Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
ResurrectionRooney
YukiAbe1996
easley91
Barton
Carlos Jenkinson
Lux
10 posters

I have the solution to Arsenals problems (serious)

Anonymous

I have the solution to Arsenals problems (serious) - Page 2 Empty Re: I have the solution to Arsenals problems (serious)

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:02 am

easley91 wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    easley91 wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    easley91 wrote:

Seriously though...

Do you know what those guys and girls go through on a daily basis just to entertain people like me, James and the others in the WWE chat thread as well as BILLIONS across the globe? They really do sacrifice their bodies just to entertain people, and I respect them more than footballers for that. I found this comment on a youtube video and I think it explains it really well:

"Wrestling is a Performance. The Story is Made up. the moves are
    preplanned. and the winner is chosen ahead of time. Wrestling is Drama.
    Like movies and TV shows. However, The sacrifices that go along with
    Wrestling are not. The Pain, The broken bones, broken homes, Deaths, etc
    happen. They are real people with real lives and no one but the
    wrestling fan and the fellow workers seem to get that."

I've always loved this video because what Triple H says at the end is so fucking true and explains it:

That Youtube comment is shit.

"The Pain, The broken bones, broken homes, Deaths, etc

That could all relate to footballers.

But how many footballers have died at a young age in recent years due to drugs they were forced to take just because they wanted to play football for a living because they loved it so much? I know injuries happen in football and other sports. These wrestlers miss their children growing up, birthdays, Christmases, you name it, just to wrestle. They are on the road 300+ days a year, with no summer break, no winter break no break at all. They push their bodies to the limit year in and year out.

And footballers don't? Playing at the top level is hardly easy? They've got to make a hell of a lot of sacrifices themselves. Sure, they're paid loads, but they've got to deal with the disgusting and obsessive media in this country every single day. People that would willingly make up shit to earn a quick bit of money. There's been players that have killed themselves in recent years. It's not easy either.

And anyone that dies from drug use has no respect from me. I don't care if it was there dream to be a wrestler or not. Nobody forced them to take anything, if they died from it, that's their fault.

Okay I see we're not going to agree on the wrestlers themselves, but I'll tell it from a my point of view and why I love it and will continue to watch it, even when it's shit. I grew up watching it, and it captured me at a young age, then the attitude era came around when I was roughly 7 or 8. While in middle school everyone of my mates watched it and loved it, it was all we spoke about (that and football). As we all grew older, they stopped watching it, and I didn't for the simple fact it was one thing that was a apart of me, and the first time I went to watch wrestling live (2002 I remember as it was Arsenal vs Chelsea FA Cup final with Lovejoy commentating that year I believe if I remember correctly?) I felt like I belonged there. Now throughout the next school I went to (Hazelwick for GCSEs) I was ridiculed for watching wrestling and tried to hide the fact I watched it still most of the time. When I left that school and went on to college everyone I knew and was friends with watched wrestling and again I felt like I belonged and it was right. From that point I decided to no longer hide my love for pro wrestling. I know it's not real, and the moves aren't done properly (well most) but it still entertains me and gets me more emotional at times than most other programmes and even football. I cried my eyes out the night I found out Benoit had died (obviously before everything came out) and cried when Randy Savage passed away recently, and others. The emotion I get from some promos at times cannot be explained. Ric Flair's farewell for example when you could see the tears in his eyes as old friends and 'rivals' came to the ring to say thank you and the fans chanting 'thank you ric!' was a moment I will never forget. Hall of Fame ceremonies are usually where the emotional speeches are made and it is something that cannot be explained. Wrestling takes me away from the real world at times and helps forget about the shit that has happened in my life, I can watch old promos and matches and laugh, smile or cry.

I don't know if others who like wrestling on here feel the same as I do and how I described it, but that is basically just my view on it and why I love it.

Nah, I'm not arsed about why you like it. Just comparing them to footballers just seemed tacky tbh.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

I have the solution to Arsenals problems (serious) - Page 2 Empty Re: I have the solution to Arsenals problems (serious)

Post by easley91 Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:05 am

Dan wrote:
    easley91 wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    easley91 wrote:
    Dan wrote:

That Youtube comment is shit.

"The Pain, The broken bones, broken homes, Deaths, etc

That could all relate to footballers.

But how many footballers have died at a young age in recent years due to drugs they were forced to take just because they wanted to play football for a living because they loved it so much? I know injuries happen in football and other sports. These wrestlers miss their children growing up, birthdays, Christmases, you name it, just to wrestle. They are on the road 300+ days a year, with no summer break, no winter break no break at all. They push their bodies to the limit year in and year out.

And footballers don't? Playing at the top level is hardly easy? They've got to make a hell of a lot of sacrifices themselves. Sure, they're paid loads, but they've got to deal with the disgusting and obsessive media in this country every single day. People that would willingly make up shit to earn a quick bit of money. There's been players that have killed themselves in recent years. It's not easy either.

