Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Keyser Söze
Glen Miller
Scouser_Dave
Novi
Zzonked
Scott_LFC
ResurrectionRooney
11 posters

Van Gaal appointed United manager, Giggs retires (Confirmed)

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Van Gaal appointed United manager, Giggs retires (Confirmed) Empty Van Gaal appointed United manager, Giggs retires (Confirmed)

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue May 20, 2014 1:14 am

The interregnum is over. Giggs to take Steve Round's assistant position.
    Scott_LFC

Van Gaal appointed United manager, Giggs retires (Confirmed) Empty Re: Van Gaal appointed United manager, Giggs retires (Confirmed)

Post by Scott_LFC Tue May 20, 2014 1:29 am

Looking forward to nothing changing.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Van Gaal appointed United manager, Giggs retires (Confirmed) Empty Re: Van Gaal appointed United manager, Giggs retires (Confirmed)

Post by Zzonked Tue May 20, 2014 2:01 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10803583/Harold-Bishop-from-Neighbours-confused-with-Manchester-United-target-Louis-van-Gaal-in-gaffe.html

Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue May 20, 2014 2:24 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Looking forward to nothing changing.

Change is inevitable, it's a question of who deals with the changes.  Can you imagine The Chosen One rebuilding United in his image? More Fellainis and Baineses infesting Old Trafford with their mediocrity, ludicrous bids for other vastly over-rated Brits like Gareth Bale and £40m acquisitions of players who we have no need of.  Even worse if it was Giggs with Neville in his ear, 4-4-2 because it's the 'United way', Swan Lake has retired, hallelujah and all that shit.

This is great news for Manchester United.
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Novi Tue May 20, 2014 2:54 am

Looks like Liverpool won't be finishing in the top 4 next season. United will be back to their best soon enough...
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Tue May 20, 2014 3:27 am

Novi wrote:Looks like Liverpool won't be finishing in the top 4 next season. United will be back to their best soon enough...

You should be more worried about your own team than ours.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Tue May 20, 2014 3:32 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Novi wrote:Looks like Liverpool won't be finishing in the top 4 next season. United will be back to their best soon enough...

I do not agree.  We don't know whether we are the real deal yet, mate.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Tue May 20, 2014 3:37 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

If Suarez stays and we spend then I'd be very surprised if we dropped out of the top four next season.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue May 20, 2014 3:39 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:

If Suarez stays and we spend then I'd be very surprised if we dropped out of the top four next season.

Pick one.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue May 20, 2014 4:23 am

Laughing We finished 2nd. You narrowly scraped 4th. If anyone looks like not finishing in the top 4, it's Arsenal.

United will flop again, anyway.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue May 20, 2014 5:02 am

"Narrowly scraped"? We had about 3 weeks during the entire season where there was doubts about if we'd finish in the top 4.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Tue May 20, 2014 5:05 am

Only 5 points behind us as well. think
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue May 20, 2014 5:17 am

I dread to think how many people have predicted Arsenal to finish outside the top four and been proven wrong.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Tue May 20, 2014 3:27 pm

Scouser_Dave wrote:

Not really, we get told this every year and nothing changes.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue May 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:"Narrowly scraped"? We had about 3 weeks during the entire season where there was doubts about if we'd finish in the top 4.  

Yeah, at the business end. Could say the same with us. We only had a few weeks where it looked like the title was in our hands, but we still bottled it massively, just like you scraped 4th in a battle with Everton, after being top for the longest out of anyone in the season Laughing Now that's bottling.

It's okay, though. As soon as you were in your comfort zone, fighting for 4th, you managed to pull yourselves together.

Here's to another few years of just coming 4th.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue May 20, 2014 8:29 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:"Narrowly scraped"? We had about 3 weeks during the entire season where there was doubts about if we'd finish in the top 4.  

Yeah, at the business end. Could say the same with us. We only had a few weeks where it looked like the title was in our hands, but we still bottled it massively, just like you scraped 4th in a battle with Everton, after being top for the longest out of anyone in the season :lol:Now that's bottling.

It's okay, though. As soon as you were in your comfort zone, fighting for 4th, you managed to pull yourselves together.

You finish 2nd and we finish 4th yet we're still a better club than you, it's killing you  rofl I mean, you've tried to fit three "4th place" remarks in one post, that's desperate.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue May 20, 2014 9:19 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Yeah, at the business end. Could say the same with us. We only had a few weeks where it looked like the title was in our hands, but we still bottled it massively, just like you scraped 4th in a battle with Everton, after being top for the longest out of anyone in the season :lol:Now that's bottling.

