Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Mal
Danny
Carlos Jenkinson
ShakerMatty
Phadunkin Donuts
SBSP
Sean
VivaRonaldoLAD
Gegilworld93
Steadman
Uncle John from Jamaica
Theo Filippo
coolhead33
Childish Logic
dena
ResurrectionRooney
easley91
JonjoShelvey
samiz
Kuled
Mason
HIBBIES_07
El Jefe
Jordi
Lux
Ben 10
30 posters

Billy Sharp

Mal
    Mal

Billy Sharp - Page 5 Empty Re: Billy Sharp

Post by Mal Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:45 pm

polska. wrote:I agree with RR, this is sad, but the baby was only 2 days old. Not a major loss, as is a child of 2 years for example.

Imagine the joy of seeing your baby boy born in to the world and that being taken away from you in a matter of days...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:48 pm

Some of the comments in this thread are disgusting, surely a moderator can delete them? Neutral
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:50 pm

Un-fucking-believable.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:57 pm

Mal wrote:
    polska. wrote:I agree with RR, this is sad, but the baby was only 2 days old. Not a major loss, as is a child of 2 years for example.

Imagine the joy of seeing your baby boy born in to the world and that being taken away from you in a matter of days...
    Agreed, very horrible for the parents.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:27 pm

Imagine he was to read these facepalm
    lvrpl4life
    lvrpl4life

Post by lvrpl4life Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:09 pm

I thought to myself...5 pages; we must really have some good people on these forums sending their condolences. And by and large we do, but it is absolutely despicable that 1 person should try and derail a topic that is clearly sensitive to a lot of people.

To get a reaction off of heartbreak is one of the lowest things I have ever witnessed and in any other place he would have been knocked out for his comments.

One again the mods won't do anything and threads will continue to go off topic for his stupid arrogance and attention-seeking!

----------------

Back ON topic - truly heart-wrenching story. I hope that he and his family pull through this tough time. RIP.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Mal wrote:

Exactly. Must've been dreadful for the couple.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:34 pm

But not a major loss yeah?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:37 pm

Danny wrote:But not a major loss yeah?
    Between that and actually loosing a son after two years...

Like I said, my parents were devastated when my brother died a few hours after birth, but they forgot about it after a month time and tried again and I am the oldest sibling of 3.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:47 pm

polska. wrote:

Like I said, my parents were devastated when my brother died a few hours after birth, but they forgot about it after a month time and tried again and I am the oldest sibling of 3.

Well I've seen people devastated from miscarriages. People deal with things differently and losing a loved one or even an unborn baby can have a big affect on people. It's devastating and anyone trying to water it down as if it's nothing is a cunt.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:17 am

The thing is, why even try to analyse it? A baby died, why does it have to be ranked in scale of importance, what kind of person process an event like that?
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:39 am

easley91 wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Why is there such a big gap between son and the rest.. really bugs me.
    Probably the way the shirt was stretched.

Thanks Bury. Life would've been so different had Mark been born, and although my family doesn't know it I am going to name my first born son if I have one after him.
    Cry so sad.
    Very beautiful that you're going to name your first born son after your unborn brother.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:28 am

polska. wrote:

Why does it matter that it's not as sad? Keep those opinions to yourself. It's as bad as my coming in and saying, "everything happens for a reason," which I would never say, especially at a time like this. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:30 am

A baby dying at all is sad. Why does there need to be degrees of how sad it is, it's devastating no matter when :?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:36 am

I'm just trying to help people put in perspective - there's no reason for people on an internet forum to get upset about a footballer they don't care about losing a child. Rather than wasting your time arguing with me, why don't you donate some money to Africa to stop it happening again, like I do, you hypocritical cunts. Or is it only footballers' babies who matter?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:40 am

I don't think anyone is upset, we're just paying our respects towards Billy Sharp, or William Sharp as you like to put it. A baby dieing that young must be horrific, and for him to play and score only 2 days afterwards took real courage. There was absolutely no need for yours or Polska's comments.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:18 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    easley91 wrote:Probably the way the shirt was stretched.

Thanks Bury. Life would've been so different had Mark been born, and although my family doesn't know it I am going to name my first born son if I have one after him.
    Cry so sad.
    Very beautiful that you're going to name your first born son after your unborn brother.
    Thanks, it's something I've only really just thought about recently.
    JonjoShelvey
    JonjoShelvey

Formerly known as : Snoopy
    Supports : Liverpool Football Club.

Post by JonjoShelvey Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:17 am

2 cunts talking shit. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:50 am

R.I.P to Louie. Sad
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:27 am

So Billy Sharp plays football a few days after his baby dies, and Tevez doesn't play cos he cba.

Thoughts are with Billy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:20 am

R.I.P to the kid Billy Sharp - Page 5 9905 And my heart goes out to Billy Sharp and his family.Billy Sharp - Page 5 9905

As for some of the other comments, the people who actually run this entire forum should ban the vile cunts for good. What type of bloody people are you that run this forum.Billy Sharp - Page 5 58503
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:33 am

In all honesty, what a fucking hero.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:40 pm

So much overreaction
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:34 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I'm just trying to help people put in perspective - there's no reason for people on an internet forum to get upset about a footballer they don't care about losing a child.  Rather than wasting your time arguing with me, why don't you donate some money to Africa to stop it happening again, like I do, you hypocritical cunts.  Or is it only footballers' babies who matter?

Have you ended poverty yet by donating money to "Africa"? Fucking liberal sanctimony.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:10 pm

I stand by everything I said in this thread, except the Africa thing, it's a waste of money. I now only donate to charities I see as a good investment, eg. cancer research, because I or someone I care about will probably one day get cancer.  The increased value we put on infants' lives is borne of nothing rational, it's purely instinct.  I had a lot of sympathy for Billy Jones and his wife at the time - as much as you can for any strangers you read about on the internet anyway - which perhaps I should have made more of on here.

He also should have been booked.  I hope the referee was punished for ignoring/not knowing the rules.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:24 am

So you stand by everything except the thing he's just challenge you on?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:21 am

Yes.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:42 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I now only donate to charities I see as a good investment, eg. cancer research, because I or someone I care about will probably one day get cancer. 

Imagine calling yourself a "warrior of justice" and then saying this.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:06 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:I now only donate to charities I see as a good investment, eg. cancer research, because I or someone I care about will probably one day get cancer. 

Imagine calling yourself a "warrior of justice" and then saying this.

Research into curing diseases is as noble a cause as any and it benefits me, thus it is the cause I choose to donate to. It's not because it's purely for my own benefit - if I knew I and everyone I care about would be immune from disease for the rest of my life I would still donate. I also don't think that the money being sent to poor countries does much good, we send money and food every year, all that happens is the population increases and you have more people suffering.

As an example of how I am a warrior of justice, I offer that I voted for the Labour party at the most recent election. I did this even though I thought Edward Miliband was a prick (and still do btw) and even though I reckon it's probably against my own interests - NHS cuts won't effect me, I'm on private, I don't claim any benefits, lower taxes would suit me down to the ground, I think Yes will win the referendum. I did it because I believed that a Labour government would create a more equal, more just society. That's what I believe in.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:08 am

I thought you were a Lib Dem RR, or were.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:13 pm