Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Uncle John from Jamaica
JonjoShelvey
fluffy_kittens
SBSP
Grenade
coolhead33
arsenalap11
Jamie
Sean
El Jefe
Hitchy
samiz
luke.
chiboygeorge
Cadbury
easley91
Barton
Jack
Ben 10
Royal
Jord
Walcott
Kuled
Danny
Zzonked
Lux
ResurrectionRooney
Jordi
Mason
33 posters

Best penalty taker in the Premier league?

Anonymous

Best penalty taker in the Premier league? - Page 3 Empty Re: Best penalty taker in the Premier league?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:53 am

arsenalap11 wrote:Van Persie.

Best penalty ever not worthy Shame it meant nothing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3c9_mt2TZs

1:10 in.
    Perfectly legit tackle. Neutral

Sad
    Danny
    Danny

Best penalty taker in the Premier league? - Page 3 Empty Re: Best penalty taker in the Premier league?

Post by Danny Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:57 am

How did the commentator say it was a great tackle, he hardly touched the ball and Cesc Fabregas was obviously going to score until fletcher wrapped both his legs round him. Bias against Arsenal.

Planet is he on? Neutral

Sad
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:58 am

Was a foul. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:02 am

Fine Shagger wrote:Was a foul. Neutral
    No it wasn't, he pushed the ball away then contact was made after. Neutral
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:04 am

The contact after stopped Fabregas from scoring.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:05 am

Fine Shagger wrote:The contact after stopped Fabregas from scoring.
    Laughing

Fletcher had got the ball away before the contact was made. Neutral

It was the tackle that stopped him from scoring.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:06 am

Vds was collecting it after Fletcher knocked it to the side.. Neutral

Fabregas would NOT have scored. Neutral

This isn't even a bitter topic for me because I can guarantee we would have lost with or without Fletcher in the final, but this was no way a penalty or red card.

Watch it from the first angle, live in play, Fab would never have scored.

Last edited by kyro7 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:06 am

Danny wrote:
    Laughing

Fletcher had got the ball away before the contact was made. Neutral

It was the tackle that stopped him from scoring.

Laughing

Fletcher's contact after he touched the ball still stopped Fabregas from swinging at it.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:07 am

This is not what the thread's about. -_-
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:07 am

kyro7 wrote:

This isn't even a bitter topic for me because I can guarantee we would have lost with or without Fletcher in the final, but this was no way a penalty or red card.

The ball wasn't out of Cesc's reach until Fletcher blocked his leg.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:08 am

Fine Shagger wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

The ball wasn't out of Cesc's reach until Fletcher blocked his leg.
    Bullshit, got the ball was never a penalty and never a red card.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:02 pm

Van Der Vaart
    JonjoShelvey
    JonjoShelvey

Formerly known as : Snoopy
    Supports : Liverpool Football Club.

Post by JonjoShelvey Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:46 pm

fluffy_kittens wrote:Van Der Vaart
    He's missed 3 or 2 this season Suspect
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:52 pm

Not Jermaine Beckford.

Sad
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:53 pm

Gyan
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:10 pm

Definite red for Fletcher, it's quite lucky for him that he did get sent off. Not only was his status elevated to the level that people thought he was good enough to destroy Xavi and Iniesta, people didn't even blame him for supposedly costing United the European Cup because they thought it wasn't a foul.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:12 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Definite red for Fletcher, it's quite lucky for him that he did get sent off. Not only was his status elevated to the level that people thought he was good enough to destroy Xavi and Iniesta, people didn't even blame him for supposedly costing United the European Cup because they thought it wasn't a foul.
    Fuck me... find me one person who thinks/though Fletcher is/was good enough to destroy Xavi and Iniesta. facepalm

All United fans said that with Fletcher in the team, we would have had a better chance. We would have lost anyway though tbh. Neutral

Red card my arse as well. Won the ball.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Lux wrote:When QPR get promoted...I could say Helguson. He's ice cool when taking penaltie

Well he is the Iceman Cool
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:24 pm

Danny wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Definite red for Fletcher, it's quite lucky for him that he did get sent off. Not only was his status elevated to the level that people thought he was good enough to destroy Xavi and Iniesta, people didn't even blame him for supposedly costing United the European Cup because they thought it wasn't a foul.
    Fuck me... find me one person who thinks/though Fletcher is/was good enough to destroy Xavi and Iniesta. facepalm

All United fans said that with Fletcher in the team, we would have had a better chance. We would have lost anyway though tbh. Neutral

It doesn't matter if he won the ball, it was a careless/reckless tackle, and if he hadn't made it, Fabregas would have had a clear goalscoring opportunity. I've often seen it written that Fletcher's red cost us the Champions League, that implies to me that he would have stopped Xavi and Iniesta from playing.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:29 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Danny wrote:

It doesn't matter if he won the ball, it was a careless/reckless tackle, and if he hadn't made it, Fabregas would have had a clear goalscoring opportunity. I've often seen it written that Fletcher's red cost us the Champions League, that implies to me that he would have stopped Xavi and Iniesta from playing.
    Well we'll never know will we. He'd certainly have done a better job on keeping an eye on them than Carrick, Anderson and Giggs. Neutral

And you can shove your careless/reckless tackle up your arse. You play the same card every day, the tackle was brilliant.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:44 pm

Van Persie, Kuyt, Van der vaart,

Those dutch smug
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:45 pm

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:Van Persie, Kuyt, Van der vaart,

Those dutch smug
    Van der Vaart. Laughing
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:29 pm

van Persie Coffee

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:27 am