Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Scouser_Dave
Fanatic
luke.
Carlos Jenkinson
Ben
ResurrectionRooney
Cornholio
Zzonked
Barton
Jamie
Kuled
dena
Ricardo
Danny
18 posters

Darren Gibson's Twitter problem

Anonymous

Darren Gibson's Twitter problem - Page 2 Empty Re: Darren Gibson's Twitter problem

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:30 am

JMB_94 wrote:
    Kuled wrote:I really feel for the guy.

You really feel for him....because he can't take a bit of stick on twitter?

Shouldn't even be on the internet. Laughing
    Oh fuck off with that.

If thousands of people told you you were shit at being a footballer in a space of two hours since opening a twitter account, I'd be really hurt as well.

This isn't some "can't take harsh words from troll on internet", this is abuse akin to being booed off the pitch by your own supporters.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Darren Gibson's Twitter problem - Page 2 Empty Re: Darren Gibson's Twitter problem

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:33 am

It is a bit pathetic to be honest. If you're booed off the pitch by your own supporters, you don't retire.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:38 am

JMB_94 wrote:

Darren Gibson's Twitter problem - Page 2 Stacks+of+money

I'd just stick a picture of me and my stacks u know

#Snm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:41 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It is a bit pathetic to be honest. If you're booed off the pitch by your own supporters, you don't retire.
    Obviously not, but you'd feel like complete shit.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:48 am

polska. wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:

Oh fuck off with that.

If thousands of people told you you were shit at being a footballer in a space of two hours since opening a twitter account, I'd be really hurt as well.

This isn't some "can't take harsh words from troll on internet", this is abuse akin to being booed off the pitch by your own supporters.

As i said, if a bunch of lowlifes on the internet are going to get to him, then why did he even bother joining twitter? He didn't have to, and he should've known what he was getting himself into. You can't really compare this to being booed off a football pitch.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:51 am

Cornholio wrote:Does this really surprise anyone?

Seems typicalof Man U fan's behaviour.

Says the Liverpool fan, whose fans abused Pacheco for congratulating Torres on his goal.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:52 am

I'm pretty sure you guys were booing Paul Konchesky or something?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:55 am

JMB_94 wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:

Oh fuck off with that.

As i said, if a bunch of lowlifes on the internet are going to get to him, then why did he even bother joining twitter? He didn't have to, and he should've known what he was getting himself into. You can't really compare this to being booed off a football pitch.
    Why not? It's the exact same thing if not worse. Words are much harsher than a simple boo.

If the OP is to be believed, it seems as if he got nothing but abuse from his twitter account. I agree it is soft on his part for closing the twitter accounts (I would've tweeted " @all haters; I play for United and you don't, so fuck off " or something Laughing) but I don't blame him at all.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:56 am

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words may never hurt me.

Gibson needs to man up.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:59 am

luke. wrote:

Says the Liverpool fan, whose fans abused Pacheco for congratulating Torres on his goal.
    3 people "abused" him compared top thousands condemning the prats. think
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:00 am

luke. wrote:Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words may never hurt me.

Gibson needs to man up.
    Like I said, it's not just a couple tweets, it seems like thousands of harsh abusive tweets.

Words on their own shouldn't hurt anyone, but it's a completely difference case when it's the voice of thousands upon thousands.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:00 am

luke. wrote:Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words may never hurt me.

Gibson needs to man up.

Harsh as it sounds, I agree with this.

It's not nice to read abuse, but he's in a profession where he'll get abuse like this often. You'd think he'd have a tougher skin by now. Besides, does he not have the power of hindsight? These people might be telling him he's shit but he's the one who plays for Man Utd, not them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:02 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Yeah, so do I. I once disagreed with an article that was written in The Times 15 years ago, and thought their facts were poorly sourced. There I was reading the BBC site, and I clicked a link and it was that fucking rag, no warning at all. I had to click off it and go and read a version from Sky Sports.
    Laughing
    Barton

Post by Barton Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:02 am

polska. wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:

Oh fuck off with that.

