Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Carlos Jenkinson
ILCaesar
Cornholio
dena
bcfcben
menalawyerguy
chemicalrubber
Roloman4
Sean
Torresxvilla
Dean
chiboygeorge
Cameron.
mac
18 posters

Balotelli as Italy Captain?

menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Balotelli as Italy Captain?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Balotelli as Italy Captain?

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:38 am

Next thread should be titled "Terry as marriage counselor?"
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:38 am

And then after that "Barton as anger management counselor?"
    mac
    mac

Supports : Liverpool

Post by mac Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:52 am

Rei wrote:Che was being sarcastic mac.

I don't che well enough. Didn't realize that. My bad.

Last edited by mac on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:54 am

menalawyerguy wrote:Next thread should be titled "Terry as marriage counselor?"

Again, if you read the article. It's not about making him the actual captain for an important match or on a long term basis but simply one match as a way to tell the minority of racist so called fans that the Azzurri isn't taking that kind of shit from them.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:27 pm

Exactly. And making Terry marriage counselor for a day is a way to tell bitchy wives out there that philandering husbands aren't going to take their monogomy horseshit anymore.
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:28 pm

mac wrote:

Again, if you read the article. It's not about making him the actual captain for an important match or on a long term basis but simply one match as a way to tell the minority of racist so called fans that the Azzurri isn't taking that kind of shit from them.

I think it would be quite an effective message if it was just for 1 time.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:34 pm

It'll probably solve the racism problem for all time. If only they could have done this back in 1490, they would have saved black folks a whole helluva lot of grief.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:03 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:Exactly. And making Terry marriage counselor for a day is a way to tell bitchy wives out there that philandering husbands aren't going to take their monogomy horseshit anymore.

The cases are not that similar at all and I don't know why you're continuing to compare them at all tbh. There's similarities at the simplest of levels but that's where it ends. Balotelli is immature, has an attitude.....Terry is a cheating SOB. Both not very fit for either being a captain or a marriage counselor respectively. Yes, we get it. Neutral

Last edited by mac on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:05 pm

Torresxvilla wrote:
    mac wrote:

I think it would be quite an effective message if it was just for 1 time.

I do as well. It obviously wouldn't solve the issue for the most part but it's more about the symbolic meaning behind it.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:14 pm

mac wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:Exactly. And making Terry marriage counselor for a day is a way to tell bitchy wives out there that philandering husbands aren't going to take their monogomy horseshit anymore.

The cases are not that similar at all and I don't know why you're continuing to compare them at all tbh. There's similarities at the simplest of levels but that's where it ends. Balotelli is immature, has an attitude.....Terry is a cheating SOB. Both not very fit for either being a captain or a marriage counselor respectively. Yes, we get it. Neutral

I'm just having a bit of fun. You're taking this a tad too seriously, me thinks.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:18 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:
    mac wrote:

I'm just having a bit of fun. You're taking this a tad too seriously, me thinks.

My bad mate. I just don't remember all the guys from the old forum and their personalities. Same thing above with che. I only really somewhat know how the Liverpool guys, kyro, Scuba Steve, rolo, polska and a few of the others usually are. I'll get used to you though. study
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:31 pm

No worries. One thing you should note about me, I enjoy having a bit of fun at the expense of the following:

Terry; Ronaldo (old and new); Mancini; Rafa; spotted dick and faggots (and those who consume them); Big Sam; Frogs (not the reptiles); and communists.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:35 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:No worries. One thing you should note about me, I enjoy having a bit of fun at the expense of the following:

Terry; Ronaldo (old and new); Mancini; Rafa; spotted dick and faggots (and those who consume them); Big Sam; Frogs (not the reptiles); and communists.

Got ya. Laughing
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Post by bcfcben Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Dan wrote:Italians are racist, so it won't happen.. Neutral

This
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:05 am

Negro please. Even if he wasnt black, it would be like giving Cassano the captaincy.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:21 am

Negrodamus says:

Balotelli will become captain and race riots will ensue across Italy and the little white girl who was convicted of murder, Amanda Knox, will escape from prison amidst the chaos.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:34 am

menalawyerguy wrote:Negrodamus says:

Balotelli will become captain and race riots will ensue across Italy and the little white girl who was convicted of murder, Amanda Knox, will escape from prison amidst the chaos.

