Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Mal
Kris
Bushido
Barton
SBSP
9 posters

Bad tackles & Diving!!!

Poll

whats worst? diving or poorly timed (not malicious) tackles?

[ 18 ]
    Bad tackles & Diving!!! Bar_left86%Bad tackles & Diving!!! Bar_right [86%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Bad tackles & Diving!!! Bar_left14%Bad tackles & Diving!!! Bar_right [14%] 

Total Votes: 21
    Poll closed
    Anonymous

Bad tackles & Diving!!! Empty Bad tackles & Diving!!!

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:28 am

so how much media hysteria will surround Jack Wilshere and his potential ankle breaking, season ending tackle?

none! i hear some of you shout because he dosn't play for dirty Wolves!

about as much (which was none!) controversy will surround Jack Wilshere as what surrounded Steve Sidwell after he ended Adlene Guedioura's season by breaking his tibia! the tibia is the bodys largest bone located in the thigh by the way. just imagine how hard you would have to kick someones thigh to break their tibia! and now try to think of an instance when it would be necassary to be kicking someones thigh during a football match! whats that? you cant think of any! neither can i.

for the record i dont think sidwell is a dirty player! it was a rash tackle much like henry's and wilshere's. i thought de jong's was bad but was not malicious! Ben Arfa got very unlucky to break his leg that way!

dirty Wolves played 90 minutes without recieving one yellow card on saturday as did west ham our opposition. i couldn't and wouldn't defend Karl Henrys tackle on Jordi Gomez - it was ridiculous! but i have no doubt it was anything but mistimed and stupid. against Newcastle & Joey Barton we only gave as good as we got - newcastle are a very big physical side. Wolves have been labelled as dirty by the majority of the countrys press who will not pay any such attention on Jack Wilshere because he plays for a media friendly club, just as they 'won't be saying much about chamakh's dive v brum. or Youngs dive for England in midweek!

what do you think is worst?

honest but mistimed tackles which unfortunately result in injury!

or

diving (purposely cheating) in order to illegitimately win a football match?

cue fans of the "big" clubs defending their cunty diving players. why if they are so good, do they need to cheat?
    Anonymous

Bad tackles & Diving!!! Empty Re: Bad tackles & Diving!!!

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:37 am

Diving is far worse.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:40 am

Diving.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:40 am

Diiiiiviiiiinggggg. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:40 am

Diving.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:55 am

It depends really, if somebody was trying to intentionally break someones leg then thats far worse then diving. Neutral
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:56 am

JMB_94 wrote:It depends really, i think intentionally trying to break somes leg is far worse then diving. Neutral
    That's not the question. The question is an ACCIDENTAL tackle that breaks someone's leg or INTENTIONALLY diving. Neutral
    Barton

Post by Barton Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:00 am

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:It depends really, i think intentionally trying to break somes leg is far worse then diving. Neutral
    That's not the question. The question is an ACCIDENTAL tackle that breaks someone's leg or INTENTIONALLY diving. Neutral

Well in that case i would say diving is worse as football can be very fast and physical at times it's easy for people to hurt themselves. Neutral

Last edited by JMB_94 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:01 am

I'd rather lose a match by the opposition intentionally diving to win a penalty which decided the game, than lose one of our players due to a leg break from a mis-timed tackle.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:11 am

Where is the both option?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:08 am

Bad Tackling, regardless if it was intentional or not, I hate seeing them much more than I hate seeing diving.

Plus refs can penalize both diving and bad tackles, but if a bad tackle injures someone, you can't really reverse that.

Plus diving has became part of the sport really, it's nothing unusual anymore, where as bad tackles leading to snapped legs are horrid either way you look at it.
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:41 am

Intentionally trying to hurt someone is worse than diving

An honest, but unlucky and mistimed tackle is a mistake - everyone makes them.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:50 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Bad Tackling, regardless if it was intentional or not, I hate seeing them much more than I hate seeing diving.

Plus refs can penalize both diving and bad tackles, but if a bad tackle injures someone, you can't really reverse that.

Plus diving has became part of the sport really, it's nothing unusual anymore, where as bad tackles leading to snapped legs are horrid either way you look at it.

This.

You're moaning about Guedioura but a lot of people tried saying Eduardo's leg break was just a mis-timed tackle, look where Taylor's foot is on Eduardo. The media just seem to stick up for English players no matter what. Neutral

Bad tackles & Diving!!! TackleMOS_468x278
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:53 am

Diving.
    I didn't really want to bring it up but Wolves quite clearly went out against Newcastle to get Joey Barton wound up and in hope that he would do something stupid eg: lash out or deliver a worse tackle himself.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:53 am

To be honest, that is higher than I thought it was.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:59 am

kyro7 wrote:To be honest, that is higher than I thought it was.

Because a lot of the English media show this picture.

