Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Cam
Gegilworld93
Royal
SBSP
bcfcben
Kaka11|LFC
Ricardo
Jord
Lux
Jess
Danny
Uncle John from Jamaica
dena
Sean
Marvin
froggy22
crump
Pippo
Zzonked
23 posters

How do you make yourself do work?

Zzonked
    Zzonked

How do you make yourself do work? Empty How do you make yourself do work?

Post by Zzonked Tue May 03, 2011 2:40 am

What techniques do you use?

I tend to leave it until the day before so I have no choice but to do it, I don't think this is the best way. Razz
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

How do you make yourself do work? Empty Re: How do you make yourself do work?

Post by Pippo Tue May 03, 2011 2:41 am

Turn the router off.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue May 03, 2011 2:43 am

Pip wrote:Turn the router off.

+1000

That and TV is my downfall.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 2:55 am

When the mood hits me. Usually at the last minute. I work well under pressure.
    froggy22
    froggy22

Post by froggy22 Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 am

work?
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Tue May 03, 2011 3:04 am

Library usually works for me, when I see others working I do the same.

Either that or get your friends together so you can all do your work.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 3:07 am

I was ment to do a ton of art and photography work today but Bin Larden was killed so...I cba

But I usually just drink a load of energy drinks to get my self working...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 3:09 am

College library during free periods on my own. Can't do work at home I just get distracted.

Need to start revision though, left it way too late. I should probably get myself banned here and deactivate fb. Nigga
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue May 03, 2011 3:33 am

What Zzonked and Rei said, I cant work unless im under pressure and have no choice but to do it, also for revision I need to do a massive cram session, if I revise like 2 weeks before the test I forget everything I learnt at the start
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue May 03, 2011 4:24 am

Interesting question as I am about to do two assignments right now... I usually get the iTunes out, turn off the browser (that I'll just open back up anyway) and do it in 10-15 minute bursts. It's weird Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 4:29 am

Got two essays for the end of the week, have I started? No. Have I looked at them? No.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Tue May 03, 2011 8:28 am

I'm the same as a lot on here, had 6 weeks between my college blocks with 4 and a half assignments to do. So here I am 5 and a bit weeks later, with all my stuff still sat on the box where it's been untouched the whole time.

One tip for lads is to have a wank before you start, because if you don't then you will just end up stopping after a few minutes to polish a quick one off the wrist.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue May 03, 2011 8:31 am

Got maths and English homework to do for Wednesday. Graphics for Thursday. Started? Have I fuck. Neutral

Exams start in 2 weeks. Revised? Not much. Neutral
    froggy22
    froggy22

Post by froggy22 Tue May 03, 2011 8:32 am

got an exam tomorrow and thursday, havent even looked at my books yet and i know if i did nothing will go in. Assignments are always done the night before/day of hand in. dont know why im surprised im getting average marks at uni atm Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 8:34 am

I do it when I have to do it. I do an IT BTEC at collage so I generally need the internet for research purposes.
    Jess

Post by Jess Tue May 03, 2011 8:35 am

I have my AS drama performance in 9 days and I don't know any lines.
    Have my first exam in 2 weeks and I haven't started revising for it.

I am fucking screwed.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue May 03, 2011 8:37 am

I rarely did make myself do work.

Usually just last minute....when the consequences of not doing the work then would be very annoying.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 8:48 am

I rarely studied in High School. Everything I learn in class/homework/etc. stays in my head. Just need a small review of everything before tests to remind myself.

When it comes to projects, I am the same as Rei. I'm very productive when I have to absolutely work, otherwise I procrastinate like hell. Thus most work get's left for last minute. Razz
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue May 03, 2011 8:52 am

Seems we have a lot of procrastinators on this forum.

I'm definitely going to try and stop doing that next year.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Tue May 03, 2011 8:53 am

I have to do an IT presentation for one of my College assignments. Got to have it done by Wednesday, haven't started one bit of it yet.

Last edited by Jord on Tue May 03, 2011 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue May 03, 2011 8:54 am

Laughing
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Tue May 03, 2011 9:02 am

If I get the grades I need for Loughbrough I'll class me not renewing my Xbox Live as the most influential factor. Tbh I can't revise at home most of the time, so I try and work with a few friend during free periods at Sixth Form.
    Kaka11|LFC
    Kaka11|LFC

Post by Kaka11|LFC Tue May 03, 2011 9:07 am

I'll do assignments but once I feel their done well enough I'll stop, I don't strive for perfection, or just when I get bored. For tests, I don't een do work in class, I just make sure I understand it then I'll talk to mates, no need to revise as long as I understand it, especially with Maths, simple.
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Post by bcfcben Tue May 03, 2011 9:13 am

I can't work at Uni as i mess about too much so i just do it at home as its easier to avoid a PS3 then it is mates...i dont usually do it all at once though as my mind starts to overload like The Matrix
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 10:05 am

If there is a computer in front of me, I can forget about getting work done. So I get most of my work done at a library or something. I end up doing work at the last minute. It's not the best tactic, but it gets me from point A to B with good quality still.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 10:08 am

I don't tbh.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Tue May 03, 2011 11:27 am

Zzonked wrote:Seems we have a lot of procrastinators on this forum.

Like fuck you will.

Chances are if you've been like this for ages then it's not going to change.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue May 03, 2011 11:29 am

I'll stop procrastinating tomorrow.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue May 03, 2011 11:29 am

Marvin wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:Seems we have a lot of procrastinators on this forum.

Like fuck you will.

Chances are if you've been like this for ages then it's not going to change.

Probably right, but I'm going to try.

In my second year it actually means something so hopefully I can get myself more motivated, as all school leading up to this has felt a bit pointless.

Plus I wasn't always like that, before year 6 I used to be a proper nerd. Do my homework straight away type thing. Obviously that was ages ago though. Laughing
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue May 03, 2011 11:30 am

SBSP wrote:I'll stop procrastinating tomorrow.

What is today but yesterday's tomorrow?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:54 pm