Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Steadman
bcfcben
ResurrectionRooney
The Zlatan
Grenade
Mal
RafaVDV
Demba Ba
haydos
Harrold
Wise Old Red
Drake
Lux
Scouser_Dave
Jord
Cadbury
Ben 10
El Jefe
Zzonked
23 posters

BREAKING NEWS: Fenerbahce Removed From UEFA Champions League

Anonymous

BREAKING NEWS: Fenerbahce Removed From UEFA Champions League - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Fenerbahce Removed From UEFA Champions League

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:00 am

Mutant123 wrote:
    James wrote:
    Mutant123 wrote:
    James wrote:
    Mutant123 wrote:

Trabzonspor finished runners up but have already been knocked out. Hardly fair to stick them back in.

But if Fenerbache do end up getting last season results removed, Trabzonspor would be champions.

I know. I said it would be unfair to put them back in after getting eliminated, it could still happen.

Why would it be unfair? Don't Turkish champions qualify automatically so if Trabzonspor are awarded the championship they should have their place.

They do automaically qualify but they have been knocked out. It's unfair on the teams who Trabzonspor knocked out in the qualifiers (if they did).

It isn't unfair because whoever qualified from that part of qualifying will still have their Champions League place. It isn't Trabzonspors fault they where cheated out of a title and a group stage place, i'm sure they didn't want to play the qualifiers.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

BREAKING NEWS: Fenerbahce Removed From UEFA Champions League - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Fenerbahce Removed From UEFA Champions League

Post by Demba Ba Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:02 am

I heard that Liverpool could possibly benefit from this and gain a Champions League spot instead. This has suddenly become a lot more interesting.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:02 am

cheesy wrote:I heard that Liverpool could possibly benefit from this and gain a Champions League spot instead. This has suddenly become a lot more interesting.

Why would that happen? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:04 am

I just said why as they are the highest ranked team in the coefficient not in the CL.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:05 am

James wrote:
    Mutant123 wrote:
    James wrote:
    Mutant123 wrote:
    James wrote:

But if Fenerbache do end up getting last season results removed, Trabzonspor would be champions.

I know. I said it would be unfair to put them back in after getting eliminated, it could still happen.

Why would it be unfair? Don't Turkish champions qualify automatically so if Trabzonspor are awarded the championship they should have their place.

They do automaically qualify but they have been knocked out. It's unfair on the teams who Trabzonspor knocked out in the qualifiers (if they did).

It isn't unfair because whoever qualified from that part of qualifying will still have their Champions League place. It isn't Trabzonspors fault they where cheated out of a title and a group stage place, i'm sure they didn't want to play the qualifiers.

Trabzonspor may or may not have knocked other teams out prior to themselves getting knocked out. Those teams who got knocked out were knocked out by a team who shouldn't have been there. They may well have got an easier team if UEFA pulled their fingers out and sorted all out pre-qualifying.

This conversation is pointless it's all hypothetical at the moment. UEFA will give it to someone undeserving rather than Trabzonspor.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:06 am

Cam wrote:
    cheesy wrote:I heard that Liverpool could possibly benefit from this and gain a Champions League spot instead. This has suddenly become a lot more interesting.

Because the team with the highest co-efficient that are not in the Champions League would gain entry... apparently. I'm not 100% if that is correct though. A team from Turkey may end up getting it.
    RafaVDV
    RafaVDV

Supports : Tottenham

Post by RafaVDV Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:06 am

I don't see how they could possibly be allowed to get a CL place without qualifying. Give it to Trabz or Bursaspor.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:07 am

I really doubt a team in Turkey are going to get it as more Turkish teams are being investigated.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:08 am

Surely Spurs should get it over Liverpool? If Spurs throw the game and lose 6-0 to Hearts, wouldn't they get the spot?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:09 am

cheesy wrote:
    Cam wrote:

Because the team with the highest co-efficient that are not in the Champions League would gain entry... apparently. I'm not 100% if that is correct though. A team from Turkey may end up getting it.
    I'm not buying it. Wishful Twitter thinking, methinks. think
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:09 am

xPeterLFC95 wrote:Surely Spurs should get it over Liverpool? If Spurs throw the game and lose 6-0 to Hearts, wouldn't they get the spot?

