Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Childish Logic
Kuled
Laurencio
Demba Ba
CollieBuddz
Carlos Jenkinson
The Bat-Man
El Jefe
luke.
Scuba Steve
dena
Zzonked
Theo Filippo
Hernandez_14
Trig
sponans
El_indian
fluffy_kittens
Dean
Mario
SBSP
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Ricardo
Sean
Jamie
29 posters

Pep Guardiola

Anonymous

Pep Guardiola Empty Pep Guardiola

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 10:10 am

La Liga (3): 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11
    Copa del Rey (1): 2009
    Supercopa de España (2): 2009, 2010
    UEFA Champions League (2): 2009, 2011
    UEFA Super Cup (1): 2009
    FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2009

When you look at that it's astonishing, since 2008 he has won all of that, I don't want to seem like I'm saying if he didn't have such great players to work with he wouldn't be as good because he's brought top players into the first team and changed Barcelona's style, and made them MUCH better..

But I'd just love to see him leave Barcelona at some point and make a move to somewhere like England and see what he can do outside of Barcelona, personally I think he'd shut the people up that think he can only do it with Barcelona.

What do you reckon?
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Pep Guardiola Empty Re: Pep Guardiola

Post by Jamie Sun May 29, 2011 10:12 am

I reckon it's an absolute disgrace the way his role in making Barca arguably the best club side in history is made to seem irrelevant, as if any random Joe on the street would do the same job.

He's an incredible manager.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 10:13 am

Fine Shagger wrote:I reckon it's an absolute disgrace the way his role in making Barca arguably the best club side in history is made to seem irrelevant, as if any random Joe on the street would do the same job.

Yeah that's the point I'm trying to get across really, he has turned Barcelona into a different level of force.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun May 29, 2011 10:14 am

Rijkarrd never achieved those feats, while yes he done well Pep has completely eclipsed that. My biggest fear is these rumors of early retirement are true, cos he could become one of the games best ever coaches
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 10:15 am

Fine Shagger wrote:I reckon it's an absolute disgrace the way his role in making Barca arguably the best club side in history is made to seem irrelevant, as if any random Joe on the street would do the same job.

Well said.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun May 29, 2011 10:15 am

I think right now the only fault you could have is his transfers. He doesn't set the fee himself in fairness but he's still made a few poor choices.

Tactics are spot on and a key reason how he's transformed Barca aswell as improving Alves, Piqué, Busquets, Pedro, Xavi, Iniesta and most notably Messi.
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Sun May 29, 2011 10:17 am

He's a very very good manager, but that's arguably mainly because of his status as a Barcelona cult hero and other influences (Like having the experience of working with some of the players before he got the top managerial job).I think he can do it elsewhere but it will be tough, a bit like how Dalglish did it with Blackburn.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 10:19 am

I still don't think he'd do the same at another club. He is the perfect man for Barca. Incredible feat.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 10:23 am

Pep Guardiola 1zdrlt3
    Up there with the best managers ever. And he is only 40. Surprised
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 10:25 am

hes a beast
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 10:28 am

I agree putting him on a pedestal for what he has accomplished. Anyone would find it hard pressed to be this successful -especially in their 2nd year as a coach - regardless of the talent available. However, I do have serious doubts about how successful he would be with another team.

This may sound like a contradiction of what I said earlier, but the presence of excellent players who fit in with his vision of playing did make the transition easier. Outside of a few buys, Barca's transfers in since Pep has been in charge have been woeful. If he had to go to another club, and had to educate players into his style, and buy players that fit his style, I think he would find it much harder, and I doubt he would be as impressive.

I do think I have evidence to back up my argument as well. It is easy to draw a parallel between this Barca team and the Milan side of the late 80's. As a brilliant coach who built a great team at his first shot at a big job, Arrigo Sacchi had many of the problems Pep had today. His Milan side had so a specific way of playing that it was hard to buy players that would adapt to this style. He was lucky or smart enough to buy Dutch in Rijkaard, Gullit, and Van Basten, who found it easy to adapt due to the similarity between Milan's style and the Dutch football ethos. However, the core of his team was already there waiting for him, either from Milan's youth setup or from other Serie A clubs. Once he had built the team, he never was successful in making significant additions to it. After Sacchi left Milan, he was never able to replicate what he had produced.

Of course, nothing is set in stone. Pep could well prove me wrong. In fact, I would love it if he did.

Maybe he'll just take a load of Barca B players on loan. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 10:35 am

If he came to Arsenal we would dominate with his style and a couple signings.

