Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Cornholio
SBSP
blackskar
Danny
Carlos Jenkinson
Mal
menalawyerguy
Jamie
Childish Logic
luke.
Cadbury
dena
16 posters

The 'We love Ashley Cole' Thread

Anonymous

The 'We love Ashley Cole' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The 'We love Ashley Cole' Thread

Post by Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:52 am

Danny wrote:
    forestfcfan wrote:Meh, I think he's entitled to over 100k if players like Terry, Lampard and Gerrard are on that much. He's just as good, if not better than them
    None of those players should be on 100k a week, no footballer should be on that Neutral

They've got every right. They're in the entertainment business. I've got nothing against them for earning that much.

However, when one of them says £xxk amount a week isn't enough, it's then I would happily kick them in balls.
    Mal
    Mal

The 'We love Ashley Cole' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The 'We love Ashley Cole' Thread

Post by Mal Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:54 am

People don't realise, we hate him mainly because of loyalty. He was Arsenal through and through, he joined our academy at a very young age. He was a nuisance in school, he was kicked out of schools but Arsenal stuck by him and funded his education. He loved the club and the fans, vice versa too. Then he went and spoke to Chelsea with no permission at all, he thought £55k a week was a joke but then joined Chelsea for £60k a week. He's a cunt of the highest order.

Arsenal made him and he repaid them with agreeing to join their rivals without permission. Neutral
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:55 am

Dan wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    forestfcfan wrote:Meh, I think he's entitled to over 100k if players like Terry, Lampard and Gerrard are on that much. He's just as good, if not better than them
    None of those players should be on 100k a week, no footballer should be on that Neutral

They've got every right. They're in the entertainment business. I've got nothing against them for earning that much.

However, when one of them says £xxk amount a week isn't enough, it's then I would happily kick them in balls.
    True... I have nothing against them earning that much, because it's coming out of the club. Just think some of the cost in football, player wages, tickets, some transfer fees are getting ridiculously high.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:59 am

Mal wrote:People don't realise, we hate him mainly because of loyalty. He was Arsenal through and through, he joined our academy at a very young age. He was a nuisance in school, he was kicked out of schools but Arsenal stuck by him and funded his education. He loved the club and the fans, vice versa too. Then he went and spoke to Chelsea with no permission at all, he thought £55k a week was a joke but then joined Chelsea for £60k a week. He's a cunt of the highest order.

Arsenal made him and he repaid them with agreeing to join their rivals without permission. Neutral
    My mate told me in his auto-biography it said " I was getting paid peanuts at Arsenal" rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:01 am

Danny wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Danny wrote:

True... I have nothing against them earning that much, because it's coming out of the club. Just think some of the cost in football, player wages, tickets, some transfer fees are getting ridiculously high.

Only one set of people to blame for that. The fans.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:03 am

Mal wrote:People don't realise, we hate him mainly because of loyalty. He was Arsenal through and through, he joined our academy at a very young age. He was a nuisance in school, he was kicked out of schools but Arsenal stuck by him and funded his education. He loved the club and the fans, vice versa too. Then he went and spoke to Chelsea with no permission at all, he thought £55k a week was a joke but then joined Chelsea for £60k a week. He's a cunt of the highest order.

This.. and to rub salt in the wounds he was also an Arsenal fan.

People could understand why Adebayor is a dick just as he left us but Cole is so much worse
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:27 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:Or dear, I phrased that badly. Ashley Cole is world class, just not world class class. He is not a great of the game in the same way we remember Maradona or Roberto Carlos or how we will remember Messi or Ronaldo today. Though many people i've encountered on here seem to think he would.

You admit to wording things badly then proceed to use a phrase nobody has ever heard before. What's the difference between "world class" and "world class class"? How many layers of "world classness" are there? Is there a category called "world class class class"? Is there a "world world class" category, or even a "world world class class" category? What about "world class world class"?
    It was meant in more of in a way, that yes, he is good. World Class perhaps. But he is not at the level of the greats of the game.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:44 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Or dear, I phrased that badly. Ashley Cole is world class, just not world class class. He is not a great of the game in the same way we remember Maradona or Roberto Carlos or how we will remember Messi or Ronaldo today. Though many people i've encountered on here seem to think he would.

If Ashley Cole is not world class because he won't go down as a great of the game like Maradona or Pele, then surely the only world class players today are Messi and Ronaldo? No other players today would go down as legends of the game.

-----

On Cole's wages, I do think 'nearly crashing his car' and 'feeling sick' are extreme, but I don't have a problem with him complaining about the wages. No matter what industry you're in, you want to be paid the going rate. He was a lot better than other players in the team but was probably on a substantially lower wage as he'd come through the youth team.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:33 am

Ben wrote:

If Ashley Cole is not world class because he won't go down as a great of the game like Maradona or Pele, then surely the only world class players today are Messi and Ronaldo? No other players today would go down as legends of the game.

-----

On Cole's wages, I do think 'nearly crashing his car' and 'feeling sick' are extreme, but I don't have a problem with him complaining about the wages. No matter what industry you're in, you want to be paid the going rate. He was a lot better than other players in the team but was probably on a substantially lower wage as he'd come through the youth team.

Of course. However, when people are struggling around the world for food everyday, to come out and say that amount isn't enough is disgraceful.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:28 pm