Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
The Zlatan
Grenade
Sean
El_indian
Glen Miller
ResurrectionRooney
Childish Logic
KeyserSoze
RessurectionRooney
Free_Mustache_Rides
Theo Filippo
Ra's al Ghul
vel
Weather130
Scott_LFC
19 posters

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15

Scott_LFC

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 7 Empty Re: Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15

Post by Scott_LFC Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:00 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:I still think Kane is rubbish. He runs like a bell ringer, he can't dribble, he isn't fast, he's not strong, he's movement isn't anything special and neither is his shooting. Watching him play I'm amazed he's got 19 PL goals.

So many of his goals have been jammy as fuck, though. Take today, for example, he scored a hat-trick.. 1st one was a tap in from less than 1 yard away, 2nd one was a huge deflection and 3rd one was a penalty.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 7 Empty Re: Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15

Post by Glen Miller Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:09 pm

FCB wrote:Makes you think about the quality of the Premier League.
    It has improved so much that defenses only allow jammy goals to be scored, hence why scrappers like Costa and Kane are leading the way while Aguero and Sanchez are lagging behind.  A few years ago you might have seen Robin van Persie peeling off of the back of Carragher and lashing in a volley, but the modern Premier League defender is too good for that so you're better off just lumping it into the box and hoping that a bounce goes your way.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:58 pm

Quite excited for this Liverpool/United game today. Hopefully Liverpool win 8-0. Smile
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:35 am

Stevie G, Liverpool legend, will be missed.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:35 am

Couldn't make that up.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:36 am

Well, you could but I'd say it was far fetched.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:40 am

I thought the red was for the first challenge (on Mata?) initially, then I realized that he had followed up his lunge with a stamp.  At least it puts the "he's old so he can add a cool head" myth to death.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:41 am

Yeah it was definitely intentional and definitely deserved everything he got.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:47 am

There's not really much you can do with 10 men vs the best #10 in world football.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:49 am

This game is over now, even before Gerrard did his thing United were very good. Best I've seen them play under van Gaal.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:24 am

Horrendous performance even without being let down by our most experienced player.  Sakho and Mignolet were really the only ones to give a decent account of themselves.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:36 am

I was in two minds whether I should have tuned in to watch the second half of that game after missing the first, I'm glad I did. Laughing
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:45 am

Neville is such a batty crease. Criticises Mignolet for what has by all accounts a fantastic finishes by Mata then underplays a fantastic penalty save by saying it was a poor one from Rooney and then to top it off he refuses to blame De Gea for some horrendous keeping by fabricating an imaginary deflection for the Sturridge goal. In my opinion he's the worst pundit on TV.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:57 am

I told you Mata was good.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:58 am

He bites the bullet so often.  He makes these big claims about certain players and then highlights any evidence that somewhat supports his claim while rejecting anything contradictory.  He clearly wants to marry De Gea and Courtois in some sort of polygamous arrangement, while his "analysis" of why Mignolet is a terrible keeper has just made him ignore the progress he has made this season.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:09 am

Spot on. Like how before the game he said Mata was a defensive liability, he said he commented on it in the Spurs game but that Tottenham didn't expose him but he still stands by it and that Liverpool could expose him. Lol, no. Mata did very well defensively today.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:12 am

Diego Costa was another example.  He praised his aggression while Costa was smashing them in, then refused to back down after the infamous League Cup match, resorting to the pathetic "if he were in your team you'd love him" argument that you would expect from online trolls or the more delusional fans on forums.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:15 am

Also I thought Gerrards red was very poignant. Their is this myth surrounding how Gerrard is always Liverpools saviour yet he routinely seems to cost them. All the pundits were saying how it would be a dream for Gerrard to score a last minute winner and I'm sure Gerrard wanked to that idea in the toliets before coming on but 30secs later he's sent off and potentially cost Liverpool top 4.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:21 am

The Liverpool fan in me was annoyed, the football fan in me was pretty satisfied.  There have been a few Liverpool-Manchester United matches where the referees have let ridiculous challenges go-Atkinson himself was pretty lenient today in the first half-but you have to be an absolute idiot not to recognize the difference between a slightly rash challenge (his first tackle) and violent conduct. 

It's extremely liberating to be a proud hater of Gerrard.  I had an irrational affection for Suarez and that compelled me to defend him at times, but I feel no such obligation towards Gerrard and it's brilliant reading online as people try to either justify his actions, blame the referee, or brush it under the carpet by saying that we would have lost anyway.  This might actually be the turning point in the media's view of him, it's just a shame it's taken well over a decade.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:22 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I told you Mata was good.
    He's a brilliant player, no doubt, just not the best #10 in world football, no matter the physiological processes he provokes in your body.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:28 am

Lol at Chelsea. Doubt Neville would criticise Courtois even for that.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:41 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:I told you Mata was good.
    He's a brilliant player, no doubt, just not the best #10 in world football, no matter the physiological processes he provokes in your body.

Who is better?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:51 am

Ozil.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:56 am

Carragher refusing to blame Courtois. Just wow....
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:03 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Ozil.

Sarcasm or?
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:53 am

There was a deflection in Sturridge's goal though.

Also Carragher didnt say Courtois wasnt at fault, he was just saying that Ivanovic didnt help with that back pass.

We were so shit today really, Ivanovic had a nightmare first half.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:06 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Ozil.

Sarcasm or?

No I'm serious.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:11 am

Wtf, Gerrard.. mis-controlled the ball badly and then slipped against Chelsea last season to cost us the PL title and now he's done this, potentially costing us 4th place. (I feel we would have gotten a draw if that didn't happen, but who knows?)

What a twat. Silver lining is that he's banned for 3 games now. If we make it to the FA Cup final, he'll probably do something idiotic again, though.

Sad to see a player who I pretty much idolised, growing up (gave me such happy moments, such as Istanbul and the Gerrard FA Cup final) turn to utter shit. It's spoils the legacy he'll leave at Liverpool.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:13 am

Özil is better than Mata.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:16 am

Sean wrote:There was a deflection in Sturridge's goal though.

Also Carragher didnt say Courtois wasnt at fault, he was just saying that Ivanovic didnt help with that back pass.

We were so shit today really, Ivanovic had a nightmare first half.

No, he said Courtois was shaping to clear it but then the Hull player was blocking his path so it was "understable" to check back inside but then he was let down by his defenders and heavy touch when he cut inside.

Nothing wrong with Ivanovic's back pass at all, you see that countless times week in week out. It was Courtois thinking he's better than what he actually is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:16 pm