Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Ben
wellz
SBSP
LFC_Grunners
Grenade
Carlos Jenkinson
fluffy_kittens
Marvin
Ricardo
arsenalap11
CollieBuddz
ayvee1
El Jefe
Jamie
Kuled
Drake
Mouse
21 posters

Is Darren Bent one of the best strikers in England?

Poll

[ 21 ]
    Is Darren Bent one of the best strikers in England?  Bar_left78%Is Darren Bent one of the best strikers in England?  Bar_right [78%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Is Darren Bent one of the best strikers in England?  Bar_left22%Is Darren Bent one of the best strikers in England?  Bar_right [22%] 

Total Votes: 27
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Is Darren Bent one of the best strikers in England?  Empty Is Darren Bent one of the best strikers in England?

Post by Mouse Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:43 am

He is Incredibly consistent and his record is up there with Drogba and Rooney. Discuss. Is Darren Bent one of the best strikers in England?  28973
    Anonymous

Is Darren Bent one of the best strikers in England?  Empty Re: Is Darren Bent one of the best strikers in England?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:45 am

Great striker, but players like Rooney and Drogba are far superior.
    Drake
    Drake

Is Darren Bent one of the best strikers in England?  Empty Re: Is Darren Bent one of the best strikers in England?

Post by Drake Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:46 am

He's a great striker was shocked that he never went to WC 2010.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:47 am

Our best striker. If his name was Darrendinho Bentinho then he'd be up there with the likes of Messi. Put him in the Arsenal or Man Utd or Chelsea side and he'd win the Balon'D'Or. With all the service he'd get, he'll score a hat trick nearly every game.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:50 am

I rate him alot. But he's not one of the best in England.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:52 am

Probably, only because of the lack of quality strikers though.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:55 am

One of the best goalscorers in the country, no denying that, his overall play doesn't match the likes of Rooney, but I'll still vote yes, purely because of his ability of getting on the score sheet.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:55 am

One of the best goalscorers, as he's proven over multiple seasons. He lacks certain all round qualities to be compared to Rooney or Drogba though IMO.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:57 am

Yes. His job is to put the ball in the back of the net. He does it.
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:58 am

Fine Shagger wrote:Probably, only because of the lack of quality strikers though.

I wouldn't say that.. we have quite a few top quality strikers..
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:58 am

Limited player in terms of all-round talent but consistent goalscorer. He's one of the best because there isn't that much striking talent here anymore.

Last edited by Ricardo on Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:59 am

arsenalap11 wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:Probably, only because of the lack of quality strikers though.

Not really.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:00 am

yes he's been consistent for years
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:00 am

Marvin wrote:
    arsenalap11 wrote:

Not really.

There's 5-10 strikers that are better or on par with him in the league i'd say..
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:01 am

arsenalap11 wrote:

Who? Torres is done, Drogba is done. Who else is there? Rooney, Van Persie, Suárez if he counts as a striker and that's pretty much it.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:03 am

arsenalap11 wrote:
    Marvin wrote:
    arsenalap11 wrote:

Not really.

There's 5-10 strikers that are better or on par with him in the league i'd say..
    I misread the thread title. facepalm Thought it said is Bent England's best striker.

But yeah, of course there are better strikers than him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:05 am

Yes, He is extremely consistent and a quality finisher. Doesn't hold the all round abilities that many other strikers in the league do.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:05 am

No
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:06 am

Fine Shagger wrote:
    arsenalap11 wrote:

Who? Torres is done, Drogba is done. Who else is there? Rooney, Van Persie, Suárez if he counts as a striker and that's pretty much it.
    Berbatov Anelka Hernandez...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:06 am

He is better than Van Persie, that's pretty obvious.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:06 am

grenade187 wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    arsenalap11 wrote:

Berbatov Anelka Hernandez...

None are really top level.
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:07 am

Fine Shagger wrote:
    arsenalap11 wrote:

I'd still include Torres and Drogba, I don't think either are done yet. Then Rooney, van Persie, Suarez, Tevez. Dzeko can be if he adjusts next season, then Berbatov, Anelka and Adebayor are all good strikers and Hernandez and Ballotelli have the potential to be very good soon.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:08 am

How the fuck did I forget Tevez Is Darren Bent one of the best strikers in England?  58503
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:18 am

Yes! His consistency is supreme and he always manage to get on the score sheet, Shocked he doesn't play for England more often
    not worthy
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:00 am

Yes. Classic poacher.
    wellz
    wellz

Supports : The Troops

Post by wellz Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:01 am

I'd sure say so
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:06 am

Worryingly, yes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:22 am

He is a consistent goalscorer, but not among the best strikers in England.

He is among the best English strikers however.
    fergiesrednose
    fergiesrednose

Post by fergiesrednose Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:23 am

very good player. wouldnt suck him off though. FACT.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:36 am

he scores a lot of goals should get in the england team more

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:39 am