Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maradona loses 1st match in charge of Al Wasl

Weather130
    Weather130

Maradona loses 1st match in charge of Al Wasl Empty Maradona loses 1st match in charge of Al Wasl

Post by Weather130 Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:16 pm

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates (AP)—Diego Maradona’s first match in charge of UAE club Al Wasl ended in with a 4-3 loss to league champion Al Jazira on Thursday after his team gave up the deciding goal in stoppage time.

Al Wasl, which lost 4-0 to Al Jazira on the day Maradona’s signing was announced in mid-May, rallied to tie after trailing 3-1 at halftime. All three goals for Al Wasl were scored by Argentine Mariano Donda, a recent signing by Maradona.

Brazilian striker Bare headed Al Jazira’s late winner at the Mohammed Bin Zayed stadium.

It was a vintage performance, though, from Maradona. The man with two watches showed intense emotions on the sideline, throwing his hands up and arguing with officials when things went wrong for his team. He let out a protracted cry when Donda scored his second goal.

Maradona pleased the crowd by juggling with a ball, and then blamed organizers for arriving late for his news conference.

Delighted with his team’s effort, especially the way the club fought back in the second half, Maradona said, “I thank my players because they did very well. They fought to a man in the field, and in the end I am very happy with them.

“The second half, my team was the only one on the pitch. There was no one against us. The players did their best and the result should have been 3-3.”

Unhappy, though, with some of the refereeing decisions, the former World Cup winner believed that Ricardo Oliveira was offside for Al Jazira’s third goal.

“There is a penalty we should have had, which we didn’t get,” he said. “And they had a goal they shouldn’t have. But as I said, in the second half, Jazira were not on the field.”

So Maradona can not even have success managing a rather unknown team in the Middle East. I think he just was not made to be a manager and maybe he should just give up. Laughing
    Anonymous

Maradona loses 1st match in charge of Al Wasl Empty Re: Maradona loses 1st match in charge of Al Wasl

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:41 pm

im not surprised

but this managerial move has already paid dividends pr-wise

al wasl season ticket memeberships have increased by 145 people
    Anonymous

Maradona loses 1st match in charge of Al Wasl Empty Re: Maradona loses 1st match in charge of Al Wasl

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:39 pm

Erm what? Laughing

Maradona lost 4-3, conceding in stoppage time, to the strongest team in the league. What is the issue?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:27 am

Considering they lost 4-0 last time, Maradona has done good to lose 4-3 to the league champions in stoppage time.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:11 am

polska. wrote:Erm what? Laughing

Maradona lost 4-3, conceding in stoppage time, to the strongest team in the league. What is the issue?

Multiquotes is giving me fits but you and ahly are right here that this is probably actually a good result for Maradona, I now see that this is just some nasty media hype to make Maradona look bad. Funny that I posted this right after my first exam in my mass media and society class.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:17 am