good.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2011 2:54 am

Like I said, the Army needs to step up their efforts. I saw dozens of Christians and Muslims fighting in the streets near Tahrir Square in broad daylight while the Army was no where to be seen. The police force is too fucking scared to show their faces, so it's the Army's responsibility.

They need to take tougher stances towards the extremist Muslims (like the Salafi Movement) and the extremist Christians.
    Kelloggg8

Formerly known as : QwertyKirby
    Supports : CF América, Toronto FC

Post by Kelloggg8 Thu May 12, 2011 3:10 am

Watch out, the US is watching.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2011 5:12 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

I don't see how they are "just as guilty" considering Christians and churches are now the target of violence and are systematically being pushed out of the political process in Egypt. There's no equivocation. And besides, I'm not posting this as part of a finger-pointing campaign about who's worse. It's an indicator of where things are moving in Egypt. Islamists are taking advantage of the situation. It's not just Egypt either. Christianity is being purged in many places in the Middle East.
    The Copts in Egypt are much more numerous. They are too big of a minority to just be purged unlike for example the Assyrians in Iraq.

I think this is just the basic power vacuum resulting in islamists taking advantage of the situation to start shit as you said.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Haven't updated in a while...

Libya: The war is almost over. The rebels have entered Libya's capital. Gaddafi and his forces are expected to fall within hours or at the very most days.

Syria: Syria's leader is quickly becoming another Gaddafi. His forces are killing people left and right and the rest of the world have called for him to step down immediately. He has lost any legitimacy in his rule.

Egypt: Israel killed 5 innocent Egyptian policeman near the border of Israel and Egypt. Egypt recalled their ambassador and kicked out the Israeli ambassador to Egypt. Israel made an official apology for the deaths. Egypt has accepted the apology, but are saying it's not enough. They want a full investigation and compensation. The Egyptian public is outraged and one man climbed to the top of the embassy building, took the Israeli flag down, and replaced it with the Egyptian flag. There are mass protests in Egypt over the situation. Israel better watch itself or it could start a war between the two countries.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Wish all the rebels would go home

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:02 am