The co-efficient seems to be valued over the finishing places, which I disagree with.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:10 am

cheesy wrote:
    xPeterLFC95 wrote:Surely Spurs should get it over Liverpool? If Spurs throw the game and lose 6-0 to Hearts, wouldn't they get the spot?

The co-efficient seems to be valued over the finishing places, which I disagree with.
    Coefficient? Explain... Wink
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:11 am

Uefa indicating statement at 7.30pm to clarify the Fenerbahce situation
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:12 am

alexhamid wrote:Uefa indicating statement at 7.30pm to clarify the Fenerbahce situation
    "Liverpool will not be in the Champions League." I broke it to you early. Basketball
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:14 am

The highest ranked team in qualifying is rumoured to take their place.

Statement at half 7. UEFA haven't decided on it yet.

P.S: Why do you put capitals on every word in the title? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:15 am

Lux wrote:
    mauro=beast wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:
    mauro=beast wrote:good

Scouser_Dave wrote:Yet Ac Milan get away with it and win the tournament BREAKING NEWS: Fenerbahce Removed From UEFA Champions League - Page 2 58503

when did milan match fix? un-toward relationship with referee is not evidence match fix

So why were they docked points then?

for having unprofessional relationship with referee adminstrators and trying to influence the choice of certain referees to take their matches

no evidence was ever found of legitimate match fixing, in internet, database, police and phone records

your media enjoys overlooking this fact

legit match fixing only happens in serie b Smile

Neutral

the screeching sound of facts disappoints you my friend?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:18 am

Are Juventus ranked higher than Liverpool ? I read that they may put the highest ranked Europa league team in the CL spot and the highest non EU qualifying team in the Europa place BREAKING NEWS: Fenerbahce Removed From UEFA Champions League - Page 2 214775
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:20 am

grenade187 wrote:Are Juventus ranked higher than Liverpool ? I read that they may put the highest ranked Europa league team in the CL spot and the highest non EU qualifying team in the Europa place BREAKING NEWS: Fenerbahce Removed From UEFA Champions League - Page 2 214775
    I fail to see how we could be the highest ranked team when we came sixth.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:20 am

Juventus aren't even in the top 25
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:21 am

Mal wrote:The highest ranked team in qualifying is rumoured to take their place.

Statement at half 7. UEFA haven't decided on it yet.

P.S: Why do you put capitals on every word in the title? Neutral

I didn't, Copied it from an article.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:22 am

xPeterLFC95 wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:Are Juventus ranked higher than Liverpool ? I read that they may put the highest ranked Europa league team in the CL spot and the highest non EU qualifying team in the Europa place BREAKING NEWS: Fenerbahce Removed From UEFA Champions League - Page 2 214775

We're 9th in the rankings

Manchester United
    Barcelona
    Chelsea
    Bayern Munich
    Arsenal
    Real Madrid
    Porto
    Internazionale
    Liverpool
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:24 am

xPeterLFC95 wrote:

The ratings are fucked up like that. Holland are ranked #1 national team in the world at the moment Laughing
    I think its because of your results and stuff against big teams and past european success. Its based on highest ranked non champions league qualifying team. Well that's the theory.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:24 am

They're saying now that the highest rated eliminated team will take Fener's place.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:25 am

That's annoying, fucking Arsenal will get it whatever happens then.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:26 am

Rei Andros wrote:They're saying now that the highest rated eliminated team will take Fener's place.
    That seems much more logical.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:26 am

That seems like a fair and logical conclusion.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:28 am

xPeterLFC95 wrote:

It is based on European Results over the last 5 years, both Liverpool's and the results of clubs from the Premier League. You have been feeding off of our success for years.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:28 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    xPeterLFC95 wrote:

It is based on European Results over the last 5 years, both Liverpool's and the results of clubs from the Premier League. You have been feeding off of our success for years.
    Yes, we get the point, you hate Liverpool.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:31 am

I don't hate any Football Club.
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Post by bcfcben Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:31 am

It's obvious Birmingham are going to take their place in the Champions League Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:28 pm