Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
Potato-7
Hernandez_14
menalawyerguy
Mal
Scouser_Dave
The Zlatan
AriseForLife
luke.
ResurrectionRooney
Dean
moscowmadeit3
Steadman
El Jefe
Theo Filippo
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Barton
Mouse
Jord
Sean
fluffy_kittens
Jack
Keanoo
El_indian
Coatsy
Danny
Kuled
LFC_Grunners
Cameron.
dena
Hitchy
blackskar
Jordi
Fanatic
Mason
38 posters

Liverpool Premier League Champions 2011/12?

Anonymous

Liverpool Premier League Champions 2011/12?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool Premier League Champions 2011/12?

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 12:03 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Hey Dean, 1998 called, it wants its argument back.
    rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Liverpool Premier League Champions 2011/12?  - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool Premier League Champions 2011/12?

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon May 16, 2011 12:04 am

Not just 1998 either, this is 2009

This season has been a fantastic one for me as a Liverpool supporter. I couldn’t have enjoyed everything about it any more. Everything from beating United 4-1, or drawing with stoke City 0-0, to 4 all thrillers with Chelsea and Arsenal respectively. It’s been absolutely fantastic and I’ve loved every single minute of the ups and downs on the pitch.

What’s really stirred me though, what has made me so buoyant about my club, world football and particularly about our future, is the signs this season holds in clear view, in flashing red and white lights for everybody involved in top flight football and indeed for the world to see. What has particularly has fascinated me, has been Mr Ferguson’s reaction.

Before I go on however, I’m still looking no further than the remainder of this season. There’s still so much to play for. It’s unlikely that we will win the title, and yes we know how we love nothing more than to achieve the impossible, but I didn’t expect us to come even this far at the beginning of September. It’s another reason about my joy with this season – I knew it was possible we could do this well, but because I didn’t expect it to be the case makes it much the sweeter. The same way I don’t expect us to win the title, but that’s certainly not to say we aren’t capable of it, I know we are.

And that’s the reason I refuse to lose belief. We may well come off second best but by fuck do I want to go down without a fight to the death. We are not going to win fuck all unless we fucking want it. We need to absolutely steam roll anyone who stands in our way until it is mathematically impossible for us to clinch it. Put the pressure on the neighbours down the road. That’s the only way they will buckle, if we force them too. Giving up the title now would be like handing it them on a plate. Fuck….that.

It really will blow one last warning into United’s face for next season, finishing strong this time round. It sends a message loud and clear that we are capable of fighting until the bitter, bitter end, and that’s what they will be up against next season. Not only will Rafa, the players, staff and fans be ferociously snarling and seething at the mouth come September, but United and Mr Alex Ferguson will be fully aware that we are psychologically tough and determined enough to throw a full assault at the title next season. Not only that, but Rafa has the summer time to analyse and tinker with this already extremely strong squad; just a few minor adjustments to really let the shackles off.

Mr Ferguson is all too aware of this threat, and this season his ears have pricked and he’s started barking. He and Rafa have never been, how do you say…? As thick as thieves - you could almost taste a strong disliking to one another. Rafa came here as we became his project. The man refuses to be second best. His mentality is to win. The best manager in the world, managing the best team in the world, that he has created and sculpted, and are the dominate force in all European football. That’s his goal over the next 5 years. Doubtlessly.

And how Mr Fergoson disapproves. The media coverage this season between the two has riled me, humoured me, and caused endless debates between me and my mates. As much as it has caused mixed emotions and discussions, it’s intrigued me. It’s fantastic to see Mr Alex Ferguson so wound up. He’s rattled alright, big time.

He knows full well that the pressure is on this season. If we carry on the way we have been with the run in we’ve got, he knows we will not stop rampaging through games until the race is done and dusted. He’s spoken out a lot this season, in his usual manner, lacking in discretion, and a full on approach. That’s how he works when his back is up, and it’s held him in good stead for a number of years. Rafa however, is subtle and mischievous in his handling of the media, making his point clear but giving nothing away. Never would you see the man sinking to the desperate lows of calling up his mate and saying “look how Mr Ferguson has disgraced you”. Rafa isn’t here to make friends in the right places and manipulate people, he’s here to fight one on one with whoever stands in his way of dominance.

It is clear Mr Ferguson isn’t just scared of throwing this season away. He’s scared of being knocked off his perch in the long term. The wrath he will face next season as we pounce towards his jugular while he’s still barking away has him massively concerned. That’s why he is barking just so loudly while we stare and snarl with intent. It’s one last desperate attempt to scare off Benitez. One last throw of the dice before the fight threatens his superiority.

