Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Scott_LFC
Keyser Söze
Theo Filippo
Sean
Eternal Witcher
Free_Mustache_Rides
Grenade
El_indian
Scuba Steve
Stranger
dena
FCB
Glen Miller
Zzonked
The Zlatan
SBSP
20 posters

Balotelli v Welbeck - Who will score more goals this season?

Poll

Who will score more goals this season?

[ 6 ]
    Balotelli v Welbeck - Who will score more goals this season? - Page 2 Bar_left43%Balotelli v Welbeck - Who will score more goals this season? - Page 2 Bar_right [43%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Balotelli v Welbeck - Who will score more goals this season? - Page 2 Bar_left57%Balotelli v Welbeck - Who will score more goals this season? - Page 2 Bar_right [57%] 

Total Votes: 14
    Sean

Balotelli v Welbeck - Who will score more goals this season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Balotelli v Welbeck - Who will score more goals this season?

Post by Sean Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:26 am

I mean people love to have players that are consistently derided just look at the likes of Ramsey, few would have seen how much his form would have improved
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Balotelli v Welbeck - Who will score more goals this season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Balotelli v Welbeck - Who will score more goals this season?

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:30 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Scuba Steve wrote:So much so they are posting GIFs of other players and passing them off as him.

What?

Not sure why you needed to add Emil in there for emphasis.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:37 am

Scuba Steve wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

What?

You posted three GIFs of Welbeck. One of them isn't him.

He was saying Welbeck reminded him of Heskey shifty
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:39 am

Sean wrote:I mean people love to have players that are consistently derided just look at the likes of Ramsey, few would have seen how much his form would have improved

This is true, especially for English players, there are those (Henderson) who I just like to rag on, when they good you acknowledge the fact and move on to the next scrub, such is life.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:39 am

Sean wrote:
    Scuba Steve wrote:

You posted three GIFs of Welbeck. One of them isn't him.

Yeah, totally missed the "resembles" line. I was too blinded by my own agenda apparently.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:43 am

dena wrote:
    Sean wrote:I mean people love to have players that are consistently derided just look at the likes of Ramsey, few would have seen how much his form would have improved

This is true, especially for English players, there are those (Henderson) who I just like to rag on, when they good you acknowledge the fact and move on to the next scrub, such is life.
    Agreed. I had much more fun mocking Henderson and Downing back in the day than I do now praising Studge and Sterling.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:02 am

Scuba Steve wrote:
    Sean wrote:

Yeah, totally missed the "resembles" line. I was too blinded by my own agenda apparently.
    Silly sausage, I'm glad that never happens to me.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:13 am

Happens to the best of us, Sir Glen.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:45 am

He is not THAT bad. He'll do well.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:36 am

Welbeck will be more involved in build up play and pressing at Arsenal than just sniffing out tap-ins like Balotelli. Balotelli wil play in a far more attacking side and will probably get a few pens. So Balotelli will score more.
    Free_Mustache_Rides

Post by Free_Mustache_Rides Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:49 am

I chose Ballsotelli (as he was christened) because I believe it is the correct choice. And I want to feel vindicated when he scores more goals than Welbeck, and also because I'll feel the thrill of surprise if and when I'm wrong.
    Eternal Witcher
    Eternal Witcher

Post by Eternal Witcher Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:43 pm

Yeah, we win.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 am

Grenade wrote:Welbeck will be more involved in build up play and pressing at Arsenal than just sniffing out tap-ins like Balotelli. Balotelli wil play in a far more attacking side and will probably get a few pens. So Balotelli will score more.

Balotelli won't be taking penalties unless Gerrard is out, and if early indications (and last season) are anything to go by, Gerrard will be starting every PL game unless he's injured.

The amount of goals our duo scored last season was a freak, I think (Suarez 31, Sturridge 21). I think this season, the goals will be shared out a lot more. I expect Sturridge and Balotelli to both hit at least 15 each, and I expect Sterling to reach 15 too. Sterling is already our top scorer now, in fact, and really should have scored at the end of his dribble last Sunday.

I reckon something like this:

Sturridge - 15
    Balotelli - 15
    Sterling - 15
    Lallana - 10
    Gerrard - probably around 5-10 penalties
    Coutinho/Markovic/Lambert - 5 each
    And other goals being littered amongst the likes of Henderson, Can, Moreno, Lovren, Skrtel, etc.

Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:55 am

Are those league goals or all competitions?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:55 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Are those league goals or all competitions?
    League goals, hopefully.  15 goals for a team playing about 50 matches in a season would be shambolic for Sturridge.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:51 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Grenade wrote:Welbeck will be more involved in build up play and pressing at Arsenal than just sniffing out tap-ins like Balotelli. Balotelli wil play in a far more attacking side and will probably get a few pens. So Balotelli will score more.

Balotelli won't be taking penalties unless Gerrard is out, and if early indications (and last season) are anything to go by, Gerrard will be starting every PL game unless he's injured.

The amount of goals our duo scored last season was a freak, I think (Suarez 31, Sturridge 21). I think this season, the goals will be shared out a lot more. I expect Sturridge and Balotelli to both hit at least 15 each, and I expect Sterling to reach 15 too. Sterling is already our top scorer now, in fact, and really should have scored at the end of his dribble last Sunday.

I reckon something like this:

Sturridge - 15
    Balotelli - 15
    Sterling - 15
    Lallana - 10
    Gerrard - probably around 5-10 penalties
    Coutinho/Markovic/Lambert - 5 each
    And other goals being littered amongst the likes of Henderson, Can, Moreno, Lovren, Skrtel, etc.

Doubt Lallana will get 10 league goals tbh.
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:59 am

I mean obviously Scott never saw a game of Markovic before he came to Liverpool but he feels confident estimating how many goals he will score.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:06 am

He always does it, then when he's right like 1 out of 20 times he's like "Told you all I'm right. rofl"

Like his prediction to finish above Arsenal, just because he turned out to be right doesn't mean that it's a good prediction. Laughing
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:12 am

He also predicted Mignolet and Aspas would be good.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:37 am

Keyser Söze wrote:He also predicted Mignolet and Aspas would be good.

We've been through the Aspas thing. I proved to you with my old posts that I didn't rate him.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:36 am

Score so far

Balotelli - 1
    Welbeck - 0
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:36 am

1-1
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:07 am

Lelbeck - 2
    Flopotelli - 1
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:15 am

Lelbeck - 3
    FLOPotelli - 1
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:15 am

Zzonked wrote:Lelbeck - 2
    Flopotelli - 1

Lies.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:17 am

Nah dawg Lelbeck is going HAM in Europe.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:44 am

Too bad Scott is going through some personal stuff, otherwise he'd be in this thread gloating about.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:46 am

Balotelli 7 games 1 goal
    Godbeck 5 games 3 goals.

I guess Scotts GF being killed puts football into perspective there there
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:05 am

Last Arsenal player to score a hat trick in Europe? Nicklas Bendtner
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:29 am

In fact only Welbeck, Bendtner and Henry have CL hat tricks for Arsenal. Elite company there for young Danny.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:02 pm