Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Sean
Carlos Jenkinson
Lux
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Danny
Mal
Zzonked
GK01
Theo Filippo
Drake
Laurencio
easley91
16 posters

The Y-Word

Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

The Y-Word - Page 2 Empty Re: The Y-Word

Post by Mouse Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:31 am

Nevermind i guess its ice cream?
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:32 am

James ♠️ wrote:Hull got punished for chanting "you are just a city full of bombers"at QPR fans a few seasons back (like 2004 i think) so I reckon Spurs should also be punished. What a Face
    For what? talking about ourselves? You abused a different side about being bombers, hence why you got punished. We use it in an inoffensive manner towards our own fans and side and therefore IMO should never be punished. The only time I've ever heard it offensively is in one of the videos within the video and that I guarantee you was not Tottenham supporters. If it was, then I'll be shocked but I highly doubt it was. That group were disgraceful and should never be allowed into White Hart Lane or any ground again.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:28 am

Is this the equivelant of calling a mixed-race person "half-caste" ?
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:46 am

Zzonked wrote:Spurs fans sing it to try and disarm it, which is stupid if you ask me.
    Exactly the same when the n-word is thrown around in some black communities.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:47 am

benlyt Ben Lyttleton
    David Baddiel tells @5Live that Benayoun #CFC was only player who didn't want to do Y-word video for fear of worse abuse. Sums up problem.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:48 am

easley91 wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:Hull got punished for chanting "you are just a city full of bombers"at QPR fans a few seasons back (like 2004 i think) so I reckon Spurs should also be punished. What a Face
    For what? talking about ourselves? You abused a different side about being bombers, hence why you got punished. We use it in an inoffensive manner towards our own fans and side and therefore IMO should never be punished. The only time I've ever heard it offensively is in one of the videos within the video and that I guarantee you was not Tottenham supporters. If it was, then I'll be shocked but I highly doubt it was. That group were disgraceful and should never be allowed into White Hart Lane or any ground again.

I want to remind you something, not all Jews support Tottenham. Bare that in mind then think about for example playing Chelsea. What if there are Jews watching them because of Benayoun? Even if you don't mean it that way, it could easily be seen as offensive.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:54 am

James ♠️ wrote:
    easley91 wrote:

I want to remind you something, not all Jews support Tottenham. Bare that in mind then think about for example playing Chelsea. What if there are Jews watching them because of Benayoun? Even if you don't mean it that way, it could easily be seen as offensive.
    I guess I'm just surprised it has never come up sooner, because we have used it for many many years now without anyone saying anything. So, because of that I'm guessing they knew we never meant it to cause offense. In any case I never recall us chanting or doing anything to reference gas chambers or Nazis or anything of that sort. And the video with that chant is the first I've heard of it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 11:33 pm