Well I’m sorry Mr Ferguson, although I’m not all that apologetic about it. But we are obsessed with that title. We might not win this battle, but the war is just beginning. You’d have to agree though, Mr Ferguson, that surely the war can’t go on all that long? You are an aging dog I’m afraid, Sir. You have to ask yourself the question Mr Ferguson, have you got enough fight in you to compete for the long haul? To finally put United’s name above Liverpool’s? And even if you do somehow manage that Mr Ferguson, how long will it last, given your age? One season? It’s hardly putting Manchester United in a league of their own, in the grand sceme, Mr Ferguson. If I might be so bold.

Even if we don’t win fuck all this season ladies and gentleman. We will not fall to pieces. Rafa is bringing back the glory days. And I do apologise Mr Ferguson, but there is fuck all you can do about it.

2002's got something to say as well

Why Liverpool will be champions

Liverpool, the most succesful English club ever, sits happy tonight at the top of the Premiership. Whilst everyones attention turns slowly to Liverpoool, we've known all along our day will come. Here we present you with our brief, not so indepth(!) 8 reasons why Liverpool will be Premiership Champions this season (In no particular order):-

1 Michael Owen
    There's no denying it, Michael Owen is a goalscorer. He can score at the most crucial times when things arent going to plan. An incredible asset to the team, and will no doubt finish the top Premiership goalscorer this season. Michael Owen has his socring boots on again, and this will help Liverpool fire their way to a firdt Premiership Championship win.

2 The defence
    Our defence is the key to our recent successes of late. Hyypia, Henchoz and a whole collection of other solid, reliable, and dependable defenders that we have, have kept out some of the toughtest teams in Europe. A Championship winning side is a side who has a solid defence. We have that in abundance. They have been the best by far in the Premiership of the last couple or seasons or so, and our defence will keep out the toughtest of sides.

3 Gerard Houllier
    Gerard Houllier has brought in his own tactical now-how. He's bought in quality players, and he has let some of the other players go. He's outted the moaners, and whingers at the club, and now has assembled a tight bunch of passionate players that are so glad that they have th privelage of wearing the red jersey. He's here for the long run. He said it would take time. And it has. But he's building a formidabble team, and no doubt his man manegement skills eminate through to the players. Controlled, focussed and never afraid to air his honest views, Houllier has finally brought back the spirit of the Liverpool of old.

4 United's days are over
    All things must come to an end. And it looks as though Manchester United's mini 'dominace' of English football is in a rapid decline. Inability to score, and the inability to win are not good signs for United. Liverpool have crept behind them over the years, coming close on many occasions, but the Reds have been ready to take over the hotseat and now that United have faltered the Reds of Merseyside are the only Reds in town. Claiming the 6 points against United this year will help snatch back the trophy.

5 The fans
    Liverpool has questionably the most passionate support for any football club in the world. Knowledgable, humourous, and patient. Passionate, vocal, and honest. These are some fo the attributes a typical Liverpool fan has. Talk to any Liverpool fan anywhere in the world and you'll immediately realise that supporting Liverpool is a religion. Whether it's at Anfield, away from home in the UK or far afield in Europe the fans always do their best to get the best out of the team. Constant support and acknowledgment that things are going well will filter through to the players, and their confidence will no doubt be bolstered with he support of the fans. Liverpool fans give the team an extra 10% over the opponents and will surely be singing "Champions" in May 2003.

6 Anfield
    Anfield used to be known as Fortress Anfield. No opossing team ever escaped with all three points over the 70's and 80's. The reputation of the place gave Liverpool an almost 1 - 0 lead as opposing players, and travelling away fans dreaded playing at Anfield - they loved the occasion, but dreaded the footballing lesson they would be an unwanted student in. That was then. This is now. And slowly and surely Anfield is becoming a tough place to play now. And it's that invincibility that used to surrond the place that could help put the fear back into opposing teams. If we can go unbeaten at home all season, this will clearly put Anfield back on the footballing world map as the most feared stadium to play in.

7 Flexible, resilient tactics
    Liverpool have changed the tactics to suit their preferred style of play this season. Gerard Houllier has said that he feels the team can defend properly now, and he has given them a license to attack as much as possible. However, Houllier uses his tactics cleverly in certain situations in games, and will no doubt tinker with them to get the desired result. This ability to have a team that can slot into different formations, roles and positions on the pitch are crucial for Liverpool to win games when things arent going right and a change is needed. Championship winning teams are flexible, and this Liverpool side clearly shows players are willing to forfeit their preferred position for the benefit of the team.

