Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Cam
AndItsKoren!
Jordi
Harrold
Carlos Jenkinson
9 posters

Ian Holloway appointed Crystal Palace Manager.

Anonymous

Ian Holloway appointed Crystal Palace Manager. Empty Ian Holloway appointed Crystal Palace Manager.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:44 pm

Slightly confusing, no?

Surely Blackpool have a better squad, plus they were sitting top of the league at the start for a bit. I know that Palace are like 6 places above right now, but I'd still say Blackpool had much, much better players at the moment.

Do they have money or something?

I'm just really confused. Laughing

PS. *inb4 Alex McLeish to Blackpool*
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Ian Holloway appointed Crystal Palace Manager. Empty Re: Ian Holloway appointed Crystal Palace Manager.

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:47 pm

He went for the City and the long contract most probably
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Ian Holloway appointed Crystal Palace Manager. Empty Re: Ian Holloway appointed Crystal Palace Manager.

Post by Harrold Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:50 pm

It's a sideways step if anything.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:50 pm

Karl Oyston is a massive bellpiece. That's why.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Palace only actually have like 2 decent players. Laughing

Murray (not even that good) and Zaha, who won't even be their by the end of January or the summer.

Blackpool are better in every department.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:04 am

Who do you reckon Blackpool will appoint to replace him? Billy Davies?
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:41 am

You've really shown how little you know about the Championship.

Moving to Palace is at least a sideways step, but I'd argue it's a step up. Good youth system, good fans, financially secure now.

We all know Blackpool's chairman is tight with the money, he also refuses to deal with agents IIRC.

Squad wise they are both equal, club wise I'd say Palace is bigger and more ambitious.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:04 am

He was also probably feeling a bit stagnant at Blackpool
    The Maestro
    The Maestro

Post by The Maestro Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:07 am

Templeton7|RFC wrote:Slightly confusing, no?

Surely Blackpool have a better squad, plus they were sitting top of the league at the start for a bit. I know that Palace are like 6 places above right now, but I'd still say Blackpool had much, much better players at the moment.

Do they have money or something?

I'm just really confused. Laughing

PS. *inb4 Alex McLeish to Blackpool*

agreed
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Post by Ben 10 Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:42 am

AndItsKoren! wrote:You've really shown how little you know about the Championship.

Moving to Palace is at least a sideways step, but I'd argue it's a step up. Good youth system, good fans, financially secure now.

We all know Blackpool's chairman is tight with the money, he also refuses to deal with agents IIRC.

Squad wise they are both equal, club wise I'd say Palace is bigger and more ambitious.

Here here..

Also said he was blown away by the ambition and facilities
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:49 am

I think Holloway can get them into the Premier League this season.

January will be a big month, they need to keep Zaha and that other lad of theirs.

Although It would be tempting to say no if offers in excess of £8m will be offered.
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:37 am

Templeton7|RFC wrote:Palace only actually have like 2 decent players. Laughing

Murray (not even that good) and Zaha, who won't even be their by the end of January or the summer.

Wait wut.

How the fuck is Speroni not a good player?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:41 am

Trent wrote:
    Templeton7|RFC wrote:Palace only actually have like 2 decent players. Laughing

Wait wut.

How the fuck is Speroni not a good player?

Didn't say he wasn't.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:26 pm