Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
Potato-7
Hernandez_14
menalawyerguy
Mal
Scouser_Dave
The Zlatan
AriseForLife
luke.
ResurrectionRooney
Dean
moscowmadeit3
Steadman
El Jefe
Theo Filippo
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Barton
Mouse
Jord
Sean
fluffy_kittens
Jack
Keanoo
El_indian
Coatsy
Danny
Kuled
LFC_Grunners
Cameron.
dena
Hitchy
blackskar
Jordi
Fanatic
Mason
38 posters

Liverpool Premier League Champions 2011/12?

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Liverpool Premier League Champions 2011/12?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool Premier League Champions 2011/12?

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun May 22, 2011 12:49 am

They have taken advantage of that, they're ahead of you. And you didn't lose your top striker, you decided to sell him halfway through his contract. If I go out and sell my XBox I don't complain that I've lost it.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Liverpool Premier League Champions 2011/12?  - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool Premier League Champions 2011/12?

Post by Fanatic Sun May 22, 2011 12:56 am

Because everything is so black and white.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sun May 22, 2011 12:57 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:Poor excuse. Spurs apparently have better depth than us, so why haven't they taken advantage of that.
    They have, they've been in the Champions League and are above you in the league.

Compare that with the gap at the end of December between us and Spurs. I'm surprised that we are even in the race for 5th.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:They have taken advantage of that, they're ahead of you. And you didn't lose your top striker, you decided to sell him halfway through his contract. If I go out and sell my XBox I don't complain that I've lost it.

The gap has been reduced though. We all wrote Europe off and didn't expect to be in this position at the end of the season. Spurs with there massive squad should have wrapped Europe up by now.

We didn't sell Torres he forced our hand and left through the door with out much of a choice for us.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun May 22, 2011 1:00 am

Exactly, you wrote Europe off and decided to concentrate on the League, whereas Spurs did the decent thing, they did what a top football club should do, and fought on two fronts. Unfortunately it proved a bit too much for them and an inferior team, Liverpool, have started to catch them up because they have no other commitments, but it looks as though the better team will prevail in the League.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sun May 22, 2011 1:04 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Exactly, you wrote Europe off and decided to concentrate on the League, whereas Spurs did the decent thing, they did what a top football club should do, and fought on two fronts. Unfortunately it proved a bit too much for them and an inferior team, Liverpool, have started to catch them up because they have no other commitments, but it looks as though the better team will prevail in the League.

They have a 'massive squad better than ours', surely they could manage fighting on both fronts and still keep ahead of us?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun May 22, 2011 1:06 am

Who said that that you've put in quotation marks? It certainly wasn't me.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sun May 22, 2011 1:14 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Who said that that you've put in quotation marks? It certainly wasn't me.

Where did I say you said that?

Been said many times in the media that we can't compete with Spurs because they have a better squad than us. Yet they can't manage to challenge in Europe and the League.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun May 22, 2011 1:19 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Who said that that you've put in quotation marks? It certainly wasn't me.

Been said many times in the media that we can't compete with Spurs because they have a better squad than us. Yet they can't manage to challenge in Europe and the League.
    They can't challenge?

Bull, they got to the quarter final of the CL (only English side to better this season is us. Laughing ) and they'll probably be in the Europa League next season. And if Crouch wasn't a knob they could even still be aiming for a CL place.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sun May 22, 2011 1:25 am

Danny wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

They can't challenge?

Bull, they got to the quarter final of the CL (only English side to better this season is us. Laughing ) and they'll probably be in the Europa League next season. And if Crouch wasn't a knob they could even still be aiming for a CL place.

That was me being optimistic Laughing In reality they should have Europe wrapped up by now, with there massive squad and what not.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun May 22, 2011 1:29 am

You keep saying they have a massive squad, but tbh they don't. You've already said the people saying they do is the media. Come on Dave, you should know our media talk bollocks. Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun May 22, 2011 1:37 am

Liverpool fans are notoriously paranoid about the media.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sun May 22, 2011 1:39 am

Danny wrote:You keep saying they have a massive squad, but tbh they don't. You've already said the people saying they do is the media. Come on Dave, you should know our media talk bollocks. Laughing

Most of your fans who agree with them.

Last edited by Scouser_Dave on Sun May 22, 2011 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun May 22, 2011 1:40 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Danny wrote:You keep saying they have a massive squad, but tbh they don't. You've already said the people saying they do is the media. Come on Dave, you should know our media talk bollocks. Laughing

So do most of your fans who agree with them.
    gay
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sun May 22, 2011 1:45 am

Danny wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

gay

It's true. United fans give it all 'the media talk bollocks' but when it comes to something being printed/said negatively about any of there rivals, they take it gospel.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun May 22, 2011 2:03 am

Yeah, we all do it. Okay.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Sun May 22, 2011 2:05 am

Why is it whenever i come into this thread it's full of mancs facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 2:06 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

gay

It's true. United fans give it all 'the media talk bollocks' but when it comes to something being printed/said negatively about any of there rivals, they take it gospel.

Bang on the money.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon May 23, 2011 4:13 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Why is it silly to say Tottenham are better than Liverpool?
    They have only beat them twice and come above them in successive seasons, not enough for some Liverpool fans Rolling Eyes

You'll look like an even bigger twat than you already are tomorow if Spurs slip up at Birmingham and we win Laughing
    whistle
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon May 23, 2011 7:01 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Why is it silly to say Tottenham are better than Liverpool?
    They have only beat them twice and come above them in successive seasons, not enough for some Liverpool fans Rolling Eyes

You'll look like an even bigger twat than you already are tomorow if Spurs slip up at Birmingham and we win Laughing
    Liverpool Premier League Champions 2011/12?  - Page 6 706492
    hehe
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:08 am

Congrats.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:11 am

Mason was high when he posted this thread.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:12 am

Theo Filippo wrote:Your only reason that you allegedly have a good chance of winning the league is 'We have had good form since january'

Everton have had brilliant form from January to May plenty of times, next year they disappoint as usual.
    Spot on.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:12 am

Stop bumping threads, you cretin.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:14 am

I said Liverpool for top 4, my word.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:15 am

To be fair, it wasn't that hard to believe, we've just played shit in the league this season.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:15 am

kyro7 wrote:I reckon he's deadly serious personally.

Look, can't write Liverpool off before the league has begun, they've got a good setup now with a good manager and staff, they've got money to spend and this time next season a lot could change, anything can happen, they could win it.
    My friend this is a very good post. Superb manager. shifty

To be fair though, I thought they'd spend their money a lot better.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:16 am

Mason_Inzaghi wrote:
    Kuled wrote:Liverpool Premier League Champions 2011/12?  - Page 6 Post-76-012582900%201285348893
    Already posted it but this is sooo true Liverpool Premier League Champions 2011/12?  - Page 6 70955

Wait and see.

AriseForLife wrote:I think the 5-7 range is a safe bet for Liverpool for the foreseeable future.

Dean wrote:rofl

Yeah, ok. We'll see then.

Gem. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:17 am

Fanatic wrote:We will win the league.

Trust me.
    Strong certain.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:17 am

Arise not worthy
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:20 am

That picture Kuled post is actually true Laughing

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:24 am