Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Mal
Kris
Bushido
Barton
SBSP
9 posters

Bad tackles & Diving!!!

Poll

whats worst? diving or poorly timed (not malicious) tackles?

[ 18 ]
    Bad tackles & Diving!!! - Page 2 Bar_left86%Bad tackles & Diving!!! - Page 2 Bar_right [86%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Bad tackles & Diving!!! - Page 2 Bar_left14%Bad tackles & Diving!!! - Page 2 Bar_right [14%] 

Total Votes: 21
    Poll closed
    Mal
    Mal

Bad tackles & Diving!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad tackles & Diving!!!

Post by Mal Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:13 am

There's one now filmed from a TV Rolling Eyes Awful.

That should of been four leg breaks in four years for us, Diaby was extremely lucky. Neutral

Last edited by Bergkamp on Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:15 am

it is awful. but the only way to stop it is to ban tackling and make football a non contact sport!

imagine being subjected to 9 months of pre season standard football!

so the tackle on diaby can be found on the net. where is eboue's horror show? i sure as fuck cant find it! and i compile stats and do research for a living!

Last edited by 'orrible bastard on Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:17 am

Football is actually defined as a non-contact sport, it was in the rules when football was first created to defer it from Rugby Neutral

Fact.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:21 am

Bergkamp wrote:Football is actually defined as a non-contact sport, it was in the rules when football was first created to defer it from Rugby Neutral

Fact.

bullshit.

find me evidence of this and then i'll believe it!

Association Football is classed a limited CONTACT sport.

FUCKING FACT.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:26 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    Bergkamp wrote:Football is actually defined as a non-contact sport, it was in the rules when football was first created to defer it from Rugby Neutral

Fact.

bullshit.

FUCKING FACT.

Well it's a limited contact sport, I actually meant when the football league was first created football was a non-contact sport doh

You FUCKING CUNT.

You swear for no reason so do I. Coffee
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:34 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    i know it was a horrific tackle, we all know!

what the majority of football fans wont know is how bad eboue's tackle was on ridgewell.

you are missing my point. yeah the big clubs get protected by the ref's and the media.

seven fucking paragraphs and you comment on the first sentence which was clearly tongue in cheek! i will not be forced to use smiley's as a way of expressing sarcasm/irony!
    Bad tackles & Diving!!! - Page 2 512670 I couldn't give two fucks about how many paragraphs you want to write. I don't care about the other rubbish you were talking about, hence the reason why it got ignored. Stop abusing people, you're acting very ignorant just because people aren't agreeing with you. If you can't take constructive feedback then you clearly need to grow up or just leave it as it is. Bad tackles & Diving!!! - Page 2 258846
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:45 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    Jay.Davies11 wrote:Diving.
    I didn't really want to bring it up but Wolves quite clearly went out against Newcastle to get Joey Barton wound up and in hope that he would do something stupid eg: lash out or deliver a worse tackle himself.

thats exactly what we did. i cant defend Wolves on that front, but only 3 of the 7 hard tackles on barton were blown up as fouls. baiting an opposition player is not as bad as diving or mistimed tackles! so what the fuck is your point?

Calm down mate, I didn't really make myself clear, I totally missed out the bit that I was going to say about Murphy's comments and stuff Laughing
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:59 am

Sorry to be pedantic, but the tibia is the shin bone.

The femur is the largest bone in the body and is located in the thigh.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:15 am

'orrible bastard wrote:

Fact.

bullshit.

FUCKING FACT.

He is actually right. I've read somewhere that football is defined as a non-contact sport. Shocked me tbh.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Fact
    forestfcfan wrote:He is actually right. I've read somewhere that football is defined as a non-contact sport. Shocked me tbh.

This Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:58 am

Danny B wrote:

Fact
    forestfcfan wrote:He is actually right. I've read somewhere that football is defined as a non-contact sport. Shocked me tbh.

This Neutral

i'd be happy to believe this if anyone can show me proof. until then...............

i guess none of you have actually played the game, even at school or sunday league level. i make this assumption because surely you would be aware of the very legal shoulder charge! where you position your shoulder on your opponents (contact) and attempt to out muscle them.

non-contact sports are sports where participants compete alternately, in lanes, or are physically separated.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:03 am

Ryan wrote:Sorry to be pedantic, but the tibia is the shin bone.

The femur is the largest bone in the body and is located in the thigh.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

i stand corrected. im not a doctor! dunno why i thought that. silly me.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:05 am

I was thinking, if it was his thigh bone that was broken I doubt he could play again. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:06 am

Bergkamp wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:

Fact.

bullshit.

FUCKING FACT.

Well it's a limited contact sport, I actually meant when the football league was first created football was a non-contact sport Bad tackles & Diving!!! - Page 2 499859

You FUCKING CUNT.

