Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Scouser_Dave
Danny
Jordi
Uncle John from Jamaica
dena
The Zlatan
Zzonked
Ben 10
Muhkoo
Harrold
Cadbury
Mouse
Cameron.
Theo Filippo
Jamie
luke.
BMxJoga
Sean
Marvin
VivaRonaldoLAD
ResurrectionRooney
25 posters

England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign?

Poll

Who would be the best choice for the FA?

[ 7 ]
    England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_left26%England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_right [26%] 
    [ 4 ]
    England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_left15%England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_right [15%] 
    [ 1 ]
    England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_left4%England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 2 ]
    England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_left7%England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 3 ]
    England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_left11%England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 2 ]
    England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_left7%England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    [ 2 ]
    [ 3 ]
    England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_left11%England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 1 ]
    England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_left4%England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 0 ]
    England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_left0%England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_left0%England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 27
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Empty England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign?

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:01 am

Presuming England qualify, it'll be next summer when the manager for 2014 campaign is decided, so who should the Football Association appoint?

I haven't included myself in the poll because then it would be a bit boring. Included nearly everyone from the bookies list of favourites, apart from some ridiculous options, and dropped a couple of names in myself, notably Fabio Capello. Didn't include Fergie, TSO or Guardiola because then the choice would have been too easy, if not realistic.

Leslie Hughes is often known by his middle name, Mark, by the way.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Empty Re: England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign?

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:02 am

Redknapp imo, has always said he wants too, and it sounds like the FA want an Englishman this time.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Empty Re: England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign?

Post by Marvin Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:03 am

Allardyce. not worthy
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:03 am

All either terrible choices or wont happen..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:04 am

All the British options are shit.
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga

Post by BMxJoga Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:04 am

Bob Bradley Neutral
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:05 am

Hiddink wouldn't be a bad choice...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:05 am

Roy Hodgson hopefully.

“Unbelievable. What do you mean by that? In 35 years, how many clubs have I had? What do you mean do my methods translate? They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting. To suggest that because I have moved from one club to another, that the methods which have stood me in good stead for 35 years and made me one of the most respected coaches in Europe don’t suddenly work is very hard to believe.” not worthy
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:06 am

Aaron wrote:Roy Hodgson hopefully.

“Unbelievable. What do you mean by that? In 35 years, how many clubs have I had? What do you mean do my methods translate? They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting. To suggest that because I have moved from one club to another, that the methods which have stood me in good stead for 35 years and made me one of the most respected coaches in Europe don’t suddenly work is very hard to believe.” not worthy

Laughing

Hodgson for England not worthy
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:06 am

I hope Beckham gets it shifty
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:06 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Presuming England qualify, it'll be next summer when the manager for 2014 campaign is decided, so who should the Football Association appoint?

I haven't included myself in the poll because then it would be a bit boring. Included nearly everyone from the bookies list of favourites, apart from some ridiculous options, and dropped a couple of names in myself, notably Fabio Capello. Didn't include Fergie, TSO or Guardiola because then the choice would have been too easy, if not realistic.

Leslie Hughes is often known by his middle name, Mark, by the way.
    Laughing

Best choice primarily based on football would be Guus Hiddink he has a track record of doing well at international level, can speak perfect English, likeable guy.

However if the choice is made because of external influences such as these tribal England fans with their 'The England manager should be English and we must play hoofball (Liverpool fashion)' then some jumped up little cunt like Stuart Pearce would fit the bill perfectly
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:06 am

not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:07 am

Jamie wrote:

Laughing

Hodgson for England not worthy

I agree. not worthy

We need an English manager. He can steady the sinking ship.
    Cameron.

Supports : Manchester United.

Post by Cameron. Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:10 am

England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? IanHollowayBig

Him.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 am

Roy Hodgson would be a terrible choice, although he didn't deserve the treatment he got from Liverpool fans, he is an arrogant dick head with a pretty poor record, all things considered.

The best choices who would realistically take the job are as follows: myself, Fabio Capello, Guus Hiddink, Giovanni Trapattoni, Carlo Ancelotti and Marcelo Lippi, in that order. Redknapp can go swivel.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 am

You can't have Gary Speed tut tut
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 am

Cameron. wrote:England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? IanHollowayBig

Him.

Complete prick. I remember reading an article a few weeks ago where this guy tries to teach Mourinho how to be a successful manager.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:12 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Roy Hodgson would be a terrible choice, although he didn't deserve the treatment he got from Liverpool fans, he is an arrogant dick head with a pretty poor record, all things considered.

The best choices who would realistically take the job are as follows: myself, Fabio Capello, Guus Hiddink, Giovanni Trapattoni, Carlo Ancelotti and Marcelo Lippi, in that order. Redknapp can go swivel.
    I agree with those choices.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:12 am

Shameless Smith.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:12 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Roy Hodgson would be a terrible choice, although he didn't deserve the treatment he got from Liverpool fans, he is an arrogant dick head with a pretty poor record, all things considered.

Hope not Sad
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:14 am

England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? Jamie-Pitman-Hereford_2626965
    He would know what he was doing.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:17 am

David Beckhams first manager gig.

You can have Morten Olsen, he promised to quit Denmark after euro 2012, he lasted for 12 years Smile Unless we somehow win or do very good, in which case he will be a god and signed on for another 12 years or so.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:18 am

Phil Brown.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:18 am

Sean wrote:

Hope not Sad

I'd be very surprised if it did happen, I've never heard his name mentioned in connection with the England job. Reckon he'd do a good job though, he nearly had Ireland in South Africa.
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Post by Ben 10 Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:24 am

kyro7 wrote:Phil Brown.

England Manager following conclusion of Euro 2012 campaign? 914411
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:24 am

I'd say Guus Hiddink is the best out of the aforementioned candidates due to his experience in international football.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:55 am

It'll probably be Redknapp.

An unrealistic choice I wouldn't mind would be Kenneth Dalglish.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:11 am

Zzonked wrote:It'll probably be Redknapp.

An unrealistic choice I wouldn't mind would be Kenneth Dalglish.

Why?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:36 am

Anyone but an Englishman.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:35 am

It'll be Wenger, his contract will run out, and the FA will be over him like a rash, he'll have the options of England, PSG, Japan, Bayern Munich and he will pick England. Mark my words.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:31 am