Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
The Zlatan
Clark
6 posters

How I think the Admin/Mod structure should work.

Anonymous

How I think the Admin/Mod structure should work. Empty How I think the Admin/Mod structure should work.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:17 am

Administrator (2 members)
    Administrators have full control of the whole forum.

Global Moderator (2 members)
    Global Moderators have the power to sticky threads, lock threads, merge threads, ban members and infract members. Pretty much the same power as the Admin, except they can't change the design of the forum etc, like an Admin can.

Moderator (4 members)
    Moderators do NOT have the power to ban/infract people. They only have the power to sticky threads, close/lock threads and merge threads.

-----------------------------

I believe the above system would be very beneficial to the forum. It would also stop power-hungry moderators giving out bans willy-nilly.

I believe we need a complete overhaul. All current mods to be de-modded, and a new voting system to be put into place.

I also believe there should be an admin/mod section which only mods and admin can access, to talk about things like, potential banning etc. (Assuming there isn't already a section like this)

Thoughts?

Last edited by Scott on Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:26 am; edited 2 times in total
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

How I think the Admin/Mod structure should work. Empty Re: How I think the Admin/Mod structure should work.

Post by Clark Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:19 am

Agree with it, but I think 1 or 2 of the current Mods should stay.
    Anonymous

How I think the Admin/Mod structure should work. Empty Re: How I think the Admin/Mod structure should work.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:21 am

Sounds reasonable. Instead of just removing all current mods, we should have elections every once in a while with no term limits.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:21 am

Sounds all right, although it seems like a lot of mods/admins. I don't think the current mods should be removed, but the last thing you said is a good idea.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:22 am

The main thing is, the two different types of moderators. I think it will be good to have a group of mods who don't actually have the power to ban people, but have the power to close threads etc.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:23 am

Here's how I think it should be

Owner - Mal - No actual powers, pays for the running of the site and takes any ad revenue, nominally an Admin

Administrator - ResurrectionRooney - Administrates the forum, ensures the forum is run smoothly. Does not handle Bans, closing, locking, stickying threads, etc.

Super-moderators - Democratically elected moderators who have the power to ban, the power to give infractions, the power to sticky threads, the power to close threads and the power to delete posts

Moderators - Democratically elected, with all of the above powers other than banning and infracting.

Being in one category does not exclude one from applying from another category, eg. the owner can volunteer to be a Moderator or Supermoderator without relinquishing ownership
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:24 am

And maybe 2 global mods, instead of 4. So, 2 Admin, 2 Global Mods, 4 Mods.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:24 am

I don't think you'd need an additional four moderators on top of the four global mods, only one or two. Especially if the global modes can help out with the organisation of threads - sticking and whatnot.

EDIT: Or what you just said.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:25 am

I think there should be less Global mods than Mods.

2 Admin.

2 Global Mods

4 Mods.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:44 am

What Scott said.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:46 am

2 Admins

3 Mods

5 Global Mods
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:25 am

If one mod can ban/infract, they all can. The functions on forumotion are terrible.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:27 am

Mal wrote:If one mod can ban/infract, they all can. The functions on forumotion are terrible.

Don't make them proper mods then, give them a fancy usertitle and the power to lock and sticky threads (which I know can be done because I had that power before).
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:28 am

James wrote:
    Mal wrote:If one mod can ban/infract, they all can. The functions on forumotion are terrible.

Don't make them proper mods then, give them a fancy usertitle and the power to lock and sticky threads (which I know can be done because I had that power before).

You could ban too, I think. I just removed the ability to ban after a day.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:31 am

Mal wrote:
    James wrote:

You could ban too, I think. I just removed the ability to ban after a day.

I never tried banning, and if you removed the banning after a day then I still had the powers to lock, delete, sticky threads etc for a while after that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:47 am

The moderator role described is exactly what I should be. I am active, helpful member, and I need those powers anyway for the FM forum.

However, when I was FM mod, I wasn't supposed to be able to ban people, yet I still had the power to do so if I went to an individual's profile and scroll down. (What happened to Jela Laughing)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:15 pm