Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Norwegian headed for world record

Weather130
    Weather130

Norwegian headed for world record Empty Norwegian headed for world record

Post by Weather130 Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:18 am

Norwegian side Odd Grenland say that they will attempt to get midfielder Jone Samuelsen's header from inside his own half into the Guinness Book of World Records.

Samuelsen headed home into an open goal from 57 metres out against Tromso on Sunday, with the opposition goalkeeper having gone up for corner.

Odd Grenland manager Tore Andersen said: "According to our information, this is the longest distance ever recorded for a headed goal. We have measured 57.3 metres (187 feet and 11'9 inches)."

Samuelsen, though, admitted that scoring was the last thing on his mind when the ball arrived on his head.

"I could say that I was trying to score, but that would not be true," Samuelsen told the NTB news agency. "It was a punt, in fact, and I didn't see that the ball was going into the goal or that the Tromsoe goalkeeper was not there."

I think we all remember that crazy goal that made it all the way in from beyond the hafway line, I think it has to be some sort of record good job for that lad.

coolhead33
    coolhead33

Norwegian headed for world record Empty Re: Norwegian headed for world record

Post by coolhead33 Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:29 am

Old. It was a shit header as well believe it or not.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:23 pm