Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Barton
Sean
Kuled
RubyArmyCTFC
8 posters

Champions League 2011 Ticket Prices -

RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Champions League 2011 Ticket Prices -  Empty Champions League 2011 Ticket Prices -

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:41 am

Thought this might interest anyone who is thinking about applying for Champions League Final tickets to think again

Fans will have to pay £176 for the cheapest ticket on general sale for this season's Champions League final, to be played at Wembley on 28 May.
    The "category three" tickets cost £150 plus an administration fee of £26.
    However, for fans of the clubs involved in the final, the cheapest tickets will be priced at about £80.
    Uefa's director of competitions, Giorgio Marchetti, said the prices were in line with comparable events such as the World Cup final.

He said: "We don't think that the Champions League final is overpriced.
    "We do not want to squeeze every single penny out of the market.
    "We have to benchmark this event against other comparable events, like for example the final of the Euros and the World Cup.
    "Last year there was already a significant increase compared to the previous editions but it's nothing to do with being in London and it is still priced below comparable events."
    Uefa announced that 11,000 tickets will be available on general sale. The allocation of these tickets will be decided by ballot.
    Prices, not including administration fees, start at £150 for category three tickets rising to £225 and £300 for the best seating in categories two and one respectively, with wheelchair entry costing £80.
    A number of £80 tickets will be available among the 25,000 allocated to each club for the final at the 86,000 capacity Wembley Stadium

Category 1 300.00 GBP
    Category 2 225.00 GBP (Youth Package: 338.00 GBP)
    Category 3 150.00 GBP
    Wheelchair 80.00 GBP

Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

Champions League 2011 Ticket Prices -  Empty Re: Champions League 2011 Ticket Prices -

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:43 am

It was £52 for Liverpool tickets at Sparta Prague last night, with some seats fans have to pay £130+ for them.

Clubs rip fans off, and Uefa do nothing.
    Anonymous

Champions League 2011 Ticket Prices -  Empty Re: Champions League 2011 Ticket Prices -

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:46 am

I'm going to buy a wheelchair.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:51 am

kyro7 wrote:I'm going to buy a wheelchair.
    Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:54 am

Shouldn't go general sale. Should half the allocations, give to clubs. Season ticket holders get first dibs on them. Any remaining tickets are put on sale to people who went to (in order)

10 or more away games
    7 or more
    5 or more
    3 or more
    1 or more

Then to anyone who attended home games in the same format as above.

After that there will be no general sale so no plastics or glory hunters will manage to get a ticket.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:57 am

Funny how you could turn a thread about Champions League ticket prices to gloryhunting Laughing
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:57 am

Wheel chairs cost around £100 - £250 meaning you wont save much money on the ticket price Wink.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:58 am

CTFC~ced wrote:
    Wheel chairs cost around £100 - £250 meaning you wont save much money on the ticket price Wink.
    Okay I'll steal one then. -_-
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:59 am

James ♠ wrote:Shouldn't go general sale. Should half the allocations, give to clubs. Season ticket holders get first dibs on them. Any remaining tickets are put on sale to people who went to (in order)

10 or more away games
    7 or more
    5 or more
    3 or more
    1 or more

Then to anyone who attended home games in the same format as above.

After that there will be no general sale so no plastics or glory hunters will manage to get a ticket.

What about the tourists, or the neutrals? Are they plastics and glory hunters as well?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:01 am

Neutrals shouldn't be allowed to attend these games. It should be for the fans of clubs only.

And tourists, they aren't as important as the ones that attend games so they would have to wait for general sale.

I didn't turn this into a glory hunting debate btw, I just voiced my opinion on 11,000 random people being allowed to go to the biggest game in most clubs history.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:10 am

outrage!
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:11 am

Everyone has the right to go watch any football match Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:13 am

Kuled wrote:Everyone has the right to go watch any football match Neutral

Should only be proper fans that attend the game though. Not 11,000 random people.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:16 am

Theres a story somewhere, I will dig it up. Smile
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:17 am

James ♠️ wrote:

Should only be proper fans that attend the game though. Not 11,000 random people.

