Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Sean
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Kuled
Cameron.
Pippo
Dean
Danny
Cornholio
Jordi
13 posters

French Village Club President Puts in a Bid For Messi

Anonymous

French Village Club President Puts in a Bid For Messi Empty French Village Club President Puts in a Bid For Messi

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:22 am

The president of a French village team has been suspended by the French Football Federation (FFF) after he launched a transfer bid for Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi.

Cedric Enjolras, president of FC Borne, has been hit with a six-month ban, three of which are suspended, after he attempted to lodge the joke bid with the Catalan giants.

Borne, a village of 400 people, play in the second division of the Haute-Loire league and their transfer offer was blocked by the player registration office of the FFF.

"To submit bids among small clubs, you need to fill out forms on the internet," Enjolras is reported as saying by The Guardian. "I decided to register a bid so I typed the name Lionel Messi, his date of birth and his parent club into the system. Then the league transmitted the request to the federation.

"They were shocked by it and refused to send it to their Spanish counterparts. I have been suspended for six months, of which three are suspended. It was just a joke, to amuse friends."

The FFF failed to see the funny side of the audacious bid and described the club's behaviour as unacceptable.

"One cannot accept such behaviour," said Yves Begon of the player registration office. "It is perhaps a joke but we are here to judge the facts."
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/892251/president-suspended-over-bid-for-barcelona's-lionel-messi?cc=5901

Laughing
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

French Village Club President Puts in a Bid For Messi Empty Re: French Village Club President Puts in a Bid For Messi

Post by Jordi Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:22 am

rofl
    Anonymous

French Village Club President Puts in a Bid For Messi Empty Re: French Village Club President Puts in a Bid For Messi

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:23 am

rofl
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:25 am

Laughing

Bet that's a quality club to play for.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:25 am

My mate's just told me this, brilliant. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:29 am

Laughing
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:35 am

You can't say they lack ambition. Laughing
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:39 am

That's disgusting Neutral.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:41 am

Oh no. French Village Club President Puts in a Bid For Messi 70955
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:41 am

I've always said that I'd do this if I ran a small club

That guy is living my dream not worthy
    Cameron.

Supports : Manchester United.

Post by Cameron. Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:42 am

Laughing
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:43 am

rofl
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:15 am

I wonder if theyll do the same when blackburn bid for him think
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:19 am

French Football Federation in no sense of humor shock.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:50 am

When I read the title I thought how stupid the decision to suspend the president was. But now I understand the FFF's reasoning. It's a waste of their time and effort to go through joke documents. This isn't FM, it's serious business.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:52 am

ahlycotc wrote:This isn't FM, it's serious business.

French Village Club President Puts in a Bid For Messi SuperStock_1439R-1049130

-_-
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:54 am

FM is serious business. -_-
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Post by Roloman4 Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:31 pm

What a legend. Laughing
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:40 pm

If they had enough $$$ maybe Messi would been interested after this deal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 1:48 am