Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Kelloggg8
LFC_Grunners
Demoz
Marvin
Jamie
Lux
Kuled
moscowmadeit3
Sean
Grenade
Carlos Jenkinson
luke.
fergiesrednose
Walcott
Childish Logic
Barton
Mouse
menalawyerguy
22 posters

Ronaldo loves United. He would never play for City

menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Ronaldo loves United.  He would never play for City Empty Ronaldo loves United. He would never play for City

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:43 pm

Can't recall who it was who cried about that for several pages a few months back, but what do you think now?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/931816/cristiano-ronaldo:-if-jose-mourinho-had-left-i'd-have-joined-city?cc=5739

Cristiano Ronaldo has pledged to stay at Real Madrid but revealed that if Jose Mourinho had left the club at the end of last season he would probably have followed his coach out of the exit door, with Manchester City the forward's most likely destination.
    Ronaldo, 26, has been nothing short of sensational for Real over the past two years, scoring 86 goals in 89 games for the club since arriving at the Bernanebu from Manchester United in the summer of 2009.

But the Portuguese superstar, who beat Lionel Messi to last season's Pichichi after scoring 40 La Liga goals, says that while he has loved playing for Los Blancos, he would have had to seriously consider his future if recent reports linking Mourinho to a return to Chelsea had turned out to be true.
    And Ronaldo confirmed that a return to the Premier League would certainly be on the cards were he to leave Madrid, appearing to disclose that he had been tempted by a big-money offer from Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour.
    "I think if I went from Spain it would be to the Premier League - but not now," Ronaldo was quoted as saying by the Sunday Mirror. "First we have to win the Champions League. If I went back to the Premier League it would have to be with a club in the north west. I don't like London.
    "It's flattering to be offered like £20 million a year - it's very good, but I spoke to my agent and I think it's better to stay in Madrid because this year we're going to be the best. This season we are going to be a big force.
    "Jose Mourhino is staying at Madrid so I stay. If he went to Chelsea then I would have left. I would have gone to Manchester City. But now he's staying, I'm staying."
    Ronaldo dismissed reports of a feud with Mourinho, insisting that he is on good terms with his coach, despite a public objection to what he perceived to be negative tactics in Real's Champions League exit at the hands of Barca in May.
    "We went to a wedding together last week and we're on good terms and we have the same agent," Ronaldo said. "He [Mourinho] is a nice person and we live in the same street."
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Ronaldo loves United.  He would never play for City Empty Re: Ronaldo loves United. He would never play for City

Post by Mouse Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:35 pm

rofl
    Anonymous

Ronaldo loves United.  He would never play for City Empty Re: Ronaldo loves United. He would never play for City

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:43 pm

I think deep down we all knew Ronaldo wasn't the loyal type.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Ché Guayaba wrote:I think deep down we all knew Ronaldo wasn't the loyal type.

Tell that to the kid who was kicking and screaming when that was suggested a few months back. Wish I could recall his name.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:46 pm

hehe
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:57 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:

Tell that to the kid who was kicking and screaming when that was suggested a few months back. Wish I could recall his name.

I remember that, i think it was Danny.

Can't see how anyone would be surprised by this.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Danny B. Yet again speaking utter dogshite. Ronaldo loves United.  He would never play for City 70955
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:47 pm

JMB_94 wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:

Danny may have been involved on the periphery, but the most ardent and emphatic was a kid who was pretty new to the forum at the time. He was acting like a 3 year old who believes his parents when they tell him about the tooth fairy. He thought he had an intimate understanding of Ronaldo's heart and mind and anybody who thought Ronaldo is selfish "obviously has no fucking clue what they're talking about."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:48 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:

Danny may have been involved on the periphery, but the most ardent and emphatic was a kid who was pretty new to the forum at the time. He was acting like a 3 year old who believes his parents when they tell him about the tooth fairy. He thought he had an intimate understanding of Ronaldo's heart and mind and anybody who thought Ronaldo is selfish "obviously has no fucking clue what they're talking about."

Who was this shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:48 pm

I think it was Dean.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Dean defending Ronaldo? Ronaldo loves United.  He would never play for City 963615
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:56 pm

I remember the exchange well, just not the guy's handle. He wasn't a very active member.

He said something like "The only team in the PL that Ronaldo would ever play for is united. Ronaldo loves United."

And I responded "Ronaldo loves Ronaldo."

Him: "You just demonstrate how utterly ignorant you are."

And the next two or three pages consisted almost entirely of him throwing a tantrum over anybody who suggested Ronaldo isn't quite as altruistic towards united as he believes. It was entertaining.

Wish I could find the thread. But even if I did, I couldn't bump it. That might cause a catastrophic boardquake that would plummet the forum into irreparable dysfunction and chaos.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:02 pm

He is the £££ type. The only reason he would go to City.

Last edited by Mr Leiva on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:04 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:I remember the exchange well, just not the guy's handle. He wasn't a very active member.

He said something like "The only team in the PL that Ronaldo would ever play for is united. Ronaldo loves United."

And I responded "Ronaldo loves Ronaldo."

Him: "You just demonstrate how utterly ignorant you are."

And the next two or three pages consisted almost entirely of him throwing a tantrum over anybody who suggested Ronaldo isn't quite as altruistic towards united as he believes. It was entertaining.

Wish I could find the thread. But even if I did, I couldn't bump it. That might cause a catastrophic boardquake that would plummet the forum into irreparable dysfunction and chaos.

Lol, I hope someone finds the thread.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:06 pm

Was on it on here or EA?
    fergiesrednose
    fergiesrednose

Post by fergiesrednose Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:08 pm

hang on which paper was this quote from?

ronaldo is a multi millionaire. no chance him going to city whilst fergie is breathing. He's already been quoted more or less that!! he considers old red nose a second father and wouldnt basically want to piss him off.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:08 pm

It was on here.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:10 pm

fergiesrednose wrote:hang on which paper was this quote from?

ronaldo is a multi millionaire. no chance him going to city whilst fergie is breathing. He's already been quoted more or less that!! he considers old red nose a second father and wouldnt basically want to piss him off.
    Of course he said that. And now an athlete is saying the exact opposite of what he said before. That never happens Suspect

wait...you're alive? eek
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:10 pm

I think it was a yank fan.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:11 pm

Maybe it was just some clown havin a yank
    fergiesrednose
    fergiesrednose

Post by fergiesrednose Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:25 pm

still dont believe he said it. lost in translation and all that jazz. recorded interview or it was never said. oh no you didn\'t
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:26 pm

How can, 'I would have gone to Man City' be lost in translation?

Denial tut tut
    fergiesrednose
    fergiesrednose

Post by fergiesrednose Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:35 pm

still dont think he said it. he has no axe to grind against fergie, the club or its supporters unlike 'scar neck' tevez.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:37 pm

He likes United, but he likes Money more, if Mourinho left, and he was being offered 400k a week by Man City, why wouldn't he take it?

Footballers aren't slaves to clubs, they're just employees, they don't have to keep loyalties to anyone.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:39 pm

I fucking said it ages ago, looks like it's true
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:41 pm

Inbe4CityfansgetRonaldotats
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:45 pm

I love how only one United fan has posted in here Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:51 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7015967,00.html

It's on the Sky Sports website Mischief

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:47 pm