Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Keyser Söze
Theo Filippo
Scott M
The Zlatan
Phadunkin Donuts
9 posters

Arsenal making a push for top signings.

Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Arsenal making a push for top signings. Empty Arsenal making a push for top signings.

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:29 am

Arsenal making a push for top signings. BTGDNbqIYAAQryg
    Scott M

Arsenal making a push for top signings. Empty Re: Arsenal making a push for top signings.

Post by Scott M Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:14 am

In advanced talks for Ozil, but it stinks of a signing to please the fans. Don't you need a ST, CM and possibly a GK? You've got quite a few capable players that play in Ozil's position.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Arsenal making a push for top signings. Empty Re: Arsenal making a push for top signings.

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:16 am

Scott M wrote:In advanced talks for Ozil, but it stinks of a signing to please the fans. Don't you need a ST, CM and possibly a GK? You've got quite a few capable players that play in Ozil's position.
    Then why don't we spend 50 million a striker?

And we need a winger but by signing Ozil it means Cazorla stays out with so that we have Rosicky and Ozil primarily for the central spot.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:18 am

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Scott M wrote:In advanced talks for Ozil, but it stinks of a signing to please the fans. Don't you need a ST, CM and possibly a GK? You've got quite a few capable players that play in Ozil's position.
    Then why don't we spend 50 million a striker?

And we need a winger but by signing Ozil it means Cazorla stays out with so that we have Rosicky and Ozil primarily for the central spot.
    Probably because there's a limit as to what Wenger is okay with spending. 

I was under the impression that it was a striker you needed most. Aren't your only strikers Giroud and that french guy you got on a free?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:21 am

But if we wanted to sign a player to appease all of the fans (There are some morons who are actually questioning this potential signing) surely we would get a top class striker? 

It's changed to a winger since the start of the season, we'll still get a striker in but it'l probably be someone like Demba Ba.. and also we are allegedly getting Viviano in on loan who would be good competition for Szzzczczc
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:24 am

No doubt Ozil would be a good signing. Wouldn't be surprised if Man United hijack the deal or something, though. Which in turn, could mean Arsenal getting Rooney. 

I don't know, that's just wild guessing, lol.

I feel you need a top quality striker. Such as the ones you were after earlier in the window, i.e. Suarez, Higuain, Jovetic, etc.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:26 am

Jovetic isn't a top quality striker, not in the true sense anyway. It's unlikely we are getting to get a top one now anyway, oh well Giroud is beasting.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:27 am

inb4 we sign no one
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:27 am

Theo Filippo wrote:Jovetic isn't a top quality striker, not in the true sense anyway. It's unlikely we are getting to get a top one now anyway, oh well Giroud is beasting.
    For now.

What if he gets injured?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:28 am

Scott M wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:Jovetic isn't a top quality striker, not in the true sense anyway. It's unlikely we are getting to get a top one now anyway, oh well Giroud is beasting.
    For now.

What if he gets injured?
    The Demba Ba like signing.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:29 am

Not convinced that you'll get a ST.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:31 am

Scott, please stop embarrassing yourself Arsenal making a push for top signings. 3925848005 
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:33 am

Scott M wrote:Not convinced that you'll get a ST.
    Oh no.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:35 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Scott, please stop embarrassing yourself Arsenal making a push for top signings. 3925848005 
    How am I?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:44 am

@Scott, because you're trying to downplay the significance of signing someone like Ozil. I don't think Arsenal are too fussed about appeasing the fans to the extent of buying an unneeded player like you're trying to make out.

I'm still pessimistic about signing anyone but if we do I have a sinking feeling it'll be Kalou and Cabaye. Ozil is unhappy at Madrid but I don't see him wanting to come to Arsenal, he's better than both Di Maria and Benzema and they've both seemingly turned down moves to us. In a hypothetical situation if we did sign him it would free up room for both Lukas and Theo to play as a central striker. I can't understand why Theo would make such a fuss for months on end about playing as a striker and scoring 21 goals last season just to settle for staying on the wings. But, like I said I don't feel Ozil would want to move to Arsenal.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:50 am

Keyser Söze wrote:@Scott, because you're trying to downplay the significance of signing someone like Ozil. I don't think Arsenal are too fussed about appeasing the fans to the extent of buying an unneeded player like you're trying to make out.

I'm still pessimistic about signing anyone but if we do I have a sinking feeling it'll be Kalou and Cabaye. Ozil is unhappy at Madrid but I don't see him wanting to come to Arsenal, he's better than both Di Maria and Benzema and they've both seemingly turned down moves to us. In a hypothetical situation if we did sign him it would free up room for both Lukas and Theo to play as a central striker. I can't understand why Theo would make such a fuss for months on end about playing as a striker and scoring 21 goals last season just to settle for staying on the wings. But, like I said I don't feel Ozil would want to move to Arsenal.
    "No doubt Ozil would be a good signing"

I'm not trying to downplay it.

Ozil is better than anything you've got, and would obviously be a great signing but could the money be better spent to improve areas of the squad that need it?

It makes me think of our situation with Suarez. Basically, we're doing really well without our best player by a mile in the team. Arguably better than when he was in it. Could it be the same situation with Ozil and Arsenal? As in, will he actually make that much of a difference for Arsenal's overall push for a higher position? Because, adding Suarez to our current side doesn't actually make me feel like we'll improve that drastically. 

