Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Kelloggg8
Dean
CollieBuddz
Mal
Theo Filippo
Grenade
Roloman4
menalawyerguy
Gegilworld93
El_indian
SBSP
Jayx1012
mac
Jord
Dedge
ResurrectionRooney
Mouse
Harrold
22 posters

Which picture do you find most sickening?

Poll

Which picture do you find most sickening?

[ 6 ]
    Which picture do you find most sickening?  Bar_left29%Which picture do you find most sickening?  Bar_right [29%] 
    [ 15 ]
    Which picture do you find most sickening?  Bar_left71%Which picture do you find most sickening?  Bar_right [71%] 

Total Votes: 21
    Anonymous

Which picture do you find most sickening?  Empty Which picture do you find most sickening?

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:45 am

Picture A -

Which picture do you find most sickening?  Ethiopia

Picture B -

Which picture do you find most sickening?  IMG_0417
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Which picture do you find most sickening?  Empty Re: Which picture do you find most sickening?

Post by Harrold Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:47 am

I don't find the African picture sick. Just worse than the dogs.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Which picture do you find most sickening?  Empty Re: Which picture do you find most sickening?

Post by Mouse Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:48 am

Should spoiler it.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:50 am

I don't find either picture sickening.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:53 am

I've seen cows and lamb being displayed like the dogs several times, so I got used to it. It's just food. However, I find Picture A sickening for several reasons. One of those reasons is the country or the world isn't doing all it can to help them.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:08 am

ahlycotc wrote:I've seen cows and lamb being displayed like the dogs several times, so I got used to it. It's just food. However, I find Picture A sickening for several reasons. One of those reasons is the country or the world isn't doing all it can to help them.

What are you doing to help them?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:15 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:I've seen cows and lamb being displayed like the dogs several times, so I got used to it. It's just food. However, I find Picture A sickening for several reasons. One of those reasons is the country or the world isn't doing all it can to help them.

Nothing at the moment. That's my point. It needs to be a collective effort though. The biggest step towards making Africa a better place is by having a responsible government that takes care of its own people and develops the nation.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:20 am

Neither are pictures i enjoy looking at.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:28 am

The dogs.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:33 am

Probably B, although 'sickened' would be an exaggeration. You see A on TV all the time, less of a shock factor with that one.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:36 am

ahlycotc wrote:

Nothing at the moment. That's my point. It needs to be a collective effort though. The biggest step towards making Africa a better place is by having a responsible government that takes care of its own people and develops the nation.

Sounds like you're just putting the responsibility on other people.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:37 am

ahlycotc wrote:I've seen cows and lamb being displayed like the dogs several times
    This. The dog picture doesn't bother me one bit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:38 am

ahlycotc wrote:

Mostly, its the government's fault. At this stage of my life, I can't do anything about it.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:49 am

ahlycotc wrote:

Mostly, its the government's fault. At this stage of my life, I can't do anything about it.

Of course you can, you have money, donate it to African people instead of buying luxuries. It won't solve the whole problem, obviously, but it might save a few lives. It's your attitude, that you want to have luxuries so you don't donate, that is the attitude of the governments, and is the attitude of the people. Before complaining about what the governments are doing, look at your own actions. It's people like you vote for these governments.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:53 am

ahlycotc wrote:

Of course you can, you have money, donate it to African people instead of buying luxuries. It won't solve the whole problem, obviously, but it might save a few lives. It's your attitude, that you want to have luxuries so you don't donate, that is the attitude of the governments, and is the attitude of the people. Before complaining about what the governments are doing, look at your own actions. It's people like you vote for these governments.

1) I don't have money. I'm actually in debt.
    2) I have never voted for a government in an African nation.

Move along.
    Dedge
    Dedge

Post by Dedge Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:11 am

Seriously threads like this just make me wanna' be sick. Why even post this?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:19 am

ahlycotc wrote:

Move along.

1) I bet you have luxuries though
    2) So you don't think the governments or wealthy Western countries have any responsibility?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:43 am

Why should I contribute to make Africa better?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:10 am

Africa pic not working.

Meh, Africa is fucked as a whole.

I would take a foodbasket nation like Angola or Namibia and just flood it with tons and tons of money and aid, impose stable non-corrupt government, develop their rural lands into a true foodbasket etc.; Make them a developed sustainable country. From their, move to another country, maybe Mozambique and Zimbabwe? By the time that is done, the rest of the hellhole that is Africa has probably collapsed by then and most likely we have developed more eco-friendly sources of power and resources, that would be the moment to start rebuilding. One nation at a time.

Maybe we can re-arrange the African nations borders into more ethnic lines rather than crap colonial lines while we are at it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:17 am

ahlycotc wrote:

Move along.

2) So you don't think the governments or wealthy Western countries have any responsibility?

1) I live with my parents, so yes. I do donate to charity as well. It's not going to make a significant impact though.
    2) They have some responsibility.

James wrote:Why should I contribute to make Africa better?

Even if you are selfish, It will eventually improve your life and the lives of everyone.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:34 am

ahlycotc wrote:

1) I live with my parents, so yes. I do donate to charity as well. It's not going to make a significant impact though.

1. Western governments donate aid as well, they could donate more, sure, but so could you.
    2. Why? They are debt too, and is people like you who vote for them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:40 am

If it were puppies I'd feel sick, but that just looks tasteless rather than sickening.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:40 am

ahlycotc wrote:

1. Western governments donate aid as well, they could donate more, sure, but so could you.
    2. Why? They are debt too, and is people like you who vote for them.

1) Not really. But that's beside the point. Financial aid is useless if it's going to the wrong people. Like the old adage says, "give a man a fish and feed him for a day. teach a man to fish and feed him for life". I would rather see Western governments encourage true democracy in these countries and help the countries in improving the level of education, infrastructure, jobs, etc.

2) Western nations have had an ugly history in Africa and have a responsibility in the current mess it's in. They are not fully responsible, but they aren't clean either. Who do you mean when you say I vote for them? African governments or Western? If African, I told you I don't vote there. If US, then I only voted once in my life for Obama. I felt he was the better option. Either way, both candidates wouldn't have made a difference in Africa.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:44 am

I see enough starving Africans on my TV. Those poor dogs though Sad
    mac
    mac

Supports : Liverpool

Post by mac Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:28 am

Both quite disgusting. What's with all the threads about disgusting videos/images recently?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:40 am

Neither sicken me but the first one definitely frustrates me quite a lot. I couldn't care less about the second picture. If those dogs were slaughtered in an ethically acceptable manner then there is absolutely no problem with the second picture whatsoever.
    Jayx1012

Post by Jayx1012 Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:17 am

kill all africans end suffering and save funding for ACTUAL endangered species. 3 species of animals go extinct A WEEK.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:20 am

Jayx1012 wrote:kill all africans end suffering and save funding for ACTUAL endangered species. 3 species of animals go extinct A WEEK.
    If you are actually being serious... facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:56 am

Jayx1012 wrote:kill all africans end suffering and save funding for ACTUAL endangered species. 3 species of animals go extinct A WEEK.
    I am Polska and I approve this message. thumb
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:59 am

Humans > animals.

That said, I'm not one who donates money to Comic Relief or any other of those 'save the children' charities.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:28 am