Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
fergiesrednose
wellz
dena
blackskar
LFC_Grunners
Dean
luke.
Hitchy
Zzonked
menalawyerguy
Mustangt125
SBSP
AriseForLife
17 posters

Vieira: Tevez is as good as Henry

AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Vieira: Tevez is as good as Henry Empty Vieira: Tevez is as good as Henry

Post by AriseForLife Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Patrick Vieira wrote:"Carlos is as good as Thierry Henry," said Vieira. "They are different players, but when you want to win trophies you need a striker who can score 20 to 25 goals a season."

Tevez is a fantastic player, but he is not as good as Henry, nor does he mean the same to the team as Henry did for Arsenal. Tevez doesn't draw near as much attention or contribute as much as Henry. Is Carlos a hard worker that gives his all? Yes, but Henry did no less for us.

Thoughts?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Vieira: Tevez is as good as Henry Empty Re: Vieira: Tevez is as good as Henry

Post by SBSP Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Well, I think I can summarise my opinion completely and briefly.

rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:32 pm

Oh dear.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:33 pm

20-25 goals a season? Henry was worth 50+ 2 seasons in a row.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Tevez, Vieira fags. Henry = lejendo
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWT7f_YI8t0

The only thing faster than Henry in that vid is your jaw dropping. Neutral

Yes, I know he missed. Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:05 pm

Fuck thats fast. Neutral
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:07 pm

When I first saw it, I thought, "That can't be real. That's not human. eek" eek2
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:38 pm

That is ridiculous speed.

As for Patrick, I can't imagine what would make him say such a silly thing. I wish there was more of the full interview posted on Soccernet.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Tevez is a great striker no doubt about that. But Henry was elite, the next level. Made from the same stuff as Ronaldo, Messi and Cristiano.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Maybe he means right now..as in, at this very moment. In that case, you'd have to agree. Tevez, on present form, is better than Henry.

However, under that standard, Heskey is better than Pele (fuck, I might be better than Pele).
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:09 pm

Pffft.

Tevez is better. shifty
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:32 pm

Gareth Barry is as good as Makelele and Micah Richards is as good as Cafu
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Hitchy wrote:Gareth Barry is as good as Makelele and Micah Richards is as good as Cafu

I remember you being mad bitter at City on the old forum too Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:28 pm

Hitchy wrote:Gareth Barry is as good as Makelele and Micah Richards is as good as Cafu
    At what? Doing push ups?
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:44 pm

Zzonked wrote:

I remember you being mad bitter at City on the old forum too Laughing
    I would've taken the piss if someone from another team made a similar silly comparison, in this case it's Vieira. But yeah, I hate City too
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:50 pm

Probably taken out of context a bit, like most cases. But if not.. what a cunt Neutral
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:51 pm

Tevez is nowhere near as good as Henry. Insulting.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:51 pm

Gonna love watching to City fail to win anything again this season! At least it aint as bad as Mario's comment last week
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:54 pm

No. Just no Neutral
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:58 pm

This is clearly one of those times where a player who played for one club, moves to another club, and compares a great player from his first club to his current club, even though the comparison has no merit, happens all the time. Judging by his second comment though, I think that Vieria is just trying to say... Tevez is to City what Henry was to Arsenal. Or something. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:38 am

Vieira: Tevez is as good as Henry 425670
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:23 am

dena wrote:This is clearly one of those times where a player who played for one club, moves to another club, and compares a great player from his first club to his current club, even though the comparison has no merit, happens all the time. Judging by his second comment though, I think that Vieria is just trying to say... Tevez is to City what Henry was to Arsenal. Or something. Neutral

That's what I was thinking also, but even using that train of though, I still think Henry's importance to Arsenal is leaps and bounds greater than Carlos to Manchester City.
    wellz
    wellz

Supports : The Troops

Post by wellz Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:30 am

I think its safe to say all City players talk out of their asses.
    fergiesrednose
    fergiesrednose

Post by fergiesrednose Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:53 am

fuck that. old iron neck is no where near as good as henry. fact

Mad

fucking city think they're the bees knees now they've got abit of cash. small club, small mentality.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:56 am

Here's a question, If Tevez played for the same standard he's at now, for another 5 years (more or less matching Henry's time at Arsenal) would you all be scoffing? He'd have roughly the same number of goals.

(Okay I know that's very hypothetical and doesn't really justify Vieira's quote now but just humor me)
    fergiesrednose
    fergiesrednose

Post by fergiesrednose Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:03 am

fuck off you city cunt. tevez is utter shite.

34 years and counting. Fuck you
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:44 am

Zzonked wrote:Here's a question, If Tevez played for the same standard he's at now, for another 5 years (more or less matching Henry's time at Arsenal) would you all be scoffing? He'd have roughly the same number of goals.

(Okay I know that's very hypothetical and doesn't really justify Vieira's quote now but just humor me)

Tevez will never be like Henry, he doesn't have the physical attributes for one
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:53 am

Tom wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:Here's a question, If Tevez played for the same standard he's at now, for another 5 years (more or less matching Henry's time at Arsenal) would you all be scoffing? He'd have roughly the same number of goals.

Tevez will never be like Henry, he doesn't have the physical attributes for one

Why quote me if you weren't really replying to my post/answering my question?
    fergiesrednose
    fergiesrednose

Post by fergiesrednose Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:02 am

delusional, trying to compare a shite argie cunt with a burnt neck to an artist with flair, imagination and good looks!! twat

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 8:17 am