Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Carlos Jenkinson
arsenalap11
easley91
Ricardo
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
fluffy_kittens
Jaetinh
JK
Steadman
Jamie
samiz
Mal
Trig
blackskar
Mouse
GK01
Walcott
luke.
Marvin
23 posters

***OFFICIAL: Gareth Bale Leads Player Of Year Nominations***

Anonymous

***OFFICIAL: Gareth Bale Leads Player Of Year Nominations*** - Page 2 Empty Re: ***OFFICIAL: Gareth Bale Leads Player Of Year Nominations***

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:49 am

LaughingLaughing
    Anonymous

***OFFICIAL: Gareth Bale Leads Player Of Year Nominations*** - Page 2 Empty Re: ***OFFICIAL: Gareth Bale Leads Player Of Year Nominations***

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:29 am

Gareth Bale 31 apps 11 goals 3 assists
    Theo Walcott 28 apps 11 goals 8 assists

Other than goals and assists Bale is shit and adds nothing to the team, Theo even has better stats in less games.

Nani or Tevez should have won by far.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:32 am

No way Nani should win it..to be honest..Berbatov should, scored so many classy goals this year I mean 5 in one game..then hat trick against arch rival Liverpool including one of the goals of the year..he should win player of the year because he doesnt even start. 20 goals in 27 appearances is unheard of really, amazing goal to game ratio
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:35 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:No way Nani should win it..to be honest..Berbatov should, scored so many classy goals this year I mean 5 in one game..then hat trick against arch rival Liverpool including one of the goals of the year..he should win player of the year because he doesnt even start. 20 goals in 27 appearances is unheard of really, amazing goal to game ratio
    Nani has been consistent all season. Bale hasn't done anything for 2 months. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:44 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:No way Nani should win it..to be honest..Berbatov should, scored so many classy goals this year I mean 5 in one game..then hat trick against arch rival Liverpool including one of the goals of the year..he should win player of the year because he doesnt even start. 20 goals in 27 appearances is unheard of really, amazing goal to game ratio
    Clueless.
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:49 am

There's no way Berbatov should be player of the year over Nani Neutral
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:56 am

I agree he does have a lot of hype but most is media hype. At the same time though people who only reference his games against Inter forget his performances last season then up until he recently got injured, which caused him to miss the last couple of months and is still getting his match fitness back. His first start since the injury was in Madrid, which apart from Dawson, no-one did well in. Give him time to get his match fitness back and eventually he'll live up to the media hype, maybe not this season as there is only a month left or even next but in a few years he'll be up there. I also believe though that the hate on Bale is only because of the hype the media has given him. Whether that hype was deserved or not (and as a Tottenham and Bale fan I say most of it isn't deserved) is another matter. There are other players in my eyes who deserve this hype more and one of them doesn't even get the credit he rightfully deserves in my honest opinion, and that is Luka Modric. If you hate the hype, deal with it because it's not going to go away any time soon whether you like it or not. Bale doesn't deserve hate, he's a genuine nice guy with plenty of talent who has potential to be up there with the best left backs and left wingers. No, he hasn't reached it yet but I believe he will in years to come.

Oh and the only reason it says 'Bale leads nominations' is because he comes first in the alphabet! Seriously, think about..
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:40 am

I love this guy. Absolute gem of a poster Laughing
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:42 am

fluffy-kittens is a joke, even was on the old forum.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:59 am

don't see how you guys can disrespect 20 goals in 27 league appearances. Similar ratio to Rooney, Ronaldo, Gerrard, Henry when they won it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:00 am

Liam Run
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:03 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:don't see how you guys can disrespect 20 goals in 27 league appearances. Similar ratio to Rooney, Ronaldo, Gerrard, Henry when they won it.

It's not like half of those goals were handed to him on a platter
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:05 am

Fonseca wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:don't see how you guys can disrespect 20 goals in 27 league appearances. Similar ratio to Rooney, Ronaldo, Gerrard, Henry when they won it.

And Rooney, Ronaldo, Henry have all scored plenty of goals that were "handed to them on a platter" all players have some easy goals then some more difficult ones
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:06 am

Nani has 16 assists and 9 goals
    Bale has 7 goals and 1 assist Neutral
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:08 am

Kuled wrote:Nani has 16 assists and 9 goals

Nani has far better strikers and teammates in general..not a fair stat.

And Bale had plenty of Champions League goals and assists
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:14 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

And Rooney, Ronaldo, Henry have all scored plenty of goals that were "handed to them on a platter" all players have some easy goals then some more difficult ones

No I mean actual goals that were unmissable, when you have Rooney and Nani assisting you with tap ins it's really not hard
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:16 am

VDV and Modric are more creative then any United player..

Anyway, i've we're doing stats:

RVP - 20 Goals/assists in 25 games this season = 0.8
    Berbatov - 25 Goals/assists in 36 games this season = 0.69
    Nani - 23 Goals/assists in 38 games this season = 0.61
    Bale - 14 Goals/assists in 33 games this season = 0.42

Stastically RVP > All Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:27 am

Rooney has 10 goals and 11 assists = 21 in 22 games.

Oh and btw, Nani wouldn't just be based on stats, he's carried us at times this season when we've lacked attacking threat.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:34 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:

Champions league has nothing to do with this.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:37 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:

Adam Scored 9, assists 7. Simples

Therefore, stats Nani > Adam > Bale. shifty

Last edited by LFCJordan on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:39 am

Oh my bad, that was for all comps. If we're talking PL, then RvP has 16 in 17 games, but 6 of those were as a sub, whilst only 2 of Rooneys were.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:41 am

arsenalap11 wrote:Oh my bad, that was for all comps. If we're talking PL, then RvP has 16 in 17 games, but 6 of those were as a sub, whilst only 2 of Rooneys were.
    I rate Van Persie highly, my only point is Rooney shouldn't be near this award yet look at the stats I just brought out.. better than everyone up for this award near enough. Laughing

It takes common sense and watching them throughout the season week in week out, Van Persie has been amazing but just not had enough games.

Nani should be in the running for this, no doubt.
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:42 am

Just to clarify, I don't actually think RvP should win it or be nominated :p

I'm just saying in this case stats don't show it all.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:45 am

kyro7 wrote:Rooney has 10 goals and 11 assists = 21 in 22 games.

Oh and btw, Nani wouldn't just be based on stats, he's carried us at times this season when we've lacked attacking threat.

So does Park, so does Valencia, so did Ronaldo, so does Berbatov, so does Hernandez

Manure always have a player to step up
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:47 am

Fonseca wrote:

So does Park, so does Valencia, so did Ronaldo, so does Berbatov, so does Hernandez

I'm not sure what you're getting at, are you taking something away from Rooney's stats or.. just telling me we have players to step up?
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:49 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

I'm not sure what you're getting at, are you taking something away from Rooney's stats or.. just telling me we have players to step up?

Taking something away from him carrying the team
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:50 am

Fonseca wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

Taking something away from him carrying the team
    Okay lol.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:56 am

Goals and Assists: Nani 9:18, Nasri 9:1, Bale 7:1, Adam 9:6.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:02 am

I hate the way its now cool to call Bale overrated, just like it was cool to call him underrated a few months ago Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:04 am

Sean wrote:I hate the way its now cool to call Bale overrated, just like it was cool to call him underrated a few months ago Neutral
    It's not cool, it's true. Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:33 am