Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Jess
Clark
Kelloggg8
Demba Ba
Gegilworld93
Zzonked
Walcott
TheRangersFan
El_indian
menalawyerguy
Jordi
ricky//habana
Danny
Childish Logic
Dean
Ben
El Jefe
Steadman
Sean
Ricardo
Roloman4
Scouser_Dave
Uncle John from Jamaica
SBSP
bcfcben
SussexByTheSea
SACH
Pippo
crump
Barton
ayvee1
dena
Jamie
Theo Filippo
Mason
Drake
Jord
The Zlatan
ResurrectionRooney
43 posters

Phrases/Words which really fuck you off

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Phrases/Words which really fuck you off - Page 7 Empty Re: Phrases/Words which really fuck you off

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:53 am

Jess wrote:'Vibes' 'Swear down' 'Sick' 'Bare'

Literally make my skin crawl.

People who use the word literally for emphasis, ie. 'I was literally laughing my arse off' or 'Wayne Rooney is literally on fire', makes the word completely meaningless.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Phrases/Words which really fuck you off - Page 7 Empty Re: Phrases/Words which really fuck you off

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:55 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Wreckless.

Mischief
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:56 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:

People who use the word literally for emphasis, ie. 'I was literally laughing my arse off' or 'Wayne Rooney is literally on fire', makes the word completely meaningless.

Phrases/Words which really fuck you off - Page 7 Jamie-Redknapp_1074784-164x225
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:15 am

it's figuratively, isn't it? Phrases/Words which really fuck you off - Page 7 784961
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:16 am

when people use the word "bantz" instead of banter.
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:30 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:

it's figuratively, isn't it? Phrases/Words which really fuck you off - Page 7 784961

Yes it is, Literally means it actually, like if someone says "Literally laughing my head off" unless their head comes off it is Figuratively.

And Viva, the word in general is horrible, never say it.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:21 am

'Am', doesn't sound right.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:43 am

There's this one girl on my FB who always says "a" instead of "I". I really hate that. facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:44 am

What, so it's like 'A like cheese' instead of 'I like cheese' ? Neutral
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:44 am

I know people who speak like that, but writing like that is unforgivable.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:45 am

Usually "a am" followed by something. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:31 pm

"Crimbos" instead of Christmas.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:14 pm

Would of, could of and should of instead of would have, could have and should have.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:58 pm

when English people say shit like "she's well fit", "he's well good".

also proper: "he's proper rapid"
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:59 pm

Leng. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:00 pm

SBSP wrote:Leng. Neutral
    Yes?
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:05 pm

BladeGunner14 wrote:Would of, could of and should of instead of would have, could have and should have.

Absolutely. That is awful.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:41 am

"Not going to lie"

Hate it, no-one said tell us the truth, in fact, whenever someone says it round me, it is just a way of making something sound better, like.

"Not going to lie, I'm gay"

sick
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:44 am

It's just another way of saying 'To be honest', which I find to be quite redundant, as if you were lying you'd say you were being honest anyway.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:46 am

People who overuse the words "however" or "furthermore" when typing a long paragraph or something along those lines. facepalm
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:59 am

Certain Man...

Hate it when people say this, Certain Man are gay, when they are stood right next to the person they're speaking to, I could write a page full of phrases my School said.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:02 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I know people who speak like that, but writing like that is unforgivable.

That brings me onto another pet hate. People who type how they speak, so for example, 'I know' is said, 'Anorr' and 'Right' is said 'Rate'.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:09 am

I detest when people misuse the word "irony". I'm pretty sure that very few people on this forum actually know what it means. Almost every time someone uses it on here, they are either identifying hypocrisy or use it when there is a coincidence, neither of which the definition of the word covers.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:11 am

BladeGunner14 wrote:I detest when people misuse the word "irony". I'm pretty sure that very few people on this forum actually know what it means. Almost every time someone uses it on here, they are either identifying hypocrisy or use it when there is a coincidence, neither of which the definition of the word covers.

Oh the fucking irony....
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:12 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    BladeGunner14 wrote:I detest when people misuse the word "irony". I'm pretty sure that very few people on this forum actually know what it means. Almost every time someone uses it on here, they are either identifying hypocrisy or use it when there is a coincidence, neither of which the definition of the word covers.

Oh the fucking irony....

Are you joking or are you serious?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:44 am

The word 'Of' when used as a substitute for have. For example 'I could of gone to get my homework, but the teacher was being a prick'
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:57 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:The word 'Of' when used as a substitute for have. For example 'I could of gone to get my homework, but the teacher was being a prick'

BladeGunner14 wrote:Would of, could of and should of instead of would have, could have and should have.

Phrases/Words which really fuck you off - Page 7 601554
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:12 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:The word 'Of' when used as a substitute for have. For example 'I could of gone to get my homework, but the teacher was being a prick'

We can't expect much better from Lukeyy99 unfortunately.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:27 am