And anyone that dies from drug use has no respect from me. I don't care if it was there dream to be a wrestler or not. Nobody forced them to take anything, if they died from it, that's their fault.

Okay I see we're not going to agree on the wrestlers themselves, but I'll tell it from a my point of view and why I love it and will continue to watch it, even when it's shit. I grew up watching it, and it captured me at a young age, then the attitude era came around when I was roughly 7 or 8. While in middle school everyone of my mates watched it and loved it, it was all we spoke about (that and football). As we all grew older, they stopped watching it, and I didn't for the simple fact it was one thing that was a apart of me, and the first time I went to watch wrestling live (2002 I remember as it was Arsenal vs Chelsea FA Cup final with Lovejoy commentating that year I believe if I remember correctly?) I felt like I belonged there. Now throughout the next school I went to (Hazelwick for GCSEs) I was ridiculed for watching wrestling and tried to hide the fact I watched it still most of the time. When I left that school and went on to college everyone I knew and was friends with watched wrestling and again I felt like I belonged and it was right. From that point I decided to no longer hide my love for pro wrestling. I know it's not real, and the moves aren't done properly (well most) but it still entertains me and gets me more emotional at times than most other programmes and even football. I cried my eyes out the night I found out Benoit had died (obviously before everything came out) and cried when Randy Savage passed away recently, and others. The emotion I get from some promos at times cannot be explained. Ric Flair's farewell for example when you could see the tears in his eyes as old friends and 'rivals' came to the ring to say thank you and the fans chanting 'thank you ric!' was a moment I will never forget. Hall of Fame ceremonies are usually where the emotional speeches are made and it is something that cannot be explained. Wrestling takes me away from the real world at times and helps forget about the shit that has happened in my life, I can watch old promos and matches and laugh, smile or cry.

I don't know if others who like wrestling on here feel the same as I do and how I described it, but that is basically just my view on it and why I love it.

Nah, I'm not arsed about why you like it. Just comparing them to footballers just seemed tacky tbh.

Well I was comparing them because yes footballers do get injured etc. but they get to go home more times than wrestlers. And they have summer breaks and in a lot of countries a winter break whereas wrestlers take bumps pretty much every night whilst traveling, not seeing families and taking more bumps the next night without having a massive break (or any break of note at all).
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:15 am

easley91 wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    easley91 wrote:

You tell these people wrestling is 'gay'. You wouldn't get a reaction like this in MOST football matches or any other sporting event/concert. The passion fans have for this industry is unreal and I have always believed wrestling fans are the most loyal fan base in the world of anything.

Lets do a fair comparison. If Manchester United were playing Liverpool, in the Champions League Final, and Ferguson and Dalglish had been giving each other shit for weeks, and both men were retiring if United won, and the match was being played IN OLD TRAFFORD, I reckon you'd get an atmosphere 10 times as good as that.

I said most, meaning there would be occasions of the same or even better reactions, but most of the time it wouldn't equal that.

Most wrestling matches don't equal that either, they don't even come close.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:17 am

easley91 wrote:
    easley91 wrote:

You tell these people wrestling is 'gay'. You wouldn't get a reaction like this in MOST football matches or any other sporting event/concert. The passion fans have for this industry is unreal and I have always believed wrestling fans are the most loyal fan base in the world of anything.

Lets do a fair comparison. If Manchester United were playing Liverpool, in the Champions League Final, and Ferguson and Dalglish had been giving each other shit for weeks, and both men were retiring if United won, and the match was being played IN OLD TRAFFORD, I reckon you'd get an atmosphere 10 times as good as that.

I said most, meaning there would be occasions of the same or even better reactions, but most of the time it wouldn't equal that.

Most wrestling matches don't equal that either, they don't even come close.

I'll agree currently reactions are shit pretty much every week, well they're slowly getting better thanks to one man. I remember when every night all night the crowd would be insane. It's because of the little kids that it's not quite the same anymore.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:02 am

What a shit thread.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:13 am

Laughing
    Vexxed
    Vexxed

Supports : TFC

Post by Vexxed Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:43 am

Wrestling is real.

It just isn't a real fight.

It is a dangerous, stunt based event that takes a high level of competition, training, co-ordination and athleticism.

I don't watch it but I respect what these guys had to go through to get to the top level and what they have to do to stay there.

fergiesrednose
    fergiesrednose

Post by fergiesrednose Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:58 am

its as GAY as these two loved up fools -

[url=I have the solution to Arsenals problems (serious) - Page 2 GayBatmanSuperman]I have the solution to Arsenals problems (serious) - Page 2 GayBatmanSuperman[/url]
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:03 am

I used to watch Wrestling for John Cena and Randy Orton, then I would watch it for the Diva's like Kelly Kelly, then I discovered RedTube, then I got a Girlfriend. Wrestling's not what it used to be. Just sayin'.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:21 am