Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 CAF Champions League

Anonymous

2011 CAF Champions League Empty 2011 CAF Champions League

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2011 3:22 am

The 2011 CAF Champions League will be the 47th edition of Africa's premier club football tournament and the 15th edition under the current CAF Champions League format. The winner will participate in 2011 FIFA Club World Cup.

Second Round Qualifiers:

Enyimba 1-0 Al Ittihad [1-0; -v-] [*1]
    Inter Luanda 3-4 MC Alger [1-1; 2-3]
    Esperance ST 6-0 Diaraf [5-0; 1-0]
    Raja Casablanca 1-1 (5-4p) ASEC Mimosas [1-1; -v-] [*1]
    Al-Hilal w/o Club Africain [1-0; w/o] [*2]
    Wydad Casablanca w/o TP Mazembe [1-0; 0-2] [*3]
    Coton Sport 4-3 ES Setif [4-1; 0-2]
    ZESCO United 0-1 Ahly [0-0; 0-1]

[*1]: Ties scheduled to be played over one leg due to the political situations in Côte d'Ivoire and Libya.
    [*2]: Second leg abandoned on 81 minutes with the score at 1–1 (Al-Hilal leading 2–1 on aggregate) when Club Africain fans invaded the pitch.
    [*3]: TP Mazembe won 2–1 on aggregate, but were later disqualified for fielding an ineligible player in the first round. As a result, Wydad Casablanca will play against Tanzanian side Simba, which lost to TP Mazembe in the first round, in a play-off for a place in the group stage.

Playoff:
    Simba v Wydad Casablanca

Group Stage:

Group A:
    TBA

Group B:
    TBA
    Weather130
    Weather130

2011 CAF Champions League Empty Re: 2011 CAF Champions League

Post by Weather130 Sun May 15, 2011 9:40 am

I have a few questions to ask here since I am unfamilar with this competition. Why do so many associations not even bother to enter a team? I do not see anything that says that some countries are banned from entry.

Then why do certain teams withdraw after one round or before playing a game? I know that one team lost its first leg match 10-1 and decided to quit rather than playing the next leg. I have never seen anything like that happening in the UEFA Champions League/ European Cup ever.

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:38 am