Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
ShakerMatty
Cadbury
Fanatic
Drake
SBSP
blackskar
Kuled
Danny
Keanoo
LeBron
Walcott
Barton
Ben
Jord
Lux
Cornholio
20 posters

Nigel Pearsons Black & Amber Army (Hull City thread)

Kuled

Nigel Pearsons Black & Amber Army (Hull City thread) - Page 3 Empty Re: Nigel Pearsons Black & Amber Army (Hull City thread)

Post by Kuled Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:38 am

I remember winning the league with hull on fifa 09 using Geovanni on BAP cheers
    Anonymous

Nigel Pearsons Black & Amber Army (Hull City thread) - Page 3 Empty Re: Nigel Pearsons Black & Amber Army (Hull City thread)

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:56 am

Tom Cairney & Bostock look like good players for the future tbh.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:48 am

Bostock will go back to Spurs though. I'm not too sure about Fryatt or McLean, like you said, I'd pay the full £1.5m for Austin.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:02 am

Ben10 wrote:Bostock will go back to Spurs though. I'm not too sure about Fryatt or McLean, like you said, I'd pay the full £1.5m for Austin.

Fryatt i'm 100% sure on. NP got the best of him at Leicester and I trust him to do it again.

I would honestly prefer Austin instead of Mclean. Mclean scored 8 league goals for a relegated Peterborough side last season. Surely he'll be able to get 15+ in a better team.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:07 am

James ♠ wrote:
    Ben10 wrote:Bostock will go back to Spurs though. I'm not too sure about Fryatt or McLean, like you said, I'd pay the full £1.5m for Austin.

Fryatt i'm 100% sure on. NP got the best of him at Leicester and I trust him to do it again.

I would honestly prefer Austin instead of Mclean. Mclean scored 8 league goals for a relegated Peterborough side last season. Surely he'll be able to get 15+ in a better team.

Good point, forgot about the NP connection. I was just basing it off how he's not even getting a run of games in a struggling Leicester side at the minute.

Hmm, not sure McLean would get 15, everything Peterborough did last season went through him and Boyd, so it's no surprise he managed to get 8.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:08 am

Hull 18th in the league will finish top 6 this season.

TIGERS FTW!!

/Trying to make James like me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:09 am

Ben10 wrote:
    James ♠ wrote:

Good point, forgot about the NP connection. I was just basing it off how he's not even getting a run of games in a struggling Leicester side at the minute.

Hmm, not sure McLean would get 15, everything Peterborough did last season went through him and Boyd, so it's no surprise he managed to get 8.

Peterborough where pretty poor last season though werent they?

Our strikeforce would be Fryatt, Mclean and Simpson. Not bad for Championship. The one thing it seems to lack is a target man though. Think that is why we wanted Austin.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:10 am

kyro7 wrote:Hull 18th in the league will finish top 6 this season.

TIGERS FTW!!

/Trying to make James like me.

We was in similar position to this when we got promoted last time.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:12 am

Well you might do it again.

If so I'll be quoting that post.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:15 am

James ♠ wrote:
    Ben10 wrote:
    James ♠ wrote:

Peterborough where pretty poor last season though werent they?

Our strikeforce would be Fryatt, Mclean and Simpson. Not bad for Championship. The one thing it seems to lack is a target man though. Think that is why we wanted Austin.

Yeah they were but still, if every single one of your team-mates is trying to get the ball to you you're bound to score a few.

And yeah it's good, surely you'd have to rotate though? Why's Simpson not been scoring?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:20 am

Settling in I think.

I think the idea of having 3 strikers is to rotate, play with 2 up top.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:26 am

James ♠ wrote:Settling in I think.

I think the idea of having 3 strikers is to rotate, play with 2 up top.

McCormack is having the same problem, can't wait till he finally bangs in his first goal.

And yeah I know, just thought you meant you'd play them all at the same time because of the way you worded it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:29 am

Likely line up will be

-----------Mannone
    Roseinor-Ayala-Gerrard-Dawson
    Koren---Ashbee-Harper-Stewart
    ----------ST-ST

Not sure which 2 strikers would start.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:43 am

Stating the obvious considering your defensive record, but that defence is quality
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:52 am

Yeah, that is our strong point. The attack isn't too bad though. Koren is a class act and can win a game alone. Stewart is fast tricky winger. Just needed strikers to score.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Koren's quality, wish we'd got him. Don't actually know whether we went after him or not.

