Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Laurencio
Mustangt125
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
easley91
Gegilworld93
El_indian
ResurrectionRooney
Lux
Paulinho
Weather130
Phadunkin Donuts
Benitez
16 posters

Can Spurs push on?

Anonymous

Can Spurs push on? Empty Can Spurs push on?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:06 pm

They have a good first team at the moment but will the top players there not want to go to somewhere bigger? They are not a club to match names like Man Utd, Milan, Inter, Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona and they don't have huge money like Man City.

Their manager who has got them to where they are is almost 65 years old and also favourite to take over as England boss after Fabio Capello.

They have a small stadium with a capacity of just 36'230 which not only makes them have less revenue but also means it would be less attractive than other top clubs for a potential takeover.

Next we go to the teams around them..

Man City - Never going to catch them because they don't have the capital.
    Man Utd - The biggest club in England. Alot more attractive to top players and also have the biggest stadium and more revenue.
    Chelsea - Have almost unlimited funds under Abramovich and also a very young manager with plenty of time to build a top team.
    Arsenal - Have the second biggest stadium in England and also in a good position financially. Currently held back by a stubborn manager but the short term problems could easily be fixed.
    Liverpool - Have alot of history but have never won a premier league title, also have a fairly small stadium. Tottenham could most likely compete with Liverpool for a long time to come but that is not moving forward.

What do you guys think?
    Benitez
    Benitez

Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

Can Spurs push on? Empty Re: Can Spurs push on?

Post by Benitez Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:08 pm

When Harry leaves, they will be just another standard midtable club like they've always been
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:10 pm

Nice attempt at subtly trolling Liverpool fans.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:14 pm

Scott wrote:Nice attempt at subtly trolling Liverpool fans.

obsessed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:14 pm

Yup.
    They are based in London which is a massive thing for foreign players, they will have Champions League football so when Harry does leave they'll be able to attract a top manager which in turn will attract top players. The stadium situation isn't a massive problem and i'm fairly sure they'll soon have that sorted. Let's be honest, if Spurs had a top striker (which they can afford) they'd be even better off than they are now. I expect with a new manager and Champions League football they'll push on even further.

Liverpool wont catch up with Dalglish in charge. Wenger wont leave Arsenal. So they're pretty much guarenteed Champions League football for a few seasons once they get it this season.

Last edited by Britfag on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:14 pm

I agree with thread and first response.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:16 pm

Phadunkin Donuts wrote:

obsessed.

Obsessed with what?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:18 pm

Its not at all, post your honest views why you think any different.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:19 pm

Chris wrote:

1. Liverpool are on the rise.

2. Arsenal are no better than Liverpool, currently.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Scott wrote:
    Chris wrote:

Nice attempt at trolling Arsenal fans.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Scott wrote:
    Chris wrote:

Liverpool are 7th. You have not risen at all and that just points out how poor Kenny Dalglish is as a manager considering he's spent well over a hundred million.

Also I pointed out Arsenal's flaw but also the fact they have a huge stadium, I left out plenty of positive's about Arsenal as a club such as where they are situated and the fact they have won the league 3 times and are a regular in the Champions League.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:37 pm

Chris wrote:
    Scott wrote:

Liverpool are 7th. You have not risen at all and that just points out how poor Kenny Dalglish is as a manager considering he's spent well over a hundred million.

Also I pointed out Arsenal's flaw but also the fact they have a huge stadium, I left out plenty of positive's about Arsenal as a club such as where they are situated and the fact they have won the league 3 times and are a regular in the Champions League.

1. I said 'on the rise' not 'risen'.

2. We're 7th, you're 6th and we're one point behind you. If you're basing it off the table, does that mean we were better than you last week when it was Arsenal who were one point behind Liverpool? Stupid logic. Also, by your logic, Arsenal are on the decline. Massively.

3. Yeah, you've won the league 3 times, congratulations, we've won the Champions League. I don't use that as an excuse as to why Liverpool are better than Arsenal though, so don't use PL Trophies as an excuse as to why Arsenal are better than Liverpool.

4. On the whole, this season, there's not much between Liverpool and Arsenal. You make it sound as if Arsenal > Liverpool. When in reality, we've had shit luck at home in the League, performing brilliantly, yet drawing. Whereas Arsenal have actually been playing pretty shit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:44 pm

Scott this isn't who's better right now out of Liverpool and Arsenal.

Its about where the clubs are going. Arsenal lost 3 starting players before the season began and then had 2 more out for long term injuries (Wilshere and Sagna). You said Liverpool are on the rise.. how are they rising if they have not RISEN one spot in the league despite spending over a hundred million.