Balotelli as Italy Captain?  - Page 2 70955
    ILCaesar
    ILCaesar

Supports : Cruel

Post by ILCaesar Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:29 am

I would appreciate if people would stop trying to speak for me. I will make my various points as clear as possible.

-For one, I doubt Balotelli will be captain in anything more than a friendly, if at all. Not because he is black, but because he has little to no seniority and his attitude is not one the other players would follow as a leader.

-It is racist to assume all Italians are racist. In fact, I would say it is a minority that are actually racist, which I do not count myself amongst. I have black Brasilian and Creole friends and I do like players such as Seedorf, Dinho, Serginho, and Cafu. That would be contradictory, no?

-It is also racist to assume that a black person cannot be disliked for any other reason than them being black. I personally do not like Balotelli because he has a shitty attitude. By assuming I don't like him because he's black and that there can possibly be no other reason, you are the one being racist against him because you are pretty much saying he is incapable of having any sort of personality, thoughts, or actions of his own. That all he is and ever will be is a mindless black man. Think about that. People can be against a white man just as much and this is never a discussion.

-Some of you seem to forget we are against Amauri and Ledesma as well, neither of whom are black. We just look after our own first. This is why most are against Prandelli. This is why many Viola supporters I know were against him at Fiorentina. Yes, he got them results, but he invested too much in foreigners (playing time wise), rather than bringing up their domestic talent, which they actually have some of the top young talent in Italy in their academy. We will always look after our own first. That is natural. Who does not prefer their own countrymen playing for their clubs and country? Do you not get excited when you see a young English talent getting a chance? Do you not want him to develop properly, rather than rotting in reserves, getting the spare U21 call up?

-I never have a problem with people as long as they have Italian roots and I don't mean your 6th generation ago grandmother. Obviously there has to be a cut off point or a lot of Americans would be lining up for England/Ireland/etc when not getting a call up. I did not have a problem with Mauro Camoranesi because he had legit roots. Both his grandparents are Italian. I just don't like these players that have no connection. Perrotta was born in England. I doubt any of you consider him English or would want him taking someone else's spot. Ledesma got a passport through his wife (tuttosport made up a story about him having Italian parents which was debunked) and Amauri's just been here a while.

-What's wrong with us wanting Azzurri for Italians? Isn't that the point of national teams? So that people who are of a country or another country's origins can play as representatives of their people? Otherwise, we should just all invest in random Brasilians, Argentinians, etc. who haven't been called up and make it just like clubs. Seems the direction modern football is going with all the rich businessmen running things and buying clubs like pokemon cards. Only a matter of time before national teams because distorted as well.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:22 am

menalawyerguy wrote:Negrodamus says:

You are on a roll with Chappelle Show quotes. Laughing
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:45 am

Lol i bet lev just wrote something stupid, ill reply tomorrow
    ILCaesar
    ILCaesar

Post by ILCaesar Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:50 am

And I bet your mother's wishing she'd have gotten that abortion now, Bear.
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:13 am

ILCaesar wrote:

-It is racist to assume all Italians are racist. In fact, I would say it is a minority that are actually racist, which I do not count myself amongst. I have black Brasilian and Creole friends and I do like players such as Seedorf, Dinho, Serginho, and Cafu. That would be contradictory, no?

Yes, it is the minority but there are more than enough. Anyone who displays signs like "Balotelli isn't Italian" and Italy for only "true Italian" is xenophobic at the very least.

ILCaesar wrote:

-It is also racist to assume that a black person cannot be disliked for any other reason than them being black. I personally do not like Balotelli because he has a shitty attitude. By assuming I don't like him because he's black and that there can possibly be no other reason, you are the one being racist against him because you are pretty much saying he is incapable of having any sort of personality, thoughts, or actions of his own. That all he is and ever will be is a mindless black man. Think about that. People can be against a white man just as much and this is never a discussion.

