Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Barton
Jamie
Walcott
Theo Filippo
The Zlatan
Ben
crump
11 posters

The Second Leg vs Ipswich + Arshavin

crump
    crump

The Second Leg vs Ipswich + Arshavin  Empty The Second Leg vs Ipswich + Arshavin

Post by crump Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:07 am

Well, firstly after that poor performance yesterday. I believe that was a shambles, the team was fine, nothing wrong with it. Certainly not at the back against a struggling Championship side. I believe the problem comes from the more "Lazy-itus" affected players within the squad, mainly Arshavin, and well make your own assumptions about Bendtner and Denilson. Arshavin was just like Saturday. It looked like, ah well another chance missed we'll get a goal. Almost underestimating our opponents sometimes. Which might of been the root cause of Leeds, West Brom and Ipswich. I believe we'll win. But If I'm honest I'd like Nasri, van Persie and a few other first teamers to start. Or bring them on as subs just to make sure. If we don't win the second leg, which I'm 90% sure we will, serious question will be asked.

Secondly, does anyone know whats happened to Arshavin, it doesn't help he's our record signing. Yes he's been amazing and great, but what the fuck is he playing at now? He looks like a 30 year old Hereford player thats been dumped into a Barcelona training session.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

The Second Leg vs Ipswich + Arshavin  Empty Re: The Second Leg vs Ipswich + Arshavin

Post by Ben Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:27 am

Fucking hell, bit early. Also, this could just go in the Arsenal thread/
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

The Second Leg vs Ipswich + Arshavin  Empty Re: The Second Leg vs Ipswich + Arshavin

Post by The Zlatan Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:29 am

When most players go off form, it means there's most probably something wrong off the pitch. Personally, I think he's probably just fed up with life in London. It's such a shame to see a player like Arshavin that can change a game with one kick of the ball playing so badly.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:32 am

When arshavin plays, team pressure is almost non-existent and thats how we have been winning games with high pressure
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:37 am

Thing that pisses me off about Arshavin is that when he loses the ball, he doesn't try and get the ball back, no attempt whatsoever.

I bet he's not happy because he hasn't been playing much recently, due to Nasri playing in his position who has been 10x better and works his socks off every game..
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:39 am

This isn't a match thread btw.

Hasn't Arshavin's wife (him also?) never like life in London?
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:53 am

I've been saying for a season or so now that he's overrated.

People say bullshit like "oh you're just bitter he scored 4 against you" etc but the fact is he's been shit for a season.

He used a number of excuses last season: Russia not qualifying depressing him, playing through injury and playing out of position. Truth is he just turned out to be a lazy player not as good as 1st thought. See Adebayor.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:03 am

I agree with Jamie, Arshavin is overated. He was load of wank against us (not judging him on one performance). Neutral

You shouldn't play Bendtner as well. Come to think of it, i don't even know how Bendtner is even playing for a team like Arsenal.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:52 am

Arshavin is not "wank" He is class
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:54 am

He's a good player, just overated. And he was probably the worst player on the pitch against us. Neutral
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:03 am

In my opinion, I think Arshavin would be the best attacking player at our club if he had the same work ethic as Nasri. Like I said before, he has the ability to change a game with one kick of the ball, but he is too lazy at the moment, and because of that he has gone off form, which has affected his confidence and therefore it shows on the pitch. It really doesn't help that certain 'fans' are booing him, but I do also have to admit that it is frustrating that he has been off form for such a long period of time. Who knows, maybe he peaked in his career in his first season with us, which would be a great shame, or, like I also said earlier, he may just be unhappy, but either way, let's just hope that he can rectify it.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:18 am

Playing shit for about a season and a half isn't bad form. Form is more like a monthly period imo.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:36 am

Fucking hell, Bendtner is terrible, im sorry but how does he play for Arsenal?
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:58 am

Bendtner isn't terrible for his age but he's hardly someone we can rely on atm.

Djourou and Song went through periods where they weren't going to make it, and now they're looking like the real deals.

Anyway, always loved Arshavin and his talent is obvious but his ethic has gone out the window.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:09 am

I guess so, i would rather him over N'gog tbh,
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:21 am

Arshavin hasn't been playing shit for a season rofl 7 goals and 13 assists this season.

