Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
George
Cam
AndItsKoren!
Bye_Ya
Mouse
Carlos Jenkinson
dena
Mal
Theo Filippo
Novi
The Maestro
Glen Miller
Ra's al Ghul
Zzonked
The Zlatan
Forest
Kuled
Gegilworld93
crump
23 posters

Movember (Don't shave for a month + pics)

crump
    crump

Movember (Don't shave for a month + pics) Empty Movember (Don't shave for a month + pics)

Post by crump Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:07 pm

Today is the last shave of the month if you are participating in Movember, for those unaware:

During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of
    moustaches on thousands of men’s faces in the UK and around the world.
    The aim of which is to raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health,
    specifically prostate cancer and testicular cancer.

It's supposed to be moustaches only, but any facial hair is fine.

I am going to attempt this, tbf It's probably a normal month for me. When facial hair becomes visible for me I look like a a paedophile and sex offender sandwiched together.

http://uk.movember.com/?home

Take part on the forum by having your avatar with a moustache on it!
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Movember (Don't shave for a month + pics) Empty Re: Movember (Don't shave for a month + pics)

Post by Gegilworld93 Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:04 pm

Many people are doing it in Switzerland I think. My facial hair is shit though, won't do it Laughing
    Anonymous

Movember (Don't shave for a month + pics) Empty Re: Movember (Don't shave for a month + pics)

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:40 pm

Growing a moustache won't do fuck all for cancer so i'm not doing it.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:04 am

Chris.

It's a chance to show off some manliness.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:29 am

This is really silly and pointless, having a moustache won't cure cancer..What a stupid idea.

Last edited by Kuled on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:31 am

Kuled wrote:This is really silly and pointless, having a moustache won't grow caner..What a stupid idea.

Bitter cos you ain't reached puberty there there
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:35 am

Kuled wrote:This is really silly and pointless, having a moustache won't grow caner..What a stupid idea.

Agreed. I hate things like this.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:38 am

Forest wrote:

Bitter cos you ain't reached puberty there there
    Idiot.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:49 am

This forum. oh god why

It's to raise awareness, and you can actually donate.

Does wearing a fucking poppy do anything? No, it raises awareness.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:53 am

I'm sure people are well aware of Cancer, and nothing was said in your OP about donating, moron.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:00 am

crump wrote:This forum. oh god why

Apparently we all need to be made aware of something that supposedly affects 1 in 3 people...

This is just another stupid fad to make masses of retards make themselves feel a little bit better and inflate their ego. "Oh, look at me, I'm raising awareness for cancer, I'm such a good person.", idiots.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:01 am

Kuled wrote:I'm sure people are well aware of Cancer, and nothing was said in your OP about donating, moron.

The link to their website is there you blind cunt.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:05 am

Kuled wrote:This is really silly and pointless, having a moustache won't cure cancer..What a stupid idea.

Well considering there is nothing that cures cancer, I guess that means everything cancer related is a stupid idea. Dance

The Zlatan wrote:
    crump wrote:This forum. Movember (Don't shave for a month + pics) 586389253

Apparently we all need to be made aware of something that supposedly affects 1 in 3 people...

This is just another stupid fad to make masses of retards make themselves feel a little bit better and inflate their ego. "Oh, look at me, I'm raising awareness for cancer, I'm such a good person.", idiots.

False, I would say the majority of people don't care about the cancer aspect and actually just want an excuse to be a 'lad' and grow a mustache.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:10 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Kuled wrote:This is really silly and pointless, having a moustache won't cure cancer..What a stupid idea.

Well considering there is nothing that cures cancer, I guess that means everything cancer related is a stupid idea. Dance

The Zlatan wrote:

False, I would say the majority of people don't care about the cancer aspect and actually just want an excuse to be a 'lad' and grow a mustache.

I wanted to say that too, but there's been a lot of 'lad' bashing recently, so I please refrained.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:15 am

crump wrote:
    Kuled wrote:I'm sure people are well aware of Cancer, and nothing was said in your OP about donating, moron.

After what I read in your post I couldn't be bothered. It's just an excuse to as Zzonked said be a 'lad', we'll never find a cure for cancer, not anytime soon anyway. I'm sorry for being such a moody cunt about this but I've lost friends to cancer and seeing people take advantage of it to be cool pisses me off.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:18 am

crump wrote:Chris.

It's a chance to show off some manliness.
    Google image "Moustache phaggot".
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:19 am

Kuled wrote:
    crump wrote:

After what I read in your post I couldn't be bothered. It's just an excuse to as Zzonked said be a 'lad', we'll never find a cure for cancer, not anytime soon anyway. I'm sorry for being such a moody cunt about this but I've lost friends to cancer and seeing people take advantage of it to be cool pisses me off.

No worries mf.

I lost my grandad to prostate cancer.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:21 am

Why's it called Movember?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:21 am

Considering the official colour for prostate cancer awareness is light blue, wouldn't it make more sense to wear light blue every day for a month? You could probably sell shirts then to raise money as well.

Movember has never made sense to me.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:26 am

BladeGunner wrote:Why's it called Movember?

M = Mustache
    ovember = November
    The Maestro
    The Maestro

Post by The Maestro Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:34 am

crump wrote:Does wearing a fucking poppy do anything? No, it raises awareness.

No, you buy a poppy and the money goes to the Royal British Legion.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:42 am

Zzonked wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:Why's it called Movember?

M = Mustache
    ovember = November

That's such a lazy name. Is there a reason it's done in November? Why not wait until March and just call it Mustache March or something?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:46 am

Samaras wrote:

Movember (Don't shave for a month + pics) 70955
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Novi Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:53 am

Samaras wrote:

rofl
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:53 am

Kuled wrote:
    crump wrote:

Based on what? There's a few cures for some types of cancer already.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:58 am

Kuled Neutral

It's a good idea, obviously more money will be donated that month which goes into cancer research too. Stop being so pessimistic.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:01 am

Samaras wrote:

Which you can get for as little as 1p.

_________

Men get hardly any awareness with cancer, only in recent months/years have they started to get the same treatment as women. It's too raise the awareness they're doing it for charity and put the money to a good cause.

Moustache in November = Donate money to cancer charities = Do more so on a regular basis
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:01 am

I'm taking part because a group of us at uni have been sponsored to do it. We're actually raising money so I don't mind doing it.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:14 am

If Conor had a beard I bet Kuled would be all over it.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:16 am

Samaras wrote:

Was just about to say this

Half the forum can't even grow facial hair so it's already like... Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:33 pm