8 It's where it belongs
    Liverpool last won their title over a decade ago. With a worldwide support with 10's of millions of fans a club this size needs the title. In the 60's, 70's and 80's Liverpool coolected title after title. Anfield has seen the title more times than any other club, and its about time to bring it back home. It may have a new name, and may look slightly differenet, but everyone knows deep down that the true home of football in the UK is that of Liverpool. Is where dreams have been made. It's where dreams are still being made. And it's where the Premiership Championship dream will be made. Come May 2003 we're convinced the Premiership trophy will be sat glittering in arguably the most packed trophy rooms in the world.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 12:04 am

4 United's days are over
    All things must come to an end. And it looks as though Manchester United's mini 'dominace' of English football is in a rapid decline. Inability to score, and the inability to win are not good signs for United. Liverpool have crept behind them over the years, coming close on many occasions, but the Reds have been ready to take over the hotseat and now that United have faltered the Reds of Merseyside are the only Reds in town. Claiming the 6 points against United this year will help snatch back the trophy.

Laughing
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Mon May 16, 2011 12:06 am

written by a 15 year old
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 12:29 am

You're such a sad fuck.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 12:32 am

Cam wrote:You're such a sad fuck.
    This.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Mon May 16, 2011 12:34 am

Mr Leiva wrote:This.

this.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Mon May 16, 2011 12:34 am

^ That
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon May 16, 2011 12:35 am

Where did you get those posts from, they sound familiar Laughing
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Mon May 16, 2011 12:38 am

dena wrote:Where did you get those posts from, they sound familiar Laughing
    Every Liverpool fan sounds the same. Liverpool Premier League Champions 2011/12?  - Page 4 279869
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon May 16, 2011 12:53 am

They've been reposted on RedCafe recently.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 12:53 am

Do you lot ever talk about your own team on your websites?
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon May 16, 2011 4:00 am

nanananannanana.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 4:02 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:They've been reposted on RedCafe recently.

There's a shock.. rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon May 16, 2011 11:51 am

10 Reasons why Liverpool will win the league next season.

1. We are not that far off.

If you were a betting man and a statistics enthusiasts you’d excited after studying Liverpools last few league campaigns. Ask any statistician and they will tell you that trends are everything in their line of work. In 2004/2005, Benitez’s first season Liverpool finished 37 points behind the winners. Since then we’ve closed the gap and in the season just gone we finished just 11 points behind. Not that far off considering if we beat Man United home and away, which would have happened if it weren’t for incompetent refereeing we would have won the league. We are not that far off.

2. The manager.

Rafa’s done it; he knows how to win the league now. This season we’ve seen a dramatic change in tactics seeing us beat teams by six or more goals. We were also in the league right up until April, when United managed to jammy a win over us. Rafa has also got the balance right in his rotation policy. Problems off the field caused us to lose concentration at a critical time.

3. The prospect of getting some DIC.

There’s no doubt that if we went with DIC over the yank cunts we would be chasing a treble right about now. Once we become par with United and Chelsea in terms of spending god help the rest of the league and the rest of Europe. A sleeping giant is about to rise. With a bit of DIC, that will happen next season.

4. El Nino.

For those of you that aren’t aware, Torres has scored the most goals by a foreigner in his first season. Yep, you heard right. More than Van Nistelrooy, Henry and Ronaldo. Considering it usually take foreigners 12-14 months to adapt, the prospect of what Torres will become is simply mouth watering. For me he’s far and away TBPITW. He has more to his game than Ronaldo, who is so vastly overrated it’s not funny. You would expect Torres to get somewhere in the range of 40-50 goals next season. Premiership defenders just aren’t accomplished enough to deal with him.

5. Our Midfield.

Everyone’s heard the song and a few other teams imitate it, but there’s no doubt who actually has the best midfield is the world. With Alonso and Macherano opposition teams just have simply no chance of playing through us. With Lucas, we probably have the most exciting young midfield prospect in the world. With Gerrard driving power in front, we simply have the midfield that is the envy of all Europe.

6. Skrtel and Agger.

With these two leading from that back next season expect us to concede few goals, especially in the league, where I’d be surprised if we conceded more than 12. Not only are they accomplished defenders but they can also use the ball as good as any midfielder. With Carragher possibly going to right back we will have the most penetrable wall since Berlin fell. Even the Chinese would be proud of such a wall.

