Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
BigJ0526
Kelloggg8
Grenade
ricky//habana
Laurencio
Sean
Jeff
Barton
Zzonked
LFC_Grunners
Uncle John from Jamaica
Mario
Gegilworld93
17 posters

English football players of Asian descent

Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

English football players of Asian descent Empty English football players of Asian descent

Post by Gegilworld93 Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:42 am

Are there any English football players of Asian descent at all? Pretty sure there aren't any in the Prem but maybe in the lower leagues?
    Anonymous

English football players of Asian descent Empty Re: English football players of Asian descent

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:46 am

Michael Chopra is half Indian. I shit you not!

English football players of Asian descent 0,,10272~9852403,00
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

English football players of Asian descent Empty Re: English football players of Asian descent

Post by Mario Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:47 am

Emile Heskey.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:50 am

Zesh Rehman who played for Fulham, was of Pakistani descent.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:59 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Asians_in_association_football

All play for shite teams though Neutral
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:01 am

Hardly any, there was a chapter about it in "Why do England lose"
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:08 am

Mario wrote:Emile Heskey.

Emile Hesky is of West Indian descent. That's not Asian.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:09 am

What a fucking strange thread.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:10 am

JMB_94 wrote:
    Mario wrote:Emile Heskey.

i would disagree and say African...
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:12 am

Hmm, is there a particular reason that there are so few of them considering their amount in the UK?
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:13 am

Big_Lad_Taylor wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:

Antiguan descent. He's not African mate. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:13 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:Hmm, is there a particular reason that there are so few of them considering their amount in the UK?
    Immigration time lag, and wrong genetic makeup.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:14 am

JMB_94 wrote:
    Big_Lad_Taylor wrote:

Antiguan descent. He's not African mate. Laughing
    I would disagree. All black men are from Africa originally..
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:14 am

What about manchester uniteds park?
    Anonymous

They're all playing cricket
    Anonymous

I don't think it's a strange thread. I'm not sure but I think England has a large Asian and Middle Eastern population, it's a bit weird that there are not too many English footballers of Asian or Middle Easter descent playing football.

It's funny because in other countries it's the opposite. Honduras has a small Black population, I think around 2% but nearly their entire national team is made up of Afro-Hondurans. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:15 am

Jeffharper2012 wrote:What about manchester uniteds park?
    i think he means asian as in india/pakistan.. i could be wrong mind
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:16 am

Jeffharper2012 wrote:What about manchester uniteds park?

No, he means like people who are actually English but of Asian descent.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:16 am

More interested in cricket and too shit I presume.

I played against a turban kid at Under 9's once and he didn't know the rules of football. It was my teams kick off and he just charged up from the defence, nicked the ball, then went on a solo run as everyone was stood in disbelief and in stitches. It was fucking joke. And when you couldn't think it would get funnier, he went and did the same on one of our corners rofl

Needless to say he was subbed after that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:19 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:Hmm, is there a particular reason that there are so few of them considering their amount in the UK?

They NEVER pass the ball. It is very rare you see an Asian pass the ball. (not talking ice cream or Chineese people)

But thats in my school anyway.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:20 am

wtf why does ice cream turn to ice cream? rofl

Last edited by NoviNovak on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:20 am

J.A.P.S*

Last edited by NoviNovak on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:20 am

Because they are dominating Cricket.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:24 am

Surprised nobody's mentioned Younghusband yet.

Ché Guayaba wrote:I don't think it's a strange thread. I'm not sure but I think England has a large Asian and Middle Eastern population, it's a bit weird that there are not too many English footballers of Asian or Middle Easter descent playing football.

It's funny because in other countries it's the opposite. Honduras has a small Black population, I think around 2% but nearly their entire national team is made up of Afro-Hondurans. Laughing

Ecuador too. I've always thought the population of Ecuador was fairly white and Amerindian/Mestizo (And checking Wiki, only 3% of the pop is Afro-Ecuadorian) but the whole team is black. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:26 am

Mexico's national team set up represents it's population pretty well.

Only 1% of Mexicans are Black, so there's only 1 Black guy on the team. shifty
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:26 am

Giovanni's kind of black shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:28 am

Sean wrote:Giovanni's kind of black shifty
    Well he's Brazilian firstly so I don't think that really counts, secondly, That is not what I consider black. If Giovanni is black then I am black as well.

He's mixed, huge difference.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:32 am

If Giovani doesn't count then there are no Black guys in the team. Neutral

And yeah, he's Mixed his dad is a Black Brazilian and his Mother is from Monterrey, Mexico.

The Mexican Drogba will make his debut soon though.

English football players of Asian descent Nurse

not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:44 am

Zezinho was Mulatto. (Was he even? He looked even further mixed, maybe the grandparent was the Mulatto)

I'd imagine Giovanni despite having a few shades darker skin, has about the same amount of African blood in his veins as I do.

Which leads me to my next question... In Britain, is the American one-drop policy towards race used?
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:50 am

polska. wrote:Zezinho was Mulatto. (Was he even? He looked even further mixed, maybe the grandparent was the Mulatto)

I'd imagine Giovanni despite having a few shades darker skin, has about the same amount of African blood in his veins as I do.

Which leads me to my next question... In Britain, is the American one-drop policy towards race used?

Laughing

There's no official policy of race silly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:23 am