Genuine questions, btw.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:01 am

I said back when we were linked with Grenier in June that adding creativity to the squad was paramount. If Wenger intends to play Cazorla on the wing (and he's been playing there for a while now) then we only have Rosicky who can play as an attacking midfielder and he's almost guaranteed not to last the whole season. Ozil can also play on the wing and depth out wide has become even more necessary after Podolski and Chamberlain's injuries. I do believe that a striker is still required but it seems that Wenger is satisfied with Giroud, especially with his current form. I think we also desperately need a right back or a centre back so hopefully these issues are also addressed.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:29 am

Scott M wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:@Scott, because you're trying to downplay the significance of signing someone like Ozil. I don't think Arsenal are too fussed about appeasing the fans to the extent of buying an unneeded player like you're trying to make out.

"No doubt Ozil would be a good signing"

Ozil is better than anything you've got, and would obviously be a great signing but could the money be better spent to improve areas of the squad that need it?

It makes me think of our situation with Suarez. Basically, we're doing really well without our best player by a mile in the team. Arguably better than when he was in it. Could it be the same situation with Ozil and Arsenal? As in, will he actually make that much of a difference for Arsenal's overall push for a higher position? Because, adding Suarez to our current side doesn't actually make me feel like we'll improve that drastically. 

Genuine questions, btw.
    If we do sign a big name player I don't think it'll be the only player we sign. At this point its as much about squad depth as it is about quality. Wilshere just hobbled off, Sagna was ill today, Gibbs, Ramsey and Giroud looked like they pulled up towards the end. We already have Podolski, Arteta, Ox and Verm all out. Various new outlets are reporting that we are after at least three players.

If Ozil was somehow signed I think at the moment he'd be in the top three players in the PL. A player of that quality would improve us.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:40 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott M wrote:"No doubt Ozil would be a good signing"

Genuine questions, btw.
    If we do sign a big name player I don't think it'll be the only player we sign. At this point its as much about squad depth as it is about quality. Wilshere just hobbled off, Sagna was ill today, Gibbs, Ramsey and Giroud looked like they pulled up towards the end. We already have Podolski, Arteta, Ox and Verm all out. Various new outlets are reporting that we are after at least three players.

If Ozil was somehow signed I think at the moment he'd be in the top three players in the PL. A player of that quality would improve us.
    I've always wondered what's better. A single top class player signed, or 3 good. logical signings. For example, if I had the choice, would I prefer we had Suarez or the trio of Coutinho, Sturridge and Mignolet? 

You may get other others along with Ozil, but will those players be of the ilk you could have gotten if the Ozil money wasn't spent? 

There's probably no definitive answer, but it's interesting to think about.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:15 am

Scott M wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott M wrote:"No doubt Ozil would be a good signing"

Genuine questions, btw.

I've always wondered what's better. A single top class player signed, or 3 good. logical signings. For example, if I had the choice, would I prefer we had Suarez or the trio of Coutinho, Sturridge and Mignolet? 

You may get other others along with Ozil, but will those players be of the ilk you could have gotten if the Ozil money wasn't spent? 

I've always leant towards the more players option. Obviously it depends though. If the squad already has loads of depth and a top starting XI the one big player may be better.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:21 am

Regardless, I'm still not convinced we'll sign him. Like Scott said, Manchester United could and probably would be a preferable option for him.
    Yrael
    Yrael

Post by Yrael Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:23 am

Scott M wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:If we do sign a big name player I don't think it'll be the only player we sign. At this point its as much about squad depth as it is about quality. Wilshere just hobbled off, Sagna was ill today, Gibbs, Ramsey and Giroud looked like they pulled up towards the end. We already have Podolski, Arteta, Ox and Verm all out. Various new outlets are reporting that we are after at least three players.

Who though? I think what we need is a GK, an AM and a striker. 

Now obviously Wenger's decided that there is no top striker that we can realistically get so instead we get a winger or an AM and play Cazorla on the wing whilst signing a backup striker and keeping faith with Giroud.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:28 am

We needed an attacking midfielder or a winger better than Cazorla, I don't want 3 'pretty good' players like Spurs have bought. Buying Ozil actually makes our squad a lot deeper for the 3 positions behind the striker.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:41 am

Rosicky is turning into an even lazier bastard that misplays a lot of attacking balls. 

Ozil will be a welcoming sight to bench him. 

The only Ba talk I've heard.. has been loan talk. If we get anyone on loan.. It'll be a pathetic sight.

Top clubs don't get players on loan.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:42 pm

Ozil apparently turning down Arsenal and wants to move to Man United, according to SSN.

think
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Scott M wrote:Ozil apparently turning down Arsenal and wants to move to Man United, according to SSN.

think
    None plz.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:10 pm

Sky Sports News ‏[ltr]@SkySportsNews[/ltr]3m
    Arsenal are understood to be closing on a deal for Real Madrid playmaker Mesut Ozil. More to follow: #SkyDeadlineDay
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:31 am

Oh.. this is gonna be good.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:01 am

Scott M wrote:Not convinced that you'll get a ST.
    #ITK
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:02 am

Ozil will not sign, it is all a part of Wenger's conspiracy to fool the fans.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:26 pm