Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Bye_Ya
Cameron.
Zzonked
Kuled
samiz
Ben 10
AndItsKoren!
Pippo
Trent
Laurencio
crump
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Noel Gallagher
Emma
Start.
Harrold
Jordi
Walcott
JamieB
Bushido
Cam
luke.
Childish Logic
Schnix
Jordan Henderchip
29 posters

The Football Manager Chat Thread!

Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

The Football Manager Chat Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Football Manager Chat Thread!

Post by Walcott Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:35 pm

The Football Manager Chat Thread! - Page 2 CztwWGGF9XcpDHBYYX3HCgMcVljfscIAhxXWd6wwwGGF9R0rDHBYYX3HCgMcVljfsf4PeFfElSXhZvoAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

The Football Manager Chat Thread! - Page 2 4099200665
    Bushido
    Bushido

The Football Manager Chat Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Football Manager Chat Thread!

Post by Bushido Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:47 am

Finally into La Liga.

signed Xabi Alonso on a free. hahaaa Two regens who look really great.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:57 am

dis thread isn't what it used to be Sad
    Schnix
    Schnix

Supports : AS Roma, AC Siena, any Bundesliga club but Bayern

Post by Schnix Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:00 am

because FM13 =/= FM12

as of now i still prefer FM12, but i'm still giving FM13 a chance. a lot of people seem to dislike FM13 this year
    JamieB
    JamieB

Supports : Manchester United

Post by JamieB Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:13 am

I really like it tbh, just need to buy it Laughing FM 12 will do for now Smile

Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:35 am

I haven't play FM13 much. Haven't even started the season of my first year. I just can't get into it (had that problem with FM12 after a while too).

I recently started the Classic Mode and it's pace is quick enough to get me to play.
    Schnix
    Schnix

Post by Schnix Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:53 am

i'm 10 games into my season now and my longest win streak is "1" lol

i'm drawing so damn much

2W 6D 2L now with Blackburn, 11th in the table
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:08 am

Schnix I found with Huddersfield (See screenshot at top of the page) that the best thing in the Championship is to try and control the tempo of games. At the start I tried to be direct, but it didn't work so I changed tactics around and started trying to control games and dominate possession.

I had all my players set to roam from position (Except CBs) and had everybody (except CBs and both DLPs) to make forward runs often. It resulted in many players getting into the box and I would create lots of chances, I just needed a really good striker to finish them off. (Even though I scored over 100 league goals, nobody got more than 15)
    Schnix
    Schnix

Post by Schnix Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:27 am

thats generally how i play. right now i'm playing slow tempo, short passing, and high line. and i'm using shouts like "retain possession", "hassle opponent", "get stuck in", and "pass to feet". with all this, i still only get around 52% possession. i create a decent amount of chances, but my strikers can't finish. and my keeper (paul robinson) can't make any saves for the life of him

jordan rhodes, supposedly blackburn's best forward, has played 7 competitive games now without a goal or assist

i need a new keeper, new forward, and new defensive midfielder
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:28 am

Schnix wrote:thats generally how i play. right now i'm playing slow tempo, short passing, and high line. and i'm using shouts like "retain possession", "hassle opponent", "get stuck in", and "pass to feet". with all this, i still only get around 52% possession. i create a decent amount of chances, but my strikers can't finish. and my keeper (paul robinson) can't make any saves for the life of him

jordan rhodes, supposedly blackburn's best forward, has played 7 competitive games now without a goal or assist

get Ilie (it is ILIE, put it in caps incase you can't tell the second line is an L) he cost me £35k from Barcelona B, he is good Very Happy
    Schnix
    Schnix

Post by Schnix Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:35 am

Chip wrote:
    Schnix wrote:thats generally how i play. right now i'm playing slow tempo, short passing, and high line. and i'm using shouts like "retain possession", "hassle opponent", "get stuck in", and "pass to feet". with all this, i still only get around 52% possession. i create a decent amount of chances, but my strikers can't finish. and my keeper (paul robinson) can't make any saves for the life of him

get Ilie (it is ILIE, put it in caps incase you can't tell the second line is an L) he cost me £35k from Barcelona B, he is good Very Happy

thanks What a Face

right now, i have only the default blackburn forwards (rhodes, best, rochina, gomes, macheda(loan)). rhodes hasn't scored at all. best scored 1 in the carling cup but hasn't scored in the championship. rochina hasn't scored either but he leads blackburn in assists. nuno gomes scored 2 goals in 8 appearances but only when he comes off the bench. whenever he starts, he only gets 5.9-6.0 ratings. macheda i've used sparingly but he hasn't scored/assisted either

still need to wait 2 long months until the next transfer window.... hopefully i can achieve a top half finish by january, sign some reinforcements, then try to finish 6th so i can get promoted through play-offs. and hopefully i don't get fired
    Schnix
    Schnix

Post by Schnix Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:41 am

FINALLY GOT MY FIRST CLEEN SHEAT!!!