You swear for no reason so do I. Bad tackles & Diving!!! - Page 2 28973

football has never ever been a non contact sport. ever. show me some proof, and i'll believe your non-substantial claims. prick.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:08 am

Two other people have agreed with me because they know the facts. Keep thinking you're right you ignorant fuck.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:08 am

Technically, football is a limited contact sport, as there is only a limited use of force/contact used to win the ball. It's not non-contact, but it isn't contact either.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:09 am

Dan wrote:Technically, football is a limited contact sport, as there is only a limited use of force/contact used to win the ball. It's not non-contact, but it isn't contact either.
    That's now. They're talking about the original rules.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:18 am

SBSP_FIFA wrote:I was thinking, if it was his thigh bone that was broken I doubt he could play again. Laughing

just sat through 10 mins of highlights to show you why i thought it was his thigh bone. BBC dont consider a season ending tackle to be a highlight! anyway the brunt of the tackle was to his thigh and sidwell got nowhere near the ball.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:29 am

Bergkamp wrote:Two other people have agreed with me because they know the facts. Keep thinking you're right you ignorant fuck.

typical fucking arsenal fan. brave with yer insults behind yer keyboard. two other people are fucking wrong. why dont you look up the definition of a contact sport and prove to me that football is not a contact sport!

heres a few peoples opinions who agree with me;

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&biw=1020&bih=544&q=association+football+is+a+contact+sport&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=2fd2e4dd0a40c621
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:34 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    typical fucking arsenal fan. brave with yer insults behind yer keyboard. two other people are fucking wrong. why dont you look up the definition of a contact sport and prove to me that football is not a contact sport!

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&biw=1020&bih=544&q=association+football+is+a+contact+sport&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=2fd2e4dd0a40c621

Brave with my insults behind my keyboard Laughing Who's the one chatting a load of shit? Are you not loved? I'm so sorry to hurt your feelings you woman, can't even take a bit of banter.

Plus you fucking stupid cunt, I said when football rules were first created football was defined as a non contact sport you stupid ignorant fool.

Last edited by Bergkamp on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:35 am

I don't know if it's such a good idea to tick off the Admin. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:38 am

Bergkamp wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:

Brave with my insults behind my keyboard Laughing Who's the one chatting a load of shit? Are you not loved? I'm so sorry to hurt your feelings you woman, can't even take a bit of banter.

Plus you fucking stupid cunt, I said when football rules were first created football was defined as a non contact sport you stupid ignorant fool.

but it wasnt. show me some proof.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:41 am

SBSP_FIFA wrote:I don't know if it's such a good idea to tick off the Admin. Neutral

well judging from his retorts it would be hypocritical of him to ban me. the whole reason we came here from EA was for freedom of speech. anyway us English like insults and fuck him anyway. we dont have to like one another to share the same forum!
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:42 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    Bergkamp wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:

but it wasnt. show me some proof.

I've read it somewhere and if I find it by November 10th I'm gonna bring it to Wolverhampton for the game and meet you in person to show it to you face to face so I can back hand you like the woman you are. bounce

Last edited by Bergkamp on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:43 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:I don't know if it's such a good idea to tick off the Admin. Neutral

well judging from his retorts it would be hypocritical of him to ban me. the whole reason we came here from EA was for freedom of speech. anyway us English like insults and fuck him anyway. we dont have to like one another to share the same forum!

You don't have to worry about me banning you, I love banter, only women can't take a bit of banter shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:59 am

http://www.audioenglish.net/dictionary/contact_sport.htm

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_English_football_considered_a_contact_sport

just a couple to be getting on with. i probably wont be at our home game with arsenal! midweek games are not good for me what with a 250 mile round trip and work commitments!
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:02 am

Because someone on Wiki answers says it's a contact sport means it is? You have to realise the rules of football you are nto meant to touch the other player when you tackle, your job is to go for the ball, nothing else, yes you will hit the player with your follow through which is why it's now a limited contact sport.

You are finding all these sites saying that football is a contact sport now. I said when the Football League was formed the sport was defined as a non contact sport. Rolling Eyes
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:04 am

That does make sense. When you tackle, you're only supposed to touch the ball. If you touch it first, then fine. It's different from American football where everyone grabs each other and jumps on top of them (Neutral)
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:06 am

SBSP_FIFA wrote:That does make sense. When you tackle, you're only supposed to touch the ball. If you touch it first, then fine. It's different from American football where everyone grabs each other and jumps on top of them (Neutral)

That is my point, Rugby and American Football are defined as 'contact' sports because no matter what the opposition is going to grab any part of your body to bring you down, in football you have to touch the ball first, you're not allowed to just wrestle someone on to the floor to get the ball.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:07 am

Bergkamp wrote:Because someone on Wiki answers says it's a contact sport means it is? You have to realise the rules of football you are nto meant to touch the other player when you tackle, your job is to go for the ball, nothing else, yes you will hit the player with your follow through which is why it's now a limited contact sport.

You are finding all these sites saying that football is a contact sport now. I said when the Football League was formed the sport was defined as a non contact sport. Rolling Eyes

limited contact sport - said that all along - its still a contact sport though what with shoulder charges and like you said, incidental contact during a tackle.

football was never a non-contact sport. proof please.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:25 am