7. The new signings.

All in all we have a great spine. If we went to see a chiropractor, he’d have quick feel and take some photos for his textbook so he could show clients what the perfect posture and spine looks like. Therefore, we just need a couple of players to play ancillary roles along with one or two major signings. We can only speculate at the moment. But you know there’s going to be big names. I would expect someone to partner Torres and I imagine Rafa pulling of the coup of the season for this position. Imagine the damage that Kaka from Milan or Benzemia from Lyon could inflict on the premiership. If I were a manc or a bitter, I’d be shitting myself right now with the though that we could possible sign those type of players.

8. The opposition.

On paper the mancs look favourite for next season, but consider this: Only very rarely to teams win three league titles in a row. Have a look through the history books if you like. I’ve done the maths and the mancs only have about a 1 in 15 chance of winning it next season. Arsenal and Chelsea will be going though rebuilding phases. Half the Arsenal team are already off and Chelsea have already lost Drogba and Ambrovich has promised a cleanse. Now is the perfect time for us to take advantage of this and win ourselves a league title the same way Chelsea took advantage of Arsenal and United rebuilding to win there first Premier League crown.

9. The supporters.

Do I need say more? We get ourselves in position to win the league come late April or May next season and the supporters will do the rest. Could you imagine the Kop with us closing in on the league title? Best supporters in Europe.

10. The status-quo

I see a lot of supporters worrying about United overtaking our league title haul. You can only laugh at these fools. Liverpool have been the top dog in England for pretty much ever and it’s not about to change anytime soon. It’s squeaky bum time, as Fergie calls it, for the mancs right now. They know we are on the verge of getting our act together and they know that as soon as we get that first one the floodgates will open. They know they will never have a better chance to go level with us and you’ll see the nervousness creep in. “Knock us off our perch” yeaaaahh right. Check back in a few years and it will be 25 - 17.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon May 16, 2011 11:58 am

rofl
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Mon May 16, 2011 12:01 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    5. Our Midfield.

Everyone’s heard the song and a few other teams imitate it, but there’s no doubt who actually has the best midfield is the world. With Alonso and Macherano opposition teams just have simply no chance of playing through us. With Lucas, we probably have the most exciting young midfield prospect in the world. With Gerrard driving power in front, we simply have the midfield that is the envy of all Europe.
    Wow
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Oh my. What have I just read?
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Mon May 16, 2011 12:03 pm

So you don't actually know whether it's from a Liverpool fan?
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Mon May 16, 2011 12:05 pm

Way too early to tell, but I am going to with the safe answer and say no. I don't think they will finish in the top 4 personally.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 12:09 pm

I agree with Arise. Manchester City has became too strong to drop out of the top 4, and personally don't see Chelsea or United falling out. Arsenal won't fall out as long as Wenger is in charge either.

Solid choice for 5th though.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Mon May 16, 2011 12:12 pm

I think the 5-7 range is a safe bet for Liverpool for the foreseeable future.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Mon May 16, 2011 12:24 pm

rofl

Yeah, ok. We'll see then.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Either arsenal or chelsea could easily drop out of the top 4.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon May 16, 2011 12:28 pm

Well they could, but I don't see any reason why they're likely to.
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Mon May 16, 2011 12:44 pm

As I said before I think it will be Arsenal and Liverpool challenging for 4th.... I can't see Chelsea dropping out
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon May 16, 2011 1:34 pm

This thread is lulz
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Mon May 16, 2011 7:18 pm

If united fans think were deluded in thinking that we will be a threat to them next season, then they must think the same about their manager, who has said:

He said: "Liverpool will be galvanised next season I am sure of that.

"Kenny has signed a three-year contract that settles the club down and there will be plans.

"It just makes it more interesting next year. It has become tighter and tighter.

"We have spoken for years about the big four but teams like Tottenham have not got back into the Champions League this year and they have had a fantastic season.

"It is going to be really difficult next year."

'lol' deluded Ferguson aye? Rolling Eyes
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon May 16, 2011 7:23 pm

Hitchy wrote:You'll be battling with Arsenal for 4th

Bogdan wrote:Either arsenal or chelsea could easily drop out of the top 4.

I hear Arsenal are going to drop out the Champions League every year. think
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Mon May 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Mal wrote:
    Hitchy wrote:You'll be battling with Arsenal for 4th

Bogdan wrote:Either arsenal or chelsea could easily drop out of the top 4.

I hear Arsenal are going to drop out the Champions League every year. Liverpool Premier League Champions 2011/12?  - Page 4 214775
    Neither of us said Arsenal were definitely not going to qualify for the CL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:25 am