Bad tackles & Diving!!! Eduardo3

Trying to make it look like his foot weren't that far off the ground. Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:04 am

Jay.Davies11 wrote:Diving.
    I didn't really want to bring it up but Wolves quite clearly went out against Newcastle to get Joey Barton wound up and in hope that he would do something stupid eg: lash out or deliver a worse tackle himself.

thats exactly what we did. i cant defend Wolves on that front, but only 3 of the 7 hard tackles on barton were blown up as fouls. baiting an opposition player is not as bad as diving or mistimed tackles! so what the fuck is your point?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:08 am

Bergkamp wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:Bad Tackling, regardless if it was intentional or not, I hate seeing them much more than I hate seeing diving.

This.

You're moaning about Guedioura but a lot of people tried saying Eduardo's leg break was just a mis-timed tackle, look where Taylor's foot is on Eduardo. The media just seem to stick up for English players no matter what. Neutral

Get over it. Taylor isn't a dirty player and he mis-timed his tackle. We lost two players in one game to broken legs because of mis-timed tackles. Do we moan about it still? No, because unfortunately it happens in football.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:18 am

I find it ironic that a Wolves fan made a thread about bad tackling
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:21 am

Dan wrote:
    Bergkamp wrote:

This.

Get over it. Taylor isn't a dirty player and he mis-timed his tackle. We lost two players in one game to broken legs because of mis-timed tackles. Do we moan about it still? No, because unfortunately it happens in football.

Yep, you put your foot about a foot in the air to get the ball Rolling Eyes

We've lost three players in three years to bad tackles. Neutral

An Arsenal player is gonna be beheaded from a high foot and all you other fans will just say "get over it, it happens"
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:30 am

JMB_94 wrote:It depends really, if somebody was trying to intentionally break someones leg then thats far worse then diving. Neutral
    Just ask Roy Keane.
    Barton

Post by Barton Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:43 am

coolhead33 wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:It depends really, if somebody was trying to intentionally break someones leg then thats far worse then diving. Neutral
    Just ask Roy Keane.

Indeed. Bad tackles & Diving!!! 28973
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:49 am

Dan wrote:
    Bergkamp wrote:

This.

That tackle pretty much ended our title hopes, our team just wasn't the same anymore and might I say Eduardo the most. The difference between this leg break was that this challenge litterally chopped half his leg down (from knee to feet), he was in great form banging in goals for fun and he was a key player in our team that season.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:54 am

19Jones19v wrote:That tackle pretty much ended our title hopes, our team just wasn't the same anymore and might I say Eduardo the most. The difference between this leg break was that this challenge litterally chopped half his leg down (from knee to feet), he was in great form banging in goals for fun and he was a key player in our team that season.

Plus the fact it basically ended his Arsenal career, he'll get a great reception tomorrow not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:56 am

Bergkamp wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:That tackle pretty much ended our title hopes, our team just wasn't the same anymore and might I say Eduardo the most. The difference between this leg break was that this challenge litterally chopped half his leg down (from knee to feet), he was in great form banging in goals for fun and he was a key player in our team that season.

Plus the fact it basically ended his Arsenal career, he'll get a great reception tomorrow not worthy
    Definitely ended his career in England. Hope he plays a part as he'll certainly get a wonderful reception Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:56 am

Bergkamp wrote:

Trying to make it look like his foot weren't that far off the ground. Rolling Eyes

his foot isnt that far off the ground! not when his legs been snapped in two!

im not moaning at the tackle on Gued! im aware these things happen in football. sidwell made a poorly timed tackle which unfortunately resulted in our player breaking his leg! should sidwell have been sent off? probably. should he be demonized in the press for one misjudged tackle where perhaps he had lost his head? no. and neither should Henry!

what im moaning at is the vilification of the whole Wolves team after a physical battle with Newcastle in which it was clear to see we were winding barton up, but only giving as good as what we got! what the press failed to mention is that nolan should have recieved a red for a foul on doyle, alan smith was no angel and Andy Carroll got away with elbowing craddock and splitting his head open! the following week we had berra sent off (rightly) for two fouls and henry cleanly won the ball in a tackle that unfortunately broke zamora's leg. what the press fail to tell you is that the worst challenge of the day was hangelands lunge on van damme. roll on two weeks and henry made i stupid attempt at winning the ball when he was never gonna do anything but take the player (gomez) and he was shown a red card (and rightly so!)

what im moaning about is the media bias in favour of their favourite clubs! Wolves, Stoke & Blackburn are fair game to be slaughtered in the press while most bad behaviour from the london clubs, northwest clubs & newcastle are completely overlooked unless they HAVE to report an incident because it lead to a goal, sending off or an injury!

a good example of this would be Arsenal's game v Birmingham! Wilshere rightly sent off (shown on TV), Eboue's disgusting challenge on Ridgewell going unpunished (not on MOTD, cant find any clips on the net, is there any damnation in the press?), and Chamakh's dive that won the game!