I also pointed out to you that Arsenal's SHORT TERM problems can easily be fixed. What long-term problems do we have? Liverpool have a small stadium so not great for revenue and the fair play rule will make sure you won't be able spend huge amounts of money anymore.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:46 pm

Chris wrote:Scott this isn't who's better right now out of Liverpool and Arsenal.

Its about where the clubs are going. Arsenal lost 3 starting players before the season began and then had 2 more out for long term injuries (Wilshere and Sagna). You said Liverpool are on the rise.. how are they rising if they have not RISEN one spot in the league despite spending over a hundred million.

I also pointed out to you that Arsenal's SHORT TERM problems can easily be fixed. What long-term problems do we have? Liverpool have a small stadium so not great for revenue and the fair play rule will make sure you won't be able spend huge amounts of money anymore.

That is a pathetic comment. You can't judge league position until the league is over.

We have a new stadium being built. Or did you not know that?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Btw, your next few fixtures in the PL ..

Sunderland vs Arsenal
    Arsenal vs Spurs
    Liverpool vs Arsenal
    Arsenal vs Newcastle
    Everton vs Arsenal

Would be surprised if you're still above us after that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:49 pm

I didn't know you had a new stadium being built no. Please aware me with a link.

Also yeh I posted them fixtures in the Arsenal thread and said we'll be lucky to get 6/7 points.. that is short term though.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Spurs look to be a solid 3rd place team if they can keep these results up and do not lose to Liverpool, Chelsea, or Arsenal the rest of the way. I think the chance they win the league is nil now but I feel they are still good enough to earn the last automatic Champions League group stage position.
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Paulinho Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:00 pm

It's hanging in the balance for spurs, they don't have great squad depth. They have been very fortunate with injuries this season. They can probably hold out for the rest of the season, since they have been riding their luck for this long, but teams always lose key players injuries, so if this happens to Spurs, they will struggle to keep such a high standard
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:45 pm

Im talking over the next few years not just this season.

Can they be challenging for the league year after year?
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Post by Paulinho Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:02 pm

Yeah I actually didn't make it very clear, but I basically said no lol, just because of the lack of squad depth. With CL football like last season, they started the season really well, but dropped off massively in the 2nd half. I think the volume of games, along with their thin squad will limit their success
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Spurs are going to build a new stadium with a similar capacity to the Emirates.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Nope, simply not good enough i.e. they don't pick up the points at lower table teams enough.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:29 pm

How is this trolling Liverpool fans? Laughing

Liverpool are a just above average side at this current moment in time and will have no chance of CL qualification this year, Europa League for them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:05 pm

'will have no chance' I don't agree, we do have a chance, we won't get it but to say we that we have NO chance is fucking retarded, there's still a lot of football to be played this season..
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:21 pm

Chris I think you were a bit too kind to include Liverpool in the OP, they're really at a different level to Tottenham now. Liverpool are just an upper mid-table side now, who have ideas above their station because of their history and a few good results against top sides that have stemmed from negative tactics and an awful lot of luck, whereas Tottenham have genuine aspirations, albeit not very realistic ones, of winning the title. You may as well have included Newcastle United.

For me, I don't think they will push on, this is it for them, their peak. Redknapp's going to be gone soon one way or another, Adebayor's going to be gone soon as well, Parker's coming to the end of his career, so is van der Vaart, and even if they do qualify for the CL this season (pretty likely) they may struggle to keep hold of Modric and Bale if the bigger sides of Europe come calling. Of course, they could hold them at Tottenham against their will, but that's going to discourage other players from signing for them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:29 pm

Chris wrote:They have a good first team at the moment but will the top players there not want to go to somewhere bigger? They are not a club to match names like Man Utd, Milan, Inter, Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona and they don't have huge money like Man City.

We don't but that didn't stop us getting the players we've got did it.

Chris wrote:Their manager who has got them to where they are is almost 65 years old and also favourite to take over as England boss after Fabio Capello.

We'll get another, Harry is the not the only quality manager out there....

Chris wrote:They have a small stadium with a capacity of just 36'230 which not only makes them have less revenue but also means it would be less attractive than other top clubs for a potential takeover.

Which is why we're on our way to expanding it and redeveloping the area around the ground too Confused

I'd say we're very attractive to potential buyers. We're in good shape financially, got good potential and a good fanbase to build on.

Don't get why people think this is it for us. Stupid thing to say Confused
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:32 pm

maybe, maybe not..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:40 pm

Laughing at the OP for blatant omission.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:01 pm

Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:Laughing at the OP for blatant omission.
    No Neutral
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Post by Paulinho Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:Laughing at the OP for blatant omission.

Lol, good try

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:25 pm