You finish 2nd and we finish 4th yet we're still a better club than you, it's killing you  rofl I mean, you've tried to fit three "4th place" remarks in one post, that's desperate.

Think there's quite a few more trophies to go before you even remotely come close to Liverpool.

You haven't even won the European Cup, ffs. Better Club rofl
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue May 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

Think there's quite a few more trophies to go before you even remotely come close to Liverpool.

Oh God, you're bringing up history  rofl You really have become desperate.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue May 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

You're the one who said better Club, which is ultimately false because you're not even close.

Unless you meant to say you had the more successful season, which you did have.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue May 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

Is that not in itself a point of concern?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue May 20, 2014 9:31 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

You're the one who said better Club, which is ultimately false because you're not even close.

I mentioned our respective league positions this season so of course I meant this season. But we are a better club in general as well, I thought that was pretty obvious think 

You really think anyone in this day and age (bar Liverpool fans) cares what Liverpool won in the 70's and 80's? Laughing Why do you even care? You weren't even born then.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue May 20, 2014 9:37 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

I mentioned our respective league positions this season so of course I meant this season. But we are a better club in general as well, I thought that was pretty obvious think 

You really think anyone in this day and age (bar Liverpool fans) cares what Liverpool won in the 70's and 80's? Laughing Why do you even care? You weren't even born then.

The League position is a more accurate determination of which teams are better. We are currently the 2nd best team in the League and a 38 game season proved that. You are the 4th best.

Cup wins aren't really an accurate depiction of how good a team actually is. As shown by how smaller teams sometimes win them, like Wigan last season.

As for previous trophies, no I don't care about Cups I've not seen us win, but that doesn't mean to say it should be ignored when talking about how good/successful a Club is.

It's funny though, weren't you like, 7 years old when Arsenal last won a trophy? You haven't actually witnessed Arsenal win the Premier League, as a proper fan have you? In fact, in your years of being an Arsenal fan, this is your first trophy win, isn't it? rofl

Maybe one day you'll get to experience the feeling of winning the Champions League Smile

You may have to switch teams, though.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue May 20, 2014 11:16 pm

What are you talking about?  scratch  I've never seen Arsenal win the PL. I was about 3 when that happened.

We aren't all mature adults that work in Argos with degrees in media like you  Smile 
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue May 20, 2014 11:43 pm

I was 12-13 when Arsenal won the league, I mostly remember Theirry Henry scoring what seemed like every single week. That Arsenal team was incredible.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue May 20, 2014 11:46 pm

Did you do your Masters straight away after of University, Zzonked?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue May 20, 2014 11:57 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:What are you talking about?  scratch  I've never seen Arsenal win the PL. I was about 3 when that happened.

We aren't all mature adults that work in Argos with degrees in media like you  Smile 

rofl

No wonder you got so giddy over winning the FA Cup. there there
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed May 21, 2014 12:09 am

Zzonked wrote:I was 12-13 when Arsenal won the league, I mostly remember Theirry Henry scoring what seemed like every single week. That Arsenal team was incredible.

I was 15. I remember that Arsenal team so well. They played such good football those days. Mind-blowing football. I remember watching the likes of Pires and Ljungberg sprinting with the ball on the byline, and every time they hit the ball forward whilst sprinting, it never went out of play or onto the pitch, just stayed perfectly on the white line the whole time, until they cut in. Happened so much. Incredible control, and their passing was unbelievable at times. I remember that they never used to cross the ball. I remember talking to a friend about it prior to watching an Arsenal game and I said to him, "watch, they won't cross the ball once in 90 minutes". They did, once, it was Lauren, their full-back, but that was it. 1 cross. The rest was tiki-taka on the floor.

Also, the 49 game unbeaten run, until Rooney cheated them out of the big 50. I remember that game so well.

Looking back on it all now, it feels strange. Like, football has changed so much.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Wed May 21, 2014 12:17 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:

I meant in terms of our top 4 status
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed May 21, 2014 12:17 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

I meant in terms of our top 4 status

He knows that.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Wed May 21, 2014 12:21 am

My point was solely based on predictions every year that Arsenal will fall out of the top 4, irrespective of whether we improve on our top 4 status or stagnate (Which we haven't) is irrelevant.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:23 pm