Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Mal
Danny
Carlos Jenkinson
ShakerMatty
Phadunkin Donuts
SBSP
Sean
VivaRonaldoLAD
Gegilworld93
Steadman
Uncle John from Jamaica
Theo Filippo
coolhead33
Childish Logic
dena
ResurrectionRooney
easley91
JonjoShelvey
samiz
Kuled
Mason
HIBBIES_07
El Jefe
Jordi
Lux
Ben 10
30 posters

Billy Sharp

easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Billy Sharp - Page 4 Empty Re: Billy Sharp

Post by easley91 Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:07 am

Billy Sharp - Page 4 9tfzvs
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:17 am

I agree with RR, this is sad, but the baby was only 2 days old. Not a major loss, as is a child of 2 years for example.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:18 am

Oh wow...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:18 am

polska. wrote:I agree with RR, this is sad, but the baby was only 2 days old. Not a major loss, as is a child of 2 years for example.

facepalm
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:20 am

Who knows what that baby could have grown up to become.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:21 am

It doesn't matter what the baby could have become, that annoys me as well. When there is a child on the news who has died or something and someone says "awww it's a shame, they are pretty". Why does it matter if they where a pretty child or not?
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:22 am

polska. wrote:I agree with RR, this is sad, but the baby was only 2 days old. Not a major loss, as is a child of 2 years for example.

Neu tunes
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:24 am

James wrote:It doesn't matter what the baby could have become, that annoys me as well. When there is a child on the news who has died or something and someone says "awww it's a shame, they are pretty". Why does it matter if they where a pretty child or not?

go blog about it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:25 am

Don't get me wrong, this is tragic of course, but a similar thing happened to my parents when I was 6 years old. My mom gave birth to a child who died a few hours later. It is devastating at first obviously and my full condolences to mr. Sharp, but it is not like losing a child of two years or even a few months.

I guess I am just too logical thinking to see it the same way maybe a normal human being would if received this information. I look at the moon as a giant rock levitating around the earth, not a moon, I look at the sky as atmospherical layers. I look at every living thing from a biological point of view, including humans, and I am sure RR does as well. As he pointed out in his second post in this thread, we only feel such remorse because we are per-designed to care for the young, and we are extremely social beings with empathy.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:26 am

This is why i hardly come out of the football league thread, we can talk about it in there with no bullshit comments.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:28 am

easley91 wrote:Billy Sharp - Page 4 9tfzvs

A player must be cautioned if he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt.

He hasn't done either. shifty

Players must not reveal undergarments showing slogans or advertising. The
    basic compulsory equipment must not have any political, religious or personal
    statements.

A player removing his jersey or shirt to reveal slogans or advertising will be
    sanctioned by the competition organiser. The team of a player whose basic
    compulsory equipment has political, religious or personal slogans or statements
    will be sanctioned by the competition organiser or by FIFA.

think
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:29 am

Like I said already, common sense is the un-written law, and it prevailed tonight. Thankfully..
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:31 am

I was meant to have a 2nd brother but he died before he was ever born (it happened before I was born, he was going to be the middle brother and I am the youngest). Every time I visit his grave I cry a lot and even just going to the child's section of the cemetery where his gets me emotional, even if those kids are not related to me or friends of mine or anyone I know. Just thinking about how different life could've been if they were alive today. It's heartbreaking to see children passing away at such young ages.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:32 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:Like I said already, common sense is the un-written law, and it prevailed tonight. Thankfully..

Technically, he should be punished.

But that would just be wrong.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:35 am

easley91 wrote:I was meant to have a 2nd brother but he died before he was ever born (it happened before I was born, he was going to be the middle brother and I am the youngest). Every time I visit his grave I cry a lot and even just going to the child's section of the cemetery where his gets me emotional, even if those kids are not related to me or friends of mine or anyone I know. Just thinking about how different life could've been if they were alive today. It's heartbreaking to see children passing away at such young ages.
    Sad Sad to hear pal.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:35 am

Why is there such a big gap between son and the rest.. really bugs me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:37 am

Rob, Chelmsford via text: "Fair play to the ref at the Doncaster game [Darren Deadman] for not booking Billy Sharp for revealing his t-shirt in tribute to his baby son. Both player and ref deserve plaudits, especially Sharp - all footy fans are behind you and your family. Great courage shown by Sharp."

From the BBC feed.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:38 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Why is there such a big gap between son and the rest.. really bugs me.
    Probably the way the shirt was stretched.

Thanks Bury. Life would've been so different had Mark been born, and although my family doesn't know it I am going to name my first born son if I have one after him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:50 am

polska. wrote:Don't get me wrong, this is tragic of course, but a similar thing happened to my parents when I was 6 years old. My mom gave birth to a child who died a few hours later. It is devastating at first obviously and my full condolences to mr. Sharp, but it is not like losing a child of two years or even a few months.

I guess I am just too logical thinking to see it the same way maybe a normal human being would if received this information. I look at the moon as a giant rock levitating around the earth, not a moon, I look at the sky as atmospherical layers. I look at every living thing from a biological point of view, including humans, and I am sure RR does as well. As he pointed out in his second post in this thread, we only feel such remorse because we are per-designed to care for the young, and we are extremely social beings with empathy.

So anyone who is sad about losing a child or has empathy for someone's loss is not logical like you? No wonder you agree with RR, your head is so far up your ass like him. What is so wrong about empathy?

Of course losing a child at age 2 days is not as bad as losing a child at age 15 years, but what does that have to do with feeling sorry for someone?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:00 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    polska. wrote:Don't get me wrong, this is tragic of course, but a similar thing happened to my parents when I was 6 years old. My mom gave birth to a child who died a few hours later. It is devastating at first obviously and my full condolences to mr. Sharp, but it is not like losing a child of two years or even a few months.

So anyone who is sad about losing a child or has empathy for someone's loss is not logical like you? No wonder you agree with RR, your head is so far up your ass like him. What is so wrong about empathy?

Of course losing a child at age 2 days is not as bad as losing a child at age 15 years, but what does that have to do with feeling sorry for someone?
    It doesn't, and I never said anything to contradict so.

It's not like I came to this thread saying "So what? It was two days old, big deal" or something...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:42 am

The point is, what RR said was unnecessary to the topic. People where showing empathy for the player's loss and he just came in and basically said we shouldn't feel empathy because the child was too young to matter.

He knew what kind of response that would garner, but he did it anyways because those are the types of responses he feeds on.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:46 am

And you guys keep feeding him replies.

And thus he grows stronger, DUN DUN DUN
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:48 am

You did it too Dry Smile
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:57 am

If you're so on thinking outside of the box think about it this way

Happiest moment in your life, stripped away straight after
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:00 pm

Sean wrote:You did it too Dry Smile

Do as I say not as I do.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:06 pm

RR and Polska talking shite, what a surprise. Laughing

Anyway, saw a bit of this thing about him on a few FB status' earlier, so I came here to see what has happened. Takes a lot to go out and play days after that has happened, and then score. not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:28 pm

Fonseca wrote:

If you're so on thinking outside of the box think about it this way

Happiest moment in your life, stripped away straight after
    Yah, therefore why this is tragic and devastating for the couple involved and why we feel empathy towards them.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:42 pm

You're all cunts anyway.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:28 pm

I already said it was horrible for him, no surprise that certain people have decided to jump on that and use it as an excuse for personal abuse though. Neither is it a surprise that a certain corrupt moderator is here and not doing anything about it.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:30 pm

justaddfinesse wrote:Who knows what that baby could have grown up to become.

If someone has an abortion, or uses a condom, who knows what their sperm or embryo could have gone on to become?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:06 am