Yeah you've made some right loan signings, Bostock, Stewart, Mannone and Ayala.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:18 pm

Mannone is fuckin quality.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Ben10 wrote:Koren's quality, wish we'd got him. Don't actually know whether we went after him or not.

Yeah you've made some right loan signings, Bostock, Stewart, Mannone and Ayala.

Gerrard from Cardiff on loan has been a great signing as well.

NP has done a really good job in my opinion. He has spent 50k before we got takenover and brought in;

Koren
    Simpson
    Roseinor
    Harper
    Bostock
    Ayala
    Mannone
    Gerrard
    Stewart

NP and Steve Walsh(I think his name is) have a reputation of picking out the correct players, and most of the time they are fairly young players. I'd be pretty excited if we got to the Premier League because I don't reckon these 2 would need to spend loads to get a squad capable of staying up.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:14 pm

How is Ayala for you?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:38 pm

Injured right now, but class when he is played.

Roy better let us have him for rest of season.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:43 pm

Simpson cost more than £50k didn't he?

Hull seemed to trump us to the best free-transfers available Sad

So you've got 5 loanees then? Are any with a view to a permanent deal?

I didn't think our loans were impressive but then we've used the emergency loan because our defence was shite to get O'Brien and McCartney who are quality.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:08 pm

Simpson was 50k up front. It will rise to something like 500k with add ons.

Not are with a view to perm deal I don't think.

Although I reckon we'll sign Gerrard perm in the summer. Stewarts contract runs out at the end of the season for Man U so if he does well we may well try sign him.

Mannone and Ayala, i'm really not sure. Mannone isn't getting his chance at Arsenal so maybe if we went up we might be able to tempt him? Same with Ayala I guess.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:48 pm

Ahh right, got an even better deal out of Simpson then. Were the add ons monthly instalments or based on goals/apps?

Yeah I reckon we may get offered Watt at the end of the season cause he seems to be going nowhere back at Arsenal. I reckon you'll end up signing Gerrard too. Hope we get O'Brien and McCartney on a perm basis.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:01 pm

I think the add ons are on how many goals scored and we definately know there is promotion clause in there.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:56 pm

Stewart stays with Tigers :
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6611048,00.html?

Mclean agrees Tigers deal :
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11714_6610757,00.html?

Hull City in talks with Leicester striker Matty Fryatt :
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9318149.stm?

Hull City boss Nigel Pearson leaves Halmosi door open :
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/9318178.stm?
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:01 am

James ♠ wrote:Simpson was 50k up front. It will rise to something like 500k with add ons.

Not are with a view to perm deal I don't think.

Although I reckon we'll sign Gerrard perm in the summer. Stewarts contract runs out at the end of the season for Man U so if he does well we may well try sign him.

Mannone and Ayala, i'm really not sure. Mannone isn't getting his chance at Arsenal so maybe if we went up we might be able to tempt him? Same with Ayala I guess.
    Ayala is only 20. But as much as I like him I don't think he's better than Wilson or Kelly.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:34 am

Thanks for that Jela. Didn't realise deal had been agreed with Mclean yet, Fryatt to follow soon i'm assuming. Doubt either will be ready for boxing day game though.

I don't know Jord, he has looked ace for us. I know it is only the Championship but it is pretty much the standard (if not better) of the SPL. Wilson has barely played for Liverpool.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:38 am

Just thought, Mclean can't play till New Years Day anyway. Forgot the transfer window doesn't open till the 1st. Laughing
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:40 am

Nigel Pearsons Black & Amber Army (Hull City thread) - Page 3 Ayala-hull-city

He looks like a fucking maniac, plus he's massive. I can't find anymore pictures of him Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:00 am

Nigel Pearsons Black & Amber Army (Hull City thread) - Page 3 0,,10338~9054202,00

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:22 pm