Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Bye_Ya
Gegilworld93
Carlos Jenkinson
AndItsKoren!
Kelloggg8
crump
Mr Arnold Durmmond
11 posters

Should our police officers be armed?

Anonymous

Should our police officers be armed? Empty Should our police officers be armed?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:15 am

This is in light of the murders of the two police officers. Just want a few opinions that I can use.
    Mr Arnold Durmmond
    Mr Arnold Durmmond

Should our police officers be armed? Empty Re: Should our police officers be armed?

Post by Mr Arnold Durmmond Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:07 am

Kenya already have armed police officers.
    crump
    crump

Should our police officers be armed? Empty Re: Should our police officers be armed?

Post by crump Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:08 am

Many cities in the UK who are under threat from terrorism or have high levels of gun crime are usually armed with guns. I live in a quieter area of the country, like really quiet and my Dad's mate is a copper here and is on armed response. So there are a majority of officers who are actually armed, as well as the batons and tazers.

These things are going to happen, in that case (In Manchester right?) that was the Police's fault really as they shouldn't have been sent there due to it been a rough area, apparently it was later known armed police officers (Not Armed response) should've attended the scene.

Police officers will always be at risk of getting killed, I think arming every single officer in England will not only add to increased taxes but serve un-needed in large areas.
    Kelloggg8

Formerly known as : QwertyKirby
    Supports : CF América, Toronto FC

Post by Kelloggg8 Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:44 am

Of course they should be armed. By armed you mean guns? Or everything?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:48 am

Guns, and I exclude Kenya from this discussion.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:48 am

I don't think they should be armed with guns, it would make criminals even more desperate for them, that puts the public at risk, I would genuinely be scared if all officers had guns.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:56 am

crump wrote:Many cities in the UK who are under threat from terrorism or have high levels of gun crime are usually armed with guns

Should our police officers be armed? Tumblr_lhk530rT1z1qafrh6
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:41 am

Definitely, Switzerland is like 100 times more safe than the UK and every single cop is armed with a gun.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:07 am

Yes, because they are usually responsible and trained in how to use one. Ordinary citizens should not carry a gun around though.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:19 am

I'm surprised to hear that they aren't armed already.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:32 am

What about escalation? The police start carrying semi-automatics, criminals buy automatics. The police start wearing Kevlar, criminals buy armour-piercing rounds.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:04 am

Never even knew police officers in the UK aren't armed. I'd say definitely your police officers should be armed. Hardly anything ever goes down in Canada but our officers are always armed.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:10 am

No, I do not think so.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:31 am

Of course.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 3:21 am