He plays like a couple games class, scoring and setting up goals then plays shit for a couple then class again, he's just inconsistent.

He was absolute quality against Villa and Fulham i'd say his 2 best games this season but then he went off form then played well in the Wigan game scoring and setting up Bendtner now he's on a run of 2 games off form.

People forget he's a CF playing left wing.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:31 am

Ironically he doesnt perform well at home except for like 2 games (thanks 'fans')
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:05 am

Arshavin is a bum and has always been one in my opinion. For someone with so much talent it amazes me how much he can be a complete non-factor. For some odd reason other Arsenal supporters love the guy, but I think he is garbage and have voiced my opinion of his play for the better part of 2 seasons.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:06 am

Honestly, people are going too far with this Arshavin bashing, class player.. he is a bit lazy but he's helped Arsenal a lot this season.. hasn't been shit. Neutral
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:19 am

How are we going too far? Arshavin isn't doing anything this season or last season for that matter that would justify paying him the £80,000/week he gets.

He is a very talented player, but as I said after the Euros, he is extremely over-hyped and he has proven that much. One could argue that he would be better playing in the middle of the park, but personally I don't think that excuse would be valid considering that many other Arsenal players are natural inside players that are playing out of position and flourishing.

I have been hard on him for years now, but that is because he has yet to actually prove to me that he belongs in the Arsenal team or actually cares about the club other than a paycheck and to be in the EPL.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:21 am

AriseForLife wrote:How are we going too far? Arshavin isn't doing anything this season or last season for that matter that would justify paying him the £80,000/week he gets.

He is a very talented player, but as I said after the Euros, he is extremely over-hyped and he has proven that much. One could argue that he would be better playing in the middle of the park, but personally I don't think that excuse would be valid considering that many other Arsenal players are natural inside players that are playing out of position and flourishing.

I have been hard on him for years now, but that is because he has yet to actually prove to me that he belongs in the Arsenal team or actually cares about the club other than a paycheck and to be in the EPL.
    Stopped reading there. He has 7 goals 13 assists, that means almost a third of our whole teams goals hes either made or scored.

You're an ugly, stupid, deluded cunt.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:24 am

Only problem with him is you don't know which one will turn up. Sometimes he's a matchwinner and the next couple of times he's rubbish. I don't think he should be one relied on to change the game as he's just not consistent enough. I really don't know if it's worth the gamble if you have Nasri, RVP, Chamakh and Walcott all available. Neutral
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:26 am

kyro7 wrote:Honestly, people are going too far with this Arshavin bashing, class player.. he is a bit lazy but he's helped Arsenal a lot this season.. hasn't been shit. Neutral

He has been shit relative to his talent. Should be doing far better. Producing 1 moment of magic every few games is pathetic output for a player of his natural ability, but that's what he's been doing for over a year now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:28 am

Jamie wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Honestly, people are going too far with this Arshavin bashing, class player.. he is a bit lazy but he's helped Arsenal a lot this season.. hasn't been shit. Neutral

He has been shit relative to his talent. Should be doing far better. Producing 1 moment of magic every few games is pathetic output for a player of his natural ability, but that's what he's been doing for over a year now.
    You talking about Torres?.. Or Gerrard?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:28 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    Jamie wrote:

Laughing
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:54 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    Jamie wrote:

No, Arshavin obviously. What have Gerrard and Torres got to do with this?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:55 am

Jamie wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Jamie wrote:

He was taking the mick. Razz
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:57 am

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Jamie wrote:

He was taking the mick. Razz

I know. Neutral
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:58 am

Whose Mick?
    ahhh I am also taking the mick about taking the mick out of mick.
    The Second Leg vs Ipswich + Arshavin  209254
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:13 pm

Its true i was taking the micky mouse.

But seriously Arshavin is shit in some games and he's class in some. The amount of goals he contributes and sets up is brilliant at any level. People can slag him off all they want but he's hot and cold and thats it.

He's not just here for the money Arise you thick twat, he took a pay cut just to join us. Plus if he doesn't play who is going to fill his shoes.. Vela? Fucking mother fuck off!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:27 am