Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
menalawyerguy
Drake
North_Sea_Tiger
Carlos Jenkinson
Kuled
Barton
Lux
Danny
Keanoo
Jamie
Fanatic
Dean
17 posters

Are Barcelona the best team currently in world football?

Poll

Are they the best?

[ 39 ]
    Are Barcelona the best team currently in world football? - Page 2 Bar_left83%Are Barcelona the best team currently in world football? - Page 2 Bar_right [83%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Are Barcelona the best team currently in world football? - Page 2 Bar_left17%Are Barcelona the best team currently in world football? - Page 2 Bar_right [17%] 

Total Votes: 47
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Are Barcelona the best team currently in world football? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Barcelona the best team currently in world football?

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:47 am

Yes currently but no of all time, I'm pretty sure the Arsenal team that was unbeaten or even the one with the english back 4 would beat Barcelona fortunately and no one gives a flying fuck because everything past 05 is irrelevant right? Neutral
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Supports : The Famous Glasgow Rangers

Are Barcelona the best team currently in world football? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Barcelona the best team currently in world football?

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:00 am

Keanoo ♥️ wrote:I am Zlatan.
    Laughing
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:06 am

Yes.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:08 am

Chelsea > Barcelona smug

shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:08 am

Yes, by a country mile.

But, they don't really seem to have a Plan B. Like against Inter last year. As soon as a team plays as defensive as Inter did, they don't have that player up top who would cause defences problems with their height and strength, if you know what I mean.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:11 am

polska. wrote:
    Danny wrote:Easily. The current Barca team will go down as one of the best team of all time for sure.

If anyone doesn't think they're the best team in the world, it would be interesting to see who they think are...
    Probably think their own team (United/Chelsea) are instead. Laughing

I kinda doubt it. Most of the Man Utd fans on this site are suicidal. And nobody thinks Chelsea is the best. They're clearly not even the best team in their own country, let alone the world. Even Chelsea honks won't try to make that argument.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:13 am

Forest wrote:Yes, by a country mile.

But, they don't really seem to have a Plan B. Like against Inter last year. As soon as a team plays as defensive as Inter did, they don't have that player up top who would cause defences problems with their height and strength, if you know what I mean.

We know what you mean. You like big, tall, strong men. It's always been obvious. Neutral
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:14 am

They don't need that type. Plan B works almost every time, they were the better team vs Inter and were robbed by the referee.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:17 am

Plus, didn't Barca have Ibra in that game? He's plenty tall and strong. They just ran out of time against Inter. And, as Fine Shagger points out, an offside goal was allowed against them. Kinda like an onside goal was disallowed against Arsenal. I wonder if that one will wind up haunting them too.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:22 am

Think he was dropped for the 2nd leg, unless Bojan came on as a sub.

Edit: Nope, he started both games in fact.

Last edited by Fine Shagger on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:23 am

I'm pretty sure a lot of teams play defensively against them.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:26 am

Also Iniesta was out for the inter game last season. Plus there team is definitely better this season, Ibra was awful against inter last season, big strong physical players just ruin the tempo they play at.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:30 am

In pro football, sometimes lesser teams get lucky in a one-off, or even a home-and-home, and upset bigger and better teams. But over the course of an entire 38 game season, there isn't anybody who can keep up with Barca.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:32 am

Dan wrote:

I'm pretty sure a lot of teams play defensively against them.
    Yeah, they do. And in La Liga, they still usually get battered. There's not much else you can do really, obviously you can try and play their way, sometimes it works, others they'd just pick you off. Same with playing defensively, I hardly ever see it work in the league, but you've seen United (08), Chelsea (09) and Inter (last year) all do it successfully. Apart from Chelsea of course.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:35 am

I would say Chelsea was successful. They lost the tie, but what they did worked. A wonder goal and a shithouse ref ruined it for them.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:37 am

menalawyerguy wrote:I would say Chelsea was successful. They lost the tie, but what they did worked. A wonder goal and a shithouse ref ruined it for them.
    Yeah but at the end of the day, if you go out, it's not much of a success.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:38 am

Ok if you're playing attacking posession football and someone plays defensively then why do you need to have a plan B? well the simple answer is you don't

Can't bash Pep on tactics when he doesn't need them changed
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:40 am

I'm just saying their strategy worked. They did as well as they could have expected to do. Barca was a much better side but Chelsea's system kept them in the tie. They got jobbed hard by the ref several times. If they had a better ref, they would have gone through.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:02 am

I voted no cos the best team has to win stuff and they obviously didn't win the european trophy or world trophy.

We judge how good a team is based on trophies it has won.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:05 am

James ♠️ wrote:I voted no cos the best team has to win stuff and they obviously didn't win the european trophy or world trophy.

The Barca team has stayed largely the same under Guardiola and he's won:

La Liga (2): 2009, 2010
    Copa del Rey (1): 2009
    Supercopa de España (2): 2009, 2010
    UEFA Champions League (1): 2009
    UEFA Super Cup (1): 2009
    FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2009

If they aren't the best team in the world, I have no idea who is. Laughing
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:20 am

James ♠ wrote:I voted no cos the best team has to win stuff and they obviously didn't win the european trophy or world trophy.

Well, I believe the question is based on things as of right now. Nobody has won the European Cup this year. And this Barca team has won it a couple times in the recent past. Barca has won plenty of "stuff."
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:21 am

Yes.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:22 am

Danny wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:I voted no cos the best team has to win stuff and they obviously didn't win the european trophy or world trophy.

The Barca team has stayed largely the same under Guardiola and he's won:

La Liga (2): 2009, 2010
    Copa del Rey (1): 2009
    Supercopa de España (2): 2009, 2010
    UEFA Champions League (1): 2009
    UEFA Super Cup (1): 2009
    FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2009

If they aren't the best team in the world, I have no idea who is. Laughing

There's the question I haven't seen you answer James: if not Barca, who is? Inter won the treble last year. But surely, you wouldn't argue they're the best team in the world. Right?

Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:23 am

Who honestly voted no?
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:24 am

my blog answers all shifty
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:26 am

And0TheGr8 wrote:Who honestly voted no?

James, for one
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:27 am

James and Scott. Down to 5 now.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:28 am

luke. wrote:James and Scott. Down to 5 now.

But Scotty admitted that he was dicking around. So he didn't honestly answer no.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:30 am

they are indeed the best
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:36 am

mauro=beast wrote:they are indeed the beast

Mauroized.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:02 am