If there are spare tickets then why not?
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:18 am

those prices arn't bad at all, the cheapest ticks for the SuperBowl start at around $1,500 US
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:55 am

And0TheGr8 wrote:those prices arn't bad at all, the cheapest ticks for the SuperBowl start at around $1,500 US

Football is a working man sport. You need to be a banker to go to matches nowdays.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:57 am

JMB_94 wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:

If there are spare tickets then why not?

They wouldn't be spare tickets if they where all given to the clubs. Are you telling me the 2 sides that get the CL final wont be able to sell 45000 tickets? Considering it is more than likely to be 2 of the biggest clubs in the world they will have no problem selling them.

Hull and Bristol took over 40000 fans to the playoff final(biggest playoff attendance ever) so your point is pretty much invalid. Smile
    Trig
    Trig

Post by Trig Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:59 am

it's the same way with the NFL over here, it's not even worth going to the game...and i get a better view on my 60" sitting comfortably on my couch
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:12 am

and they had to move the league 2 playoff final to wembley cos they have to have this Sad
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:18 am

Burytilidie wrote:and they had to move the league 2 playoff final to wembley cos they have to have this Sad
    Be cheaper then, hopefully and Old Trafford is better than wembley for creating an atmosphere
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:21 am

CTFC~ced wrote:
    Burytilidie wrote:and they had to move the league 2 playoff final to wembley cos they have to have this Sad
    Be cheaper then, hopefully and Old Trafford is better than wembley for creating an atmosphere
    true true and right near me Wink
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:25 am

They shouldn't put them on general sale Neutral They will most likely be sold on for a profit, most likely to a tout. Who will then sell them on match day for a few thousand.

Wembley holds 90,000 capacity. Yet the two clubs who get to the final only get 25,000 tickets each, pathetic. The rest go to sponsors, corporates and neutral supporters. Rolling Eyes

Trig
    Trig

Post by Trig Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 am

moscowmadeit3 wrote:They shouldn't put them on general sale Neutral They will most likely be sold on for a profit, most likely to a tout. Who will then sell them on match day for a few thousand.

Wembley holds 90,000 capacity. Yet the two clubs who get to the final only get 25,000 tickets each, pathetic. The rest go to sponsors, corporates and neutral supporters. Rolling Eyes

just like the SuperBowl....fucking shame
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:28 am

And0TheGr8 wrote:
    moscowmadeit3 wrote:They shouldn't put them on general sale Neutral They will most likely be sold on for a profit, most likely to a tout. Who will then sell them on match day for a few thousand.

Pisses me off so much. If United get to the final (which sadly, I doubt) there is not a catting hells way I am getting a ticket unless it is off a tout. Our ballet is ridiculous as it is.

Worth a read for United fans: http://redsaway.com/2011/02/united-away-allocations-under-threat/

Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:29 am

And0TheGr8 wrote:it's the same way with the NFL over here

No that's Basketball
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:32 am

Champion League finals in future are just going to be for Sponsers, Billionaires, neutrals.

The working class supporter will be forced out of the game.
    Trig
    Trig

Post by Trig Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:49 am

Tom wrote:
    And0TheGr8 wrote:it's the same way with the NFL over here

No that's Basketball

aside from the Lakers, Basketball ticks are pretty cheap
    Trig
    Trig

Post by Trig Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:50 am

moscowmadeit3 wrote:
    And0TheGr8 wrote:

Pisses me off so much. If United get to the final (which sadly, I doubt) there is not a catting hells way I am getting a ticket unless it is off a tout. Our ballet is ridiculous as it is.

Worth a read for United fans: http://redsaway.com/2011/02/united-away-allocations-under-threat/

damn, its quite pathetic what money has done to sports
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:50 am

Sponsors and coperate shouldn't be allowed near it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:36 am