Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
banana
easley91
Laurencio
VivaRonaldoLAD
Carlos Jenkinson
Barton
ResurrectionRooney
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Mouse
Marvin
Steadman
The Zlatan
16 posters

Stuart Pearce selected as GB Olympic Team manager

easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Stuart Pearce selected as GB Olympic Team manager - Page 2 Empty Re: Stuart Pearce selected as GB Olympic Team manager

Post by easley91 Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:38 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    easley91 wrote:What are the rules of selection? I know it's something like u23s and 2 or 3 over 23s (I think from what I've seen on Football Manager Laughing)

From wiki

Assuming the same squad restrictions used for recent Olympiads are applied, each squad will consist of eighteen players, of which no more than three may be born before 1 January 1989.
    So yeah I was basically right then, just didn't know how many players. 18 seems a bit low though, going to be a tough squad for Pearce to name but as long as they stay injury free I can see 3 names already and possibly Rooney as well. Bale, Ramsey and Wilshere are surefire picks for the squad. I think we might do alright to be honest. Be nice to see how well we'd do with Bale on the left (or right as he has played there for Wales).
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Stuart Pearce selected as GB Olympic Team manager - Page 2 Empty Re: Stuart Pearce selected as GB Olympic Team manager

Post by Laurencio Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:40 am

easley91 wrote:

From wiki

So yeah I was basically right then, just didn't know how many players. 18 seems a bit low though, going to be a tough squad for Pearce to name but as long as they stay injury free I can see 3 names already and possibly Rooney as well. Bale, Ramsey and Wilshere are surefire picks for the squad. I think we might do alright to be honest. Be nice to see how well we'd do with Bale on the left (or right as he has played there for Wales).

I thought the Welsh FA didn't want anything to do with it?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:40 am

Laurencio wrote:
    easley91 wrote:

It doesn't matter what they want.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:45 am

Fergie says Rooney can't play in the Euro's and Olympics I think. shifty
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:52 am

Laurencio wrote:

It doesn't matter what they want.

Oh? Great. Still won't have a shot in hell, and Pearce will probably not select "England + Bale, Ramsey and Evans", but will be interesting to see then.
    banana
    banana

Post by banana Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:06 am

can't see the British team winning the Olympics, although that won't stop all of the unnecessary hype they are bound to get.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:34 am

Ryan Giggs might play for GB Stuart Pearce selected as GB Olympic Team manager - Page 2 283183
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:43 am

He's done well with the U21's, better than some foreign prick.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Post by Laurencio Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:51 am

Chris wrote:He's done well with the U21's, better than some foreign prick.

Still got knocked out in the group stages of the U21 Euros Stuart Pearce selected as GB Olympic Team manager - Page 2 279869

Spain I get, but the Czechs was really unecessary, and drawing with Ukraine was just bad.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:21 am

Laurencio wrote:
    Chris wrote:He's done well with the U21's, better than some foreign prick.

Still got knocked out in the group stages of the U21 Euros Stuart Pearce selected as GB Olympic Team manager - Page 2 279869

Spain I get, but the Czechs was really unecessary, and drawing with Ukraine was just bad.
    We were in the group of death, Spain and Czech's have just as good U21 teams as anyone in the tornament.

In previous competitions he's took them far.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:15 pm

If Bale and Ramsey want to play for GB then the Welsh FA can't stop them. What day does it start? is it during the Euros? as long as it's after the Quarter-finals then English players should be available. Stuart Pearce selected as GB Olympic Team manager - Page 2 279869
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:06 am

GK's - HART, Butland
    DEF's - Smalling, Jones, Walker, D. Wilson, Hanlon
    MID's - Wilshere, Ramsey, Bale, Henderson, Walcott, Bannan, GIGGS
    FWD's - David Goodwillie, Wellbeck, Rhodes, MILLER

