Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Sean
Grenade
dena
Scuba Steve
FCB
Zzonked
Scott_LFC
ResurrectionRooney
Dagbon
ayvee1
Clark
Yrael
Iscquin
Keyser Söze
Stranger
Eternal Witcher
Juvendinho
TheRangersFan
Jordan Henderchip
El_indian
SophisticatedBeggar
Phadunkin Donuts
Glen Miller
Ra's al Ghul
28 posters

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

SBSP
    SBSP

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by SBSP Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:05 pm

Wait, did the Academy literally forget Joan Rivers died? rofl Phenomenal.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Zzonked Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:55 pm

Ra's al Ghul wrote:Why would you use Oscar nominations as a frame of reference for what you should or shouldn't watch? They occasionally get it right but most of the time they do a terrible job of actually recognising the year's best material.

At the very least it is a list of significant films from the year. I try to watch most of the big films in any given year. It has helped with quiz general knowledge. Smile
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:35 am

I watched Chappie a few days ago, the first 75% of the film is great and I prefered it to district 9, the last 25% is pretty iffy though. I think the ending could have been a lot stronger. Also I loved Die Antwoord in it.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:51 pm

Kingsman was good. I didn't like Hot Tube Time Machine 2 as much as the first one.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:47 pm

I can't believe I've never seen This is Spinal Tap before, I've watched about 6 hours of clips today and it might be the funniest thing I have ever seen.  rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:47 am

The Prestige, one of the best films I've ever seen, really outstanding.  Much like Interstellar I wasn't too fond of
    Spoiler:

coming into the storyline but it didn't really detract from what was a hugely gripping, powerful film.

Current Nolan rankings

The Dark Knight
    The Dark Knight Rises
    The Prestige
    Interstellar
    Memento
    Inception
    Batman Begins

Last edited by ResurrectionRooney on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:50 am

To be fair, I think it added quite a bit to the story in the Prestige. In Interstellar it was copout bullshit.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:18 pm

Top film. It would definitely be in my top 10.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:03 pm

SBSP wrote:To be fair, I think it added quite a bit to the story in the Prestige. In Interstellar it was copout bullshit.

Interstellar I had less of a problem with it.

Spoiler:
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:17 am

Star Wars, Jurassic World, Batman v Superman trailers all released in the last few days. Thoughts?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:27 am

Star Wars - Massive meh for me, never liked those films

Jurassic World - Looks fucking retarded on many levels but will probably be a good watch

Batman v Superman - Think the concept's retarded, but that trailer had my hyped for it despite myself
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon May 11, 2015 8:52 am

Avengers 2 is decent. First was one better though imo.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Wed May 13, 2015 8:52 pm

SBSP wrote:Star Wars, Jurassic World, Batman v Superman trailers all released in the last few days. Thoughts?
    I'll watch Star Wars and Batman v Superman on opening day. Not even going to bother torrenting Jurassic World.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Sun May 17, 2015 9:33 pm

I really enjoyed the Stephen Hawking movie - 9/10

Age of Ultron - 5/10. meh.

Has anyone seen Montage of Heck?
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Mon May 18, 2015 6:42 am

I saw Mad Max last night and it was so shit. The only good part is the guitarist.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Fri May 22, 2015 8:19 pm

Mad Max- really entertaining movie. One of my two favorite movies so far this year. 
    Ex-Machina- my other favorite movie I've seen this year. 

I'd say both are must watch. Especially since there hasn't been anything worth watching this year until these two.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat May 23, 2015 7:00 pm

Can't tell if I liked Mad Max or not. I think it was amazing at whatever it was trying to do, but whatever that was isn't really my type of film.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed May 27, 2015 8:13 am

So you didn't like it. A better worded question would have been "I don't know if Mad Max was a good film or not?"
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed May 27, 2015 11:22 am

After reflecting on it, I think I did enjoy it. Just not as much as I might have.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:26 am

Jurassic World is quality.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:22 pm

SBSP wrote:Jurassic World is quality.
    I am seeing this tomorrow.  I know how highly all of you value my opinions on movies, so I will post a review.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:26 pm

Greatly looking forward to it.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:02 pm

SBSP wrote:Greatly looking forward to it.
    Yeah, me as well.  I am going with someone, it's the first time I won't be alone in a cinema for over a decade.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:03 am

Jurassic World was good, but it got really cheesy at times. A huge improvement on the third movie.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:17 pm

Hate Chris Pratt. He's the new male version of Jennifer Lawrence.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:31 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:Hate Chris Pratt. He's the new male version of Jennifer Lawrence.  
    I feel the same way.  I don't even think that either is particularly grotesque, I just resent their unflappable optimism, terrible jokes pandering to morons, and deification by the internet.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Post by Stranger Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:Hate Chris Pratt. He's the new male version of Jennifer Lawrence.  

They're going to be in a movie together.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:23 pm

Glen Miller wrote:
    I feel the same way.  I don't even think that either is particularly grotesque, I just resent their unflappable optimism, terrible jokes pandering to morons, and deification by the internet.

Exactly this. Also don't like their "Oh I can't believe I'm a big movie star" shit every time someone interviews them about their success.

Stranger wrote:

They're going to be in a movie together.

Read it's a Sci-Fi film, lol it'll be shit.

FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:16 am

Chris Pratt was good in Parks & Rec. It feels weird how suddenly famous he got after that.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:52 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    SBSP wrote:Jurassic World is quality.
    I am seeing this tomorrow.  I know how highly all of you value my opinions on movies, so I will post a review.

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 12 3870202-8052436065-3dfaa

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:05 pm