Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Jess
Ricardo
Walcott
Uncle John from Jamaica
Ben
Sean
ResurrectionRooney
Kris
LeBron
Pippo
Barton
Danny
Zzonked
ayvee1
crump
19 posters

If you won the lottery would you (still) work?

Poll

Thread

[ 9 ]
    If you won the lottery would you (still) work? Bar_left53%If you won the lottery would you (still) work? Bar_right [53%] 
    [ 8 ]
    If you won the lottery would you (still) work? Bar_left47%If you won the lottery would you (still) work? Bar_right [47%] 

Total Votes: 17
    crump
    crump

If you won the lottery would you (still) work? Empty If you won the lottery would you (still) work?

Post by crump Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:13 pm

I'm talking like £161m, would you still go to college, university and get a job etc and work up until 30 or around 55?

Or would you travel, buy mansions, invest, do things you never could before and use the money to it's full extent?

For me it's definitely the latter, I don't see the point in having £161m and still working, whether you want an ambition or not, I couldn't give a shit what people think as they'd be jealous regardless of if I worked or not, I'd be quite happy having real friends and a wife and kids and go travelling, give them the best education and never need to earn a penny for the rest of my life.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

If you won the lottery would you (still) work? Empty Re: If you won the lottery would you (still) work?

Post by ayvee1 Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:18 pm

Well, you're talking about investment of money, that's kind of a job isn't it? Playing the markets, property etc. Doesn't have to be a 9-5 office job.

But to answer the question, I think I'd be doing something. Not sure what line of work it would be, but I wouldn't want to just party, travel and sit on my arse 'til I died.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

If you won the lottery would you (still) work? Empty Re: If you won the lottery would you (still) work?

Post by Zzonked Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:23 pm

I'd finish Uni, but never work a proper job.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:30 pm

Probably not a "proper job" like a shit 9 till 5 sort of thing.

I'd set up and run my own very successful business. neu shades
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:36 pm

You'd want to be doing something wouldn't you, obviously not an office job or manual labor trying to live an average working class life, that would be silly. But if i did nothing other than buying a big house, tavelling and partying for the rest of my life, i'd get very bored eventually.

Whats the point in having eveything given to you and not actually acheving anything in your life? That would be kinda lame.

Last edited by JMB_94 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:37 pm

Of course. I'd be the chairman of Koloale FC.
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:05 am

no
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:14 am

I'd finish uni for sure, then.. take a year off, and see what I want to do
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:19 am

Of course. I'd stay at college, go to Uni, then travel and shit. I'd start my own business or get a place on the Board at Forest.

It'd be boring just sitting on your arse all day. Bill Gates still works, and £161 Million is nothing to him...
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:25 am

I'd complete University then go back and do it again, perhaps I would continually do this,, devote my life to becoming as intelligent and knowledgeable as I can be.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:34 am

I would work because I'm quite unimaginative.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:44 am

JMB_94 wrote:You'd want to be doing something wouldn't you, obviously not an office job or manual labor trying to live an average working class life, that would be silly. But if i did nothing other than buying a big house, tavelling and partying for the rest of my life, i'd get very bored eventually.

Whats the point in having eveything given to you and not actually acheving anything in your life? That would be kinda lame.

I don't think i'd care about achieving something, once you die you go anyway so it isn't like you can look back on your achievements.

I'd try to live a normal life most likely. Wouldn't wanna come across as a snob.
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:48 am

I'd finish school and stuff, I'd try and live normally and get friends who like me for me, not my money...
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:29 am

Yes, I'd become so bored otherwise.

I'd only work doing a job I loved though, and I'd try to live a normal life but just upgrade it a significant amount.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:32 am

I'd definitely finish my apprenticeship. Would probably bribe my assessors a fair bit though to get top marks. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:16 am

i would do something to keep me active

contrary to what most people into this forum would do with that money, just sit around and play games

maybe i would buy a jet or somethign and get pilot liscence. do something productive instead of sit around mansion all day eating sausage and watching wrestling on tv like some people on here would do probably
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:25 am

mauro=beast wrote:i would do something to keep me active

contrary to what most people into this forum would do with that money, just sit around and play games

maybe i would buy a jet or somethign and get pilot liscence. do something productive instead of sit around mansion all day eating sausage and watching wrestling on tv like some people on here would do probably

Maybe you could get yourself some English lessons while you're at it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:49 am

I wouldn't.

I'd go around the world watching football, partying in the best cities and hotspots around the world.

I'd probably end up dead at 35 from a cocktail of drugs and alcohol or something.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:20 am

Nah, I'd live off the interest. If you won the lottery would you (still) work? 267199
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:21 am

Chris wrote:I wouldn't.

I'd go around the world watching football, partying in the best cities and hotspots around the world.

I'd probably end up dead at 35 from a cocktail of drugs and alcohol or something.

You'd buy 50 million protein shakes.
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:57 am

Since I'm interested in Literature I'd probably spend a lot of my time writing novels and poems. It would be stress free since I'd have enough money to last a lifetime considering all the interest I'd accumalate.

I definitely wouldn't go into a field in which I couldn't have my own schedule though.
    Jess

Post by Jess Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:29 am

It would depend.
    If I didn't work, I would be terribly bored because I'd assume all my mates would be at work, so I couldn't do much - I'd probably work part time or if I'd worked my way up before winning the lottery, so say I started out as a reporter then became the editor of Vogue or something, I'd probably still stay working tbh.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:31 am

Jess wrote:It would depend.
    If I didn't work, I would be terribly bored because I'd assume all my mates would be at work, so I couldn't do much - I'd probably work part time or if I'd worked my way up before winning the lottery, so say I started out as a reporter then became the editor of Vogue or something, I'd probably still stay working tbh.

Give all your mates shitloads of money so they don't have to work for a few years.
    Jess

Post by Jess Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:35 am

You can't chuck a load of money at people though - not everyone would be happy/feel comfortable with that
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:42 am

Theoretically they wouldn't, offer them the cash and they'll quickly change their tune though. If they don't, let them work and go off and get shitfaced somewhere foreign and hot with your mates who want to have a good time.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:45 am

How the fuck can you be bored with £161m? facepalm

And I've never read so much shit in my life 'Oh well it depends really' 'Yeah think I'd finish Uni first' haha! Fuck off Laughing The books and paper would be thrown straight out the window and you'd never look back.

Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:54 am

Like I said before, I would use the money to help me get my dream job.

Might even use it to re-kick start my (rather short lived) tennis career or maybe get into F1/Touring Cars.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:58 am

You realise your friends would change? I think I'd be more in the company of Pedro, the multi-millionaire Spanish business man, we'd go shopping in Oxford Street every day.
    Jess

Post by Jess Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:00 am

Not all your friends would change...
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:03 am

I don't think I'd tell my friends, there'd be an expectation that I'd shower them with wealth, which would be more trouble than it was worth. I reckon I'd just create a relative who'd just died leaving my family a fair bit of money, I certainly wouldn't disclose that I was multi-millionaire.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:29 pm