NO real reaction to any of these incidents! arsenal remain a good footballing side who play in the right spirit and Wenger can remain holier than thou. yet Eboue's tackle was just as bad as Henry's v wigan, Wilshere could have broken Zigic's ankle or leg and Chamakh won Arsenal the match with his dastardly deception!

hardly covering themselves in glory are they? but it dosn't matter as 95% of football fans will never know due to our lopsided and embarrasingly biased media?

what im moaning about is the madia's completely inconsistent coverage of our national game! it should be the press' duty to report on factual events, and not to work as a propaganda tool for the fat cats of English football!

thats what im fucking moaning about.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:02 am

The media will always print what will sell more, where you get bad coverage with tackles Arsenal get bad coverage for other things.

I remember at a press conference in August, I was watching it live. One person from Football Focus said "Arsene could you plese give us some of your opinions on Paul Scholes, we're doing a special programme on him and we want some managers views on him"

Arsene replied "Scholes is a fantastic player, one of the best ever to grace this league but he does have a bit of a dark side to his game"

Next day, Sun headline: 'Wenger launches astonishing attack on Paul Scholes' Neutral

The media are cunts and us fans just have to deal with it. temper
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:03 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    Bergkamp wrote:

his foot isnt that far off the ground! not when his legs been snapped in two!
    im not moaning at the tackle on Gued! im aware these things happen in football. sidwell made a poorly timed tackle which unfortunately resulted in our player breaking his leg! should sidwell have been sent off? probably. should he be demonized in the press for one misjudged tackle where perhaps he had lost his head? no. and neither should Henry!

what im moaning at is the vilification of the whole Wolves team after a physical battle with Newcastle in which it was clear to see we were winding barton up, but only giving as good as what we got! what the press failed to mention is that nolan should have recieved a red for a foul on doyle, alan smith was no angel and Andy Carroll got away with elbowing craddock and splitting his head open! the following week we had berra sent off (rightly) for two fouls and henry cleanly won the ball in a tackle that unfortunately broke zamora's leg. what the press fail to tell you is that the worst challenge of the day was hangelands lunge on van damme. roll on two weeks and henry made i stupid attempt at winning the ball when he was never gonna do anything but take the player (gomez) and he was shown a red card (and rightly so!)

what im moaning about is the media bias in favour of their favourite clubs! Wolves, Stoke & Blackburn are fair game to be slaughtered in the press while most bad behaviour from the london clubs, northwest clubs & newcastle are completely overlooked unless they HAVE to report an incident because it lead to a goal, sending off or an injury!

a good example of this would be Arsenal's game v Birmingham! Wilshere rightly sent off (shown on TV), Eboue's disgusting challenge on Ridgewell going unpunished (not on MOTD, cant find any clips on the net, is there any damnation in the press?), and Chamakh's dive that won the game!

NO real reaction to any of these incidents! arsenal remain a good footballing side who play in the right spirit and Wenger can remain holier than thou. yet Eboue's tackle was just as bad as Henry's v wigan, Wilshere could have broken Zigic's ankle or leg and Chamakh won Arsenal the match with his dastardly deception!

hardly covering themselves in glory are they? but it dosn't matter as 95% of football fans will never know due to our lopsided and embarrasingly biased media?

what im moaning about is the madia's completely inconsistent coverage of our national game! it should be the press' duty to report on factual events, and not to work as a propaganda tool for the fat cats of English football!

thats what im fucking moaning about.
    It's not about when he broke his leg or not, it's the fact that the tackle came in half way between his knee and feet. Look where the ball was in the first image, it was on the floor and even before the tackle came in the ball was on the floor not in the air. Although I do agree on the bigger clubs getting protected more than the inferiors, you think that's bad? Check out the Barcelona vs Real Madrid matches, the biasness is unbelievable in Barcelona's favour.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:09 am

[/quote]
    It's not about when he broke his leg or not, it's the fact that the tackle came in half way between his knee and feet. Look where the ball was in the first image, it was on the floor and even before the tackle came in the ball was on the floor not in the air. Although I do agree on the bigger clubs getting protected more than the inferiors, you think that's bad? Check out the Barcelona vs Real Madrid matches, the biasness is unbelievable in Barcelona's favour. [/quote]

i know it was a horrific tackle, we all know!

what the majority of football fans wont know is how bad eboue's tackle was on ridgewell.

you are missing my point. yeah the big clubs get protected by the ref's and the media.

seven fucking paragraphs and you comment on the first sentence which was clearly tongue in cheek! i will not be forced to use smiley's as a way of expressing sarcasm/irony!

Last edited by 'orrible bastard on Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:11 am

'orrible bastard wrote:i know it was a horrific tackle, we all know!

what the majority of football fans wont know is how bad eboue's tackle was on ridgewell.

you are missing my point. yeah the big clubs get protected by the ref's and the media.

Did you see Paul Robinsons tackle on Diaby? All the goals were on youtube but every video of the tackle the Premier League had it took off. Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 2:29 am