Nasri----------RVP----------New player
    -------Wilshere----Fabregas----------
    ---------------Song------------------
    New Player-Verm--Djourou-Sagna
    ---------------Szczesny---------------

Come at me bro.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Sun May 29, 2011 10:43 am

I dont think hed be brilliant at any club, i think hes perfect for barca, but I couldnt see him doing as well at say man united, they just dont have the players to play his way, what hes done at barca is amazing, getting rid of players like deco, dinho, zambrotta and eto'o, for busquets, pique and pedro is just not worthy

but going to a team with players like carrick, anderson and giggs, hed obviously have to be a different manager, who knows if he could do it
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun May 29, 2011 10:43 am

I don't think he should have ever gotten rid of Eto'o TBH.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun May 29, 2011 10:46 am

It wasn't for footballing reasons. Which is fair enough, think the bigger mistake was replacing him with Ibra instead of Villa or Forlán.
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Sun May 29, 2011 10:47 am

He wouldn't do as good anywhere else, the whole promoting all those youngsters etc. was only because he has been Barcelona B manager before that and knew everything about all those youngsters, that won't happen at another club.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun May 29, 2011 10:49 am

Pep Guardiola 1306621068443
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 10:50 am

XxBradKennedyxX wrote:I dont think hed be brilliant at any club, i think hes perfect for barca, but I couldnt see him doing as well at say man united, they just dont have the players to play his way, what hes done at barca is amazing, getting rid of players like deco, dinho, zambrotta and eto'o, for busquets, pique and pedro is just Pep Guardiola 914411

but going to a team with players like carrick, anderson and giggs, hed obviously have to be a different manager, who knows if he could do it
    I think you are mistaken, Barca is not perfect for Pep.. Pep is perfect for them. Without him they were never playing this well. I think he could do the same thing at a Man United too because he would just buy and sell to suit his style of football.. something like:

New signing-------------Rooney------------Nani
    -------------Modric------------Sneijder---------
    -----------------------Fletcher-----------------
    Fabio-------Vidic-------------Rio----Rafael

Get in his style of player and you would be away.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sun May 29, 2011 10:50 am

He's a top manager. He'd win Silverware elsewhere, but he wouldn't quite have the same effect he does at Barcelona. I'd like to see him move away and prove the doubters wrong. It's like Kenny Dalglish, people thought he was a one trick pony at Liverpool and then he went out and won the Premier League with Blackburn. He shut a fucking hell of a lot of people in the football up with that feat. But again, he doesn't quite have the effect he does at other clubs that he does at Liverpool, similar to Pep. But that doesn't mean they aren't top managers, but they quite clearly are.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun May 29, 2011 10:52 am

I think he would do well at United actually, its the likes of Chelsea I dont think he'd be able to do well at.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 10:57 am

Sean wrote:I think he would do well at United actually, its the likes of Chelsea I dont think he'd be able to do well at.
    Not with the players Chelsea have now, but with Roman's cheque book he would bring in his style of player and start that patient disiplined tactic. Sometimes you watch Barca and they pass it around the backline for ages and back to the keeper when most teams would hoof it forward. Its not hard to do with the right players you just need the discipline. If Pep went to Liverpool for example he'd punch Carragher straight in the face.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sun May 29, 2011 10:57 am

I dont see any reason for him to ever leave Barca but time will tell I suppose.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun May 29, 2011 10:58 am

Do you think he'd do well at Arsenal? think
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 11:00 am

SBSP wrote:Do you think he'd do well at Arsenal? Pep Guardiola 214775
    He would do well anywhere as long as they had those type of posession players (obviously Arsenal already have a few). Or if he could bring some in through transfers.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 11:05 am

yes but u just dont have to be technically efficient

u must be extremely fit

jamie redknapp say before match that its easy to play like barcelona if you joined their team and if you had good passing skills, absolute idiot he is

it take supreme fitness to keep constant movement to open channel for ball players when ur recieving. and most taxing part is when u lost ball, barcelona run like maniacs to get the ball back.

think like, they use all their energy to win the ball, and their only rest is having to run around and make space. they always active.

plus im sure he would need to bring in more players. u cannot say that the current arsenal team is good enough to utilize his philosophy successfully. perhaps they have decent base but they would also need to buy certain players
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 11:07 am

I agree with the OP. Pep is a great coach. I won't bother repeating what others have said.

El Pipita wrote:He wouldn't do as good anywhere else, the whole promoting all those youngsters etc. was only because he has been Barcelona B manager before that and knew everything about all those youngsters, that won't happen at another club.

This as well. Let's not forget he had a few players not quite make it either... Like Bojan for example.

I think he also doesn't know how to work the transfer market either. Alot of his signings have been poor.

He wouldn't be an instant success at another football club no, because I feel he would have to work in a completely different environment where he will probably be unfamiliar with, and he isn't a master tactician like Mourinho or anything, and as previously said, I wouldn't trust him with my transfer budget. He still would have a big growth curve, but I do agree he has the potential to be one of the great managers of the game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 11:19 am

Pep Guardiola Josep+Guardiola+Barcelona+v+Manchester+United+nmuy2cB_93Xl

World Class manager.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Sun May 29, 2011 11:35 am

Hot guy too
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun May 29, 2011 11:35 am

I love hard penis thrusting inside me with his usual pointless comment.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 11:36 am

Sean wrote:I love hard penis thrusting inside me with his usual pointless comment.

hehe

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:59 pm