Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Hulk: I joined Zenit St Petersburg for money

Anonymous

Hulk: I joined Zenit St Petersburg for money Empty Hulk: I joined Zenit St Petersburg for money

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:43 pm

The 26-year-old admits financial terms played a prominent role in his decision to move to Russia, and claims the club will be a European force in years to come

Brazil star Hulk has revealed money was a significant factor in his move to Zenit St Petersburg.

The 26-year-old surprised the football world in September by signing for the wealthy Russian outfit and he admitted he was swayed by the financial terms on offer.

Speaking to Euronews, the forward said: "I will not lie, people know I'm a footballer and I had to seize the moment with Zenit's financial offer.

"I wanted a new goal to achieve and it had to be in a different league having already won everything in Portugal. I recieved various proposals from clubs in England, Italy and Spain but we never reached an agreement."

The former Porto star also added that he felt disrespected by his Zenit team-mates who were behaving under the assumption the Brazilian was arriving with an ego.

"There are some players who lacked respect for me. There were some things said in public that should not have been said, not in interviews," Hulk continued.

"The other players started to judge me without even knowing me. They thought I wanted to be the star of the team. But I do not want to be the star. I'm here to help and be helped and I'm sure it will happen."

Could never have guessed that. Laughing

I've never really watched him apart from with Zenit? Is he actually any good? Been horrendous for Zenit from what I've seen, fairly sure he was subbed off in the Zenit game I watched (in Europe).

Never understand these sort of moves, never going to sell the shirts or anything to make up the money and when it's wages like that on such a long contract, the chances of him actually being ambitious/trying are pretty much non-existent.
    ferret molester
    ferret molester

Hulk: I joined Zenit St Petersburg for money Empty Re: Hulk: I joined Zenit St Petersburg for money

Post by ferret molester Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:37 am

it played a prominent role, so it wasn't the total reason for his move you dogshit inbred motherfucker
    Dragonborn
    Dragonborn

Supports : Lekhwiya SC

Hulk: I joined Zenit St Petersburg for money Empty Re: Hulk: I joined Zenit St Petersburg for money

Post by Dragonborn Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:38 am

Hulk: I joined Zenit St Petersburg for money 70955
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:56 am

Hmm ... I wonder who you are.
    Blazing
    Blazing

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Blazing Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:58 am

Laughing
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Hulk is green

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:26 pm