How so? It's more that people stereotype Italian's beliefs based on the minority. People here realize Balotelli has a shitty attitude and is still immature but they realize part of the abuse Balotelli receives is because his skin color.

ILCaesar wrote:
    -What's wrong with us wanting Azzurri for Italians? Isn't that the point of national teams? So that people who are of a country or another country's origins can play as representatives of their people? Otherwise, we should just all invest in random Brasilians, Argentinians, etc. who haven't been called up and make it just like clubs. Seems the direction modern football is going with all the rich businessmen running things and buying clubs like pokemon cards. Only a matter of time before national teams because distorted as well.

National teams represent the country as a whole but not ethically always. There are minorities in Italy and Balotelli is one of them. People bring up examples like Germany as an example against multi-ethnic teams because they say the players are picked and chose to make a great team. Yet, other than Cacau, the entire German team speaks German and was either born there or lived in Germany 85% + of their lives. Khedira and Ozil even have one German parent each as far as I am aware.
    ILCaesar
    ILCaesar

Post by ILCaesar Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:52 am

Any abuse Balotelli gets, he brings on himself. We've watched him a lot longer than most. The way he picks fight with injured and fine players alike, spits at others, kicks out at others, etc. I don't feel a damn bit sorry for him and neither does anyone else. In fact, numerous times, we've held up signs saying we'd hate if him even if he was white. Why? Because Cassano used to do the same thing and we hated him for it. I never said someone had to be pure Italian, but at least have some sort of biological connection.

Like I said, this isn't about if Balotelli is Italian or not. That post was more about my reaction to people making baseless statements about me and my people. Racism exists everywhere, even this forum.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:29 pm

Funny how in your sig you put Balotelli in the white part. I'm on to you.
    Deacs

Post by Deacs Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:08 pm

RACE CARRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!$#$%@^#&&)*
    mac
    mac

Post by mac Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:51 pm

ILCaesar wrote:Any abuse Balotelli gets, he brings on himself. We've watched him a lot longer than most. The way he picks fight with injured and fine players alike, spits at others, kicks out at others, etc. I don't feel a damn bit sorry for him and neither does anyone else. In fact, numerous times, we've held up signs saying we'd hate if him even if he was white. Why? Because Cassano used to do the same thing and we hated him for it. I never said someone had to be pure Italian, but at least have some sort of biological connection.

Like I said, this isn't about if Balotelli is Italian or not. That post was more about my reaction to people making baseless statements about me and my people. Racism exists everywhere, even this forum.

Yes, we all know about the tantrums, attitude and immaturity he's shown on the pitch. Regardless of that, no player deserves racist abuse, especially from his own country.

And although it's true some of the abuse he gets his due to his personality, attitude and immaturity more than enough of it is simply because his skin color and xenophobic Italians not willing to accept a the idea of a black "Italian" representing the country on the national team.

There are many people who wouldn't abuse him the same way or as harshly if he was ethnically Italian like Cassano.

Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:49 pm

ILCaesar wrote:And I bet your mother's wishing she'd have gotten that abortion now, Bear.

lol, ur fam recommended it to mine so i dont really know what ur on about

I actually can't be bothered to reply to this xenophobic and racist essay u wrote, we all know what you are
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:27 am

lol most people who say no black italian to balotelli are not racist.they just say this to make him angry

balotelli is not first black player to playing for azzurri

ferrari was black and he was never abuse

also many members throughout our youth national team are black or arab and they are never abuse

balotelli only get abuse because people hating him in general.of course there are some who are simply racist. but is not the case with majority. infact there were even black italian fans(yes surprise!they exist!) at that game that were call him black money, lol.

eventualy people will stop since he is so talented and wouild be waste.maybe lev think differently but in my opinions balotelli should remain key player in azzurri. being captain is just to much but he should still be start player especially in last match he was our best
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:31 am

Do you not do plurals and words "the", "be".. etc... ? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:33 am

Danny B wrote:Do you not do plurals and words "the", "be".. etc... ? Neutral

silence emotionally disturbed nerd boy

i think i do OK with my grammar for 2 years worth of learn english

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:33 pm