BOLD = OVER 23

England - 9
    Scotland - 6
    Wales - 3

--------------------Hart--------------------
    Walker----Smalling---Jones----Wilson
    ------Wilshere--Ramsey--Bannan------
    Walcott-------Wellbeck-------------Bale

Last edited by Chip on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:08 am

I doubt any scotland players will get picked, they hate england.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:11 am

FUCK YOU CUNTS I WAS JUST TRYING TO SHOW YOU WHAT KIND OF TEAM YOU COULD HAVE!
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:18 am

Chip wrote:FUCK YOU CUNTS I WAS JUST TRYING TO SHOW YOU WHAT KIND OF TEAM YOU COULD HAVE!

why you mad for?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:06 pm

Chris wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

We were in the group of death, Spain and Czech's have just as good U21 teams as anyone in the tornament.

wow!

i have never seen as much bullshit from anyone else in this forum, no wonder no one likes you!

pearce is the sole reason why england will never have any success at any tournament he has involvement in. have u actually seen the u21 play ever? he is by far the most primitive professional "coach" i have ever seen.

he is basically the direct descendent of charles hughes. no players and no football administrators outside of english FA want any involvement with him for a reason

i dare you to challenge me on this subject, lady voice guy

wilshere? dont make me laugh. the best players eligible that have played under pearce in past will avoid him and the ones that do decide to go will only suffer the same feat as the others. playing under pearce makes the players worse, this is an absolute fact
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:14 pm

mauro=beast wrote:
    Chris wrote:

wow!

i have never seen as much bullshit from anyone else in this forum, no wonder no one likes you!

pearce is the sole reason why england will never have any success at any tournament he has involvement in. have u actually seen the u21 play ever? he is by far the most primitive professional "coach" i have ever seen.

he is basically the direct descendent of charles hughes. no players and no football administrators outside of english FA want any involvement with him for a reason

i dare you to challenge me on this subject, lady voice guy

wilshere? dont make me laugh. the best players eligible that have played under pearce in past will avoid him and the ones that do decide to go will only suffer the same feat as the others. playing under pearce makes the players worse, this is an absolute fact
    Suspect
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:42 pm

I've just opened my copy of FM12 and there was a leaflet with Gareth Bale wearing the team GB shirt.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:44 pm

Cam wrote:I've just opened my copy of FM12 and there was a leaflet with Gareth Bale wearing the team GB shirt.
    Stuart Pearce selected as GB Olympic Team manager - Page 2 914411
    Does the shirt look any good? If it does I'd like to get one. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:53 pm

It's alright, i'm trying to get a picture of it..
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:03 pm

Cam wrote:It's alright, i'm trying to get a picture of it..
    I'll hopefully get FM 2012 soon so I'll see it for myself anyway. Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:10 pm

It's blue, with a red bit around the neck and it's got loads of patterns (flames and stuff) stencilled into the shirt
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:16 pm

Sounds nice to me. I'd imagine they'd put it on sale to be bought next year building up to the event and IMO it would be a very special shirt.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:25 pm

I'll probably buy it, it does looks slightly tacky though
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:27 pm

I'll probably buy it just for the historic factor.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:36 pm

Fucking pointless competition.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:37 pm

I feel sorry for Stuart Pearce trying to be fair and picking some Northern Irish players. Other than Lee Camp who would fit into our squad easily, they're pretty shit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:40 pm

Forest wrote:I feel sorry for Stuart Pearce trying to be fair and picking some Northern Irish players. Other than Lee Camp who would fit into our squad easily, they're pretty shit.

Laughing Johnny Evans is alright.
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:41 pm

Cam wrote:
    Forest wrote:I feel sorry for Stuart Pearce trying to be fair and picking some Northern Irish players. Other than Lee Camp who would fit into our squad easily, they're pretty shit.

We do have quite a few centre backs though. I can think of two of his club mates to start with. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:42 pm

easley91 wrote:
    Cam wrote:

We do have quite a few centre backs though. I can think of two of his club mates to start with. Laughing

Smalling can go at right back

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:32 am