Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Mal
Danny
Carlos Jenkinson
ShakerMatty
Phadunkin Donuts
SBSP
Sean
VivaRonaldoLAD
Gegilworld93
Steadman
Uncle John from Jamaica
Theo Filippo
coolhead33
Childish Logic
dena
ResurrectionRooney
easley91
JonjoShelvey
samiz
Kuled
Mason
HIBBIES_07
El Jefe
Jordi
Lux
Ben 10
30 posters

Billy Sharp

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Billy Sharp - Page 6 Empty Re: Billy Sharp

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:14 am

Theo Filippo wrote:I thought you were a Lib Dem RR, or were.

I was, I still agree with a lot of their principles, I just felt that this year Clegg had to go even moreso than Miliband did. Voting for him would have meant contributing to potentially keeping him in the job longer and I couldn't abide that. I knew it'd be them or Labour who I was voting for and I decided pretty early on it would be Labour.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Billy Sharp - Page 6 Empty Re: Billy Sharp

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:18 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Ra's al Ghul wrote:

Imagine calling yourself a "warrior of justice" and then saying this.

Research into curing diseases is as noble a cause as any and it benefits me, thus it is the cause I choose to donate to.  It's not because it's purely for my own benefit - if I knew I and everyone I care about would be immune from disease for the rest of my life I would still donate.  I also don't think that the money being sent to poor countries does much good, we send money and food every year, all that happens is the population increases and you have more people suffering.  

As an example of how I am a warrior of justice, I offer that I voted for the Labour party at the most recent election.  I did this even though I thought Edward Miliband was a prick (and still do btw) and even though I reckon it's probably against my own interests - NHS cuts won't effect me, I'm on private, I don't claim any benefits, lower taxes would suit me down to the ground, I think Yes will win the referendum.  I did it because I believed that a Labour government would create a more equal, more just society.  That's what I believe in.

Fuck me, calling yourself a warrior of justice because you voted for the slightly less oppressive party. This post perfectly summarizes everything that's wrong with liberals. They want to think they're making the world a better place without actually doing anything.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:22 pm