The Football Manager Chat Thread! - Page 2 Blackburn
    Schnix
    Schnix

Post by Schnix Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:25 pm

h christ, nuno gomes and leon best are so garbage

The Football Manager Chat Thread! - Page 2 PKembarrassment

120min at home vs barnsley and they still couldn't score, not even during the PK shootout!! i missed 4 out of 4 PK's

good thing this was only a mid-season friendly. otherwise, i'd probably rage quit and restart
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:34 am

I stayed up in the Conference!!! yippee

I can now rebuild and focus on getting into League 2 this season!

The Football Manager Chat Thread! - Page 2 Dd4d70c4af75c7aff8656a7dcd9ce506
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:14 am

I can see my squad getting relegated this season tbh Neutral

But I wouldn't be surprised if we got a midtable place Very Happy

First game of the season is at home against Spurs Neutral
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:35 am

The Football Manager Chat Thread! - Page 2 39bdb695ad989e1745f157c7c4f1c28e

Somehow I fucking won Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:40 am

Just finished my preseason with Barca. Only won one match (6-0 v. Juve Sabia). Lost my first friendly 4-3 and drew the remaining matches.

My defense sucks and does the silliest of mistakes.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:00 am

The Football Manager Chat Thread! - Page 2 D6aa4ba738863633f3a4e261effc5904

2 wins from 2

not bad, not bad Very Happy
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:11 am

ahlycotc wrote:Just finished my preseason with Barca. Only won one match (6-0 v. Juve Sabia). Lost my first friendly 4-3 and drew the remaining matches.

My defense sucks and does the silliest of mistakes.
    Booooooooo!

Ahly out!
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:30 am

ahlycotc wrote:I haven't play FM13 much. Haven't even started the season of my first year. I just can't get into it (had that problem with FM12 after a while too).

I recently started the Classic Mode and it's pace is quick enough to get me to play.

It's no wonder you have lost your FM love if you go Barcelona. You should try Germany or Ligue 1.

The Football Manager Chat Thread! - Page 2 Rmadridvoviedooverviewo

eek
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:00 am

When I'm Staines, I find the transfer window highly stressful dealing with players on part-time or pay as you play contracts.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:04 am

Anybody got any quality regens?

Also.

The Football Manager Chat Thread! - Page 2 Barcelonavoviedoovervie

The Football Manager Chat Thread! - Page 2 3925848005
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:14 am

Lost my first 3 games in the second season of the Conference with Staines.

Knew it would happen, had to have a massive squad re-haul, getting really fucked off..
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:31 am

I hate this shit with a passion.

The Football Manager Chat Thread! - Page 2 Luizgiordanonewsinbox

I wwas expected to win the cup over the likes of Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga, Sevilla, Valencia. Neutral
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:48 am

The team has gelled and Garrod is scoring for fun! 4 wins on the bounce! cheers

The Football Manager Chat Thread! - Page 2 90c964308f63259fc91d468cd35141dc

10 goals in 4 games.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Just beat Stoke 3-1 Neutral

3 wins from 3 in the league Neutral

Second in the table behind Arsenal Neutral
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:38 pm

so half my first teamers are out injured. No idea how i'm going to survive with so many games coming up.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:40 pm

mfw I just beat Swansea 1-0

top of the table after 4 games Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:31 am

Bushido wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:I haven't play FM13 much. Haven't even started the season of my first year. I just can't get into it (had that problem with FM12 after a while too).

It's no wonder you have lost your FM love if you go Barcelona. You should try Germany or Ligue 1.

The Football Manager Chat Thread! - Page 2 Rmadridvoviedooverviewo

eek

I always start with Barca every year so I can get feel of the game and changes. Then I go looking for challenges with weaker teams.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Post by Jordan Henderchip Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:48 am

just beat Fulham 3-2 facepalm

18 points after 6 games in the league Neutral

However I do have some difficult matches against Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal coming up. Hopefully I lose

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:07 am