Why not? It's the exact same thing if not worse. Words are much harsher than a simple boo.

If the OP is to be believed, it seems as if he got nothing but abuse from his twitter account. I agree it is soft on his part for closing the twitter accounts (I would've tweeted " @all haters; I play for United and you don't, so fuck off " or something Laughing) but I don't blame him at all.

I don't blame him either, i just don't really feel sorry for him. From what i read in the OP, thats the standard abuse any footballer recives from twats on twitter, big deal. Neutral

Besides, they're the ones calling him shit, he's the one playing for Man United. I'm sure they all dream of being in his posistion.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:33 am

luke. wrote:Sticks and stones may break my bones, but chains and whips excite me

Ew you're gay
    Barton

Post by Barton Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:35 am

rioferdy5
    Rio Ferdinand
    Darron Gibson says he came on to see what the lads were up to....he came off because he couldn't be bothered with it not any other reason.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:36 am

Fonseca wrote:
    luke. wrote:Sticks and stones may break my bones, but chains and whips excite me

Ew you're gay

God, I hate that song.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:37 am

JMB_94 wrote:rioferdy5
    Rio Ferdinand
    Darron Gibson says he came on to see what the lads were up to....he came off because he couldn't be bothered with it not any other reason.
    Well, that's an obvious lie. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:38 am

Kuled wrote:

I'm pretty sure you guys were booing Paul Konchesky or something?

Quiet a lot did, and we are not proud off it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:42 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:Btw this story was on a link on BBC live text. Got taken to the sun's webpage without any warning whatsover. Had to backtrack and get the guardian version. Darren Gibson's Twitter problem - Page 2 881856

Well in bbc. Darren Gibson's Twitter problem - Page 2 695130

Fucking hell man, how did you cope? No warning whatsoever? I hope you're OK.

Devastated. Sent a letter of complaint to the bbc, and am currently awaiting a reply. Disgraceful behaviour, don't you think? I'm still shaking and having horrible flashbacks of scrolling up and seeing the S*n in all it's red glory. But it's nice to have a sympathetic friend like you, really helping me pull through this.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:42 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

Ew you're gay

God, I hate that song.

Na na na come on
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:55 am

the next turn in manchester united fans' protests

Darren Gibson's Twitter problem - Page 2 5530513
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:56 am

he's not that bad
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:17 am

What a pussy, I'm sure every player that has an account gets these kind of messages, you should see the stuff people say to Guiseppi Rossi. Be a man.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:28 am

You wouldn't get cunts abusing a Forest player on Twitter. Our fans back our players and wish them luck, not lower there confidence.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:29 am

Woody wrote:You wouldn't get cunts abusing a Forest player on Twitter. Our fans back our players and wish them luck, not lower there confidence.
    But Forest fans are true supporters.

Those United 'fans' aren't really supporters.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:32 am

It's alright to have a go about a player when you're talking about performance, but when you start taking the piss out of them when directing it at them, that's too far. Neutral

Especially when they play for your club, it's a joke.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:06 am

To the people criticising Gibson.

Tell me your school/place of work and I'll come with a group of lads and we'll give you constant abuse all day, let's see how you feel.

Also, why are people slating him for getting rid of his twitter. Why should he put up with a load of abuse?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:22 am

Eboue was literally booed off the pitch at the Emirates last season or so when he was being subbed, what did he go onto to do? Prove himself again that he's a decent player and a year on the fans now sing his name during games. At least until the Liverpool game Darren Gibson's Twitter problem - Page 2 279869

What I'm saying is, he should use this as a step ladder to proving everyone he's not a shit player. He should man up and not deleted his account. If he gets abuse from his own fans already why go create a twitter account when you know your ass is gonna get some serious stick? Not a wise decision on his part tbh.

You won't see Almunia, Carrick, Woy make a twitter account (when he was in charge of liverpool)
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:24 am

Feel bad for the guy. rofl

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:28 pm