Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
YukiAbe1996
Kuled
Pippo
ResurrectionRooney
JonjoShelvey
ShakerMatty
10 posters

Conquer the Continents: Football Manager Challenge

JonjoShelvey
    JonjoShelvey

Formerly known as : Snoopy
    Supports : Liverpool Football Club.

Conquer the Continents: Football Manager Challenge - Page 3 Empty Re: Conquer the Continents: Football Manager Challenge

Post by JonjoShelvey Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:21 am

Going to start this now.
    JonjoShelvey
    JonjoShelvey

Conquer the Continents: Football Manager Challenge - Page 3 Empty Re: Conquer the Continents: Football Manager Challenge

Post by JonjoShelvey Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:46 am

Started as Barca.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:03 am

Snoopy wrote:Started as Barca.
    facepalm

Yah I am not doing this if everyone is starting with good clubs.
    JonjoShelvey
    JonjoShelvey

Post by JonjoShelvey Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:04 am

polska. wrote:
    Snoopy wrote:Started as Barca.
    facepalm

Yah I am not doing this if everyone is starting with good clubs.
    Only because I can sim half the games and win.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:07 am

Forest wrote:Doing well so far Pip Surprised

Do you have a link for the Egyptian League? I wasn't able to start yesterday, my laptop kept freezing.

It is on the SI Forums. I'll have a look.

And Dink, the sad smileys are simply not up to scratch or I would have posted that. Wink
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:08 am

Not the point, I dislike the fact you guys are doing the Pentagon challenge while starting at major clubs. The pentagon should always be started unemployed with minimal reputation, or else it defeats the whole purpose of the challenge as realistically you could win the challenge in 5 seasons if you start off as Barcelona.
    JonjoShelvey
    JonjoShelvey

Post by JonjoShelvey Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:08 am

Ill try again with a shit club.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:11 am

polska. wrote:Not the point, I dislike the fact you guys are doing the Pentagon challenge while starting at major clubs. The pentagon should always be started unemployed with minimal reputation, or else it defeats the whole purpose of the challenge as realistically you could win the challenge in 5 seasons if you start off as Barcelona.

I wouldn't call Al Ahly that major. I could have easily started at Fenerbache or Galatasaray.

But the thing I prefer about this to the Pentagon Challenge is that:

A. You don't start unemployed.

B. I have the patience to do this but not the pentagon.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:14 am

Pip wrote:
    polska. wrote:Not the point, I dislike the fact you guys are doing the Pentagon challenge while starting at major clubs. The pentagon should always be started unemployed with minimal reputation, or else it defeats the whole purpose of the challenge as realistically you could win the challenge in 5 seasons if you start off as Barcelona.

I wouldn't call Al Ahly that major. I could have easily started at Fenerbache or Galatasaray.

Fine, like I said, this competition it is not my cup of tea.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:16 am

polska. wrote:
    Pip wrote:

Fine, like I said, this competition it is not my cup of tea.

Ok.

You do know nothing's stopping you doing it like The Pentagon, or starting at a poor club Laughing
    YukiAbe1996
    YukiAbe1996

Supports : Leicester City

Post by YukiAbe1996 Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:40 am

Think I'll start this later,Pip if you could drop the link for the eygptian league here I'd appreciate it.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:48 am

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/255973-!NEW-RELEASE!-African-Leagues-Megapack.?highlight=african+leagues

I think I used this one.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:56 am

Started as LA Galaxy. The MLS is weird, what the hell is a draft? Laughing

Conquer the Continents: Football Manager Challenge - Page 3 Conque11
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:59 am

All my best players are leaving.

Really need to jump ship after this season. Get the Egyptian League title under my belt first Conquer the Continents: Football Manager Challenge - Page 3 876268
    YukiAbe1996
    YukiAbe1996

Post by YukiAbe1996 Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:06 am

Think I'll start as Santos. Smile
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:24 am

You go and do it then, start with Barca and win the Champions League in 5 continents in 5 seasons, I look forward to you posting the results on here.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:02 am

Set up a friendly tournament to kick start the season Smile

Conquer the Continents: Football Manager Challenge - Page 3 Hogwar10
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:12 am

Conquer the Continents: Football Manager Challenge - Page 3 GQV2T

Another bit of Silverware to add to my collection.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:46 am

Starting this now i will tell you who i have started with Wink.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:53 am

The MLS facepalm

They have a wage cap, so I've had to release some players to be put on the 'waive' list, and now my squad only has 18 in it. Why can't the fat Yanks just play normal soccer?
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:56 am

Forest wrote:The MLS Conquer the Continents: Football Manager Challenge - Page 3 58503

They have a wage cap, so I've had to release some players to be put on the 'waive' list, and now my squad only has 18 in it. Why can't the fat Yanks just play normal soccer?

Because our rules are just not good enough. Americans are awkward. Like the way they pronounce words for example:

A bristish person would say, "I am a vegetarian"

An American would say, "I am a veegan"

The USA is very complicated.
    YukiAbe1996
    YukiAbe1996

Post by YukiAbe1996 Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:20 am

Pip wrote:
    Forest wrote:The MLS Conquer the Continents: Football Manager Challenge - Page 3 58503

Because our rules are just not good enough. Americans are awkward. Like the way they pronounce words for example:

Not a single American is a vegetarian I can assure you.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:22 am

YukiAbe1996 wrote:
    Pip wrote:

Not a single American is a vegetarian I can assure you.

I've been to America and saw around 10 people who I would class as obese Laughing

95% of Nauru's population is obese.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:24 am

I'm in the African Hall Of Fame after just one season Conquer the Continents: Football Manager Challenge - Page 3 601554.

Retained the league.
    YukiAbe1996
    YukiAbe1996

Post by YukiAbe1996 Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:39 am

I'll start mine tomorow,I expect I'll be Santos.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:49 am

And now I have won the Egyptian Cup.

3 cups in one season and the final of another. Conquer the Continents: Football Manager Challenge - Page 3 601554
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:31 am

Oooh, Penarol want me, but the Chairman says he will wait on the future of the current manager.

Gonna big the current manager up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:36 am

I'm running out of players. I only have a squad of 19, and I have 7 players out injured, 4 of them for 2 months or more Neutral
    Pippo
    Pippo

Post by Pippo Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:38 am

Forest wrote:I'm running out of players. I only have a squad of 19, and I have 7 players out injured, 4 of them for 2 months or more Neutral

The States sound fun Laughing.

I have won everything there is to win at Al-Ahly. I think South America is the next place as all the Turkey jobs are stable.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:42 am

It's been pretty fun so far actually, just the rules are really annoying Laughing

The season runs from April to November in 2010, yet the CONCACAF Champions League I think starts in August 2010 and ends in April 2011, so it runs over 2 seasons

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:07 pm