Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+55
Marvin
dena
SophisticatedBeggar
Stranger
Novi
Bye_Ya
Jeff
Ham.
Royal
Theo Filippo
PrideOfTheMidlands
Start.
Mvan
limerickcitykid
Yrael
Jordan Henderchip
The Maestro
Harrold
CollieBuddz
blackskar
crump
Dean
Ra's al Ghul
MickStupp
Forest
menalawyerguy
Clark
Paulinho
ConorCelticFC
arsenalap11
Mouse
ShakerMatty
Jorlung
Andy
Trent
sunmoon
George
JK
ResurrectionRooney
Kuled
Danny
Juventino
Sean
VivaRonaldoLAD
Jord
Mal
Cam
TheRangersFan
SBSP
Keanoo
Pippo
El_indian
Childish Logic
Zzonked
MrBlueguy
59 posters

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Cam Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:36 pm

I thought that as well, I didn't think he had meant to cut his hand there
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 31 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by ayvee1 Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:07 am

Blood Diamond - Great. Really liked it. At least 9 out of 10.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:41 am

The Darkest Hour - dumb movie but not bad/10.

Probably the most cringe ending I've ever seen.
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:37 am

Lincoln 5/5

I was surrounded by old people at 10 in the morning. Made it feel better, strangely.
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Novi Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:28 am

Keanoo wrote:Zero Dark Thirty - 7/10

that is a terrible film, I was laughing all the way though it. A load of rubbish and missinformation.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:02 am

Novi wrote:
    Keanoo wrote:Zero Dark Thirty - 7/10

that is a terrible film, I was laughing all the way though it. A load of rubbish and missinformation.
    rofl
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:38 am

SophisticatedBeggar wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:I feel a spate of martial art films coming in my future watchings.

Just watched Ong Bak and it reminded me how much I enjoy those sort of films.
    Five Deadly Venoms

I'll download that, thanks.
    Ham.
    Ham.

Post by Ham. Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:59 am

Silver Linings Playbook - 7/10
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:19 pm

SBSP wrote:
    Novi wrote:

rofl

Laughing
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Of Mice and Men-Excellent. Cry
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:37 pm

Zzonked wrote:
    SophisticatedBeggar wrote:
    Five Deadly Venoms

I'll download that, thanks.

It isn't close to being the same style of movie as Ong Bak, so I'm not sure if you will like it.

If you do a google search the full movie should come up near the top. Just in case you don't want to download it.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:21 pm

The Thing (1982) - 8/10
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Post by ayvee1 Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:22 am

Django Unchained - 9/10

Leo DiCaprio Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 31 2156770003
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:49 am

Seven Psychopaths - 8/10
    Very funny, especially in the latter half.

Django Unchained - 9/10
    Just awesome.

Zero Dark Thirty - 5/10
    Some parts were good but I found the majority of it to be one long borefest. Quite surprising considering the reviews.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:17 pm

Glen Damon wrote:Of Mice and Men-Excellent. Cry
    That ending. Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:35 pm

That movie was awesome, I also read the book.

Braveheart - 9/10. Mel Gibson not worthy
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:49 pm

Marvellous tale
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:53 pm

Chris wrote:
    That movie was awesome, I also read the book.

Braveheart - 9/10. Mel Gibson not worthy

Dat speech from Robert the Bruce at the end.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:00 am

Django Unchained: 5/5

ayvee1
    ayvee1

Post by ayvee1 Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:01 am

Skyfall - Best Daniel Craig Bond film yet. I liked the more James Bond-y feeling to this film, actually felt like a Bond film as opposed to a Bourne film. 8/10
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:06 am

I watched Django Unchained the other day and while I was thoroughly entertained by the film, I couldn't help but feel that it was really immature and maybe even undermined, to some extent, the serious issues that the film is about. But yeah, Tarantino's films are always fun.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:26 am

But that's what Tarantino does. He takes a serious subject, and raises the issues involved in a entertaining way. Whilst I loved Lincoln, it was still fairly boring, whereas Tarantino would have raised the same questions/issues whilst giving us art.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:54 pm

Timecrimes: 8/10
    Alter Ego: 7/10
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Clark wrote:But that's what Tarantino does. He takes a serious subject, and raises the issues involved in a entertaining way. Whilst I loved Lincoln, it was still fairly boring, whereas Tarantino would have raised the same questions/issues whilst giving us art.

Regardless of what you thought of Lincoln (and I can't say that I found it boring at all), you walk out of that film with an improved understanding of how society viewed slavery at the time and an urge to think about the ethical dilemmas at the centre of the film. With Django, I walked out thinking about how much fun I had and how ridiculous those shoot-outs were. While they both may attempt to address the same issues (and I'm not sure they do, I think Lincoln is a much deeper and thorough study of the issue of slavery), one demands to be taken seriously while the other is content to simply be viewed as entertainment.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:27 pm

Because that is Lincoln's sole aim. All Spielberg talked about was the issue of slavery. Tarantino talked about a mixture of things. Lincoln is a historic film, an acting film, a script film. Django is a action film, screenplay film, postmodern film.

Boring was too strong. Django was much more entertaining. If anything, I found Django made me think about slavery a hell of a lot more than Lincoln. We never even really see the suffering of the blacks in Lincoln, in Django, through the exaggerated violence we do.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:45 pm

Lincoln wasn't only about slavery. It delved into several other concepts such as political ideology versus pragmatism and the usage of ethically dubious means in order to reach a greater good. Django shows us the horrible oppression that black people suffered from but all that establishes is that slavery and racism are bad, which I already knew. And even when we do see these scenes, they are so ridiculously over the top that it's hard to treat them with a degree of seriousness.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:09 am

Watched probably half of Ip Man last night before I fell asleep. Really good flic in that genre, will watch again. Recommended.
    Clark
    Clark

Post by Clark Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:28 am

A.K.A just showing us the realLincoln.

Django was also about shows us Uncle Toms and how they were good white people in that case.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Post by ayvee1 Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:36 am

Pitch Black - Hadn't seen it for a few years, still think it's a decent sci-fi movie.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:27 am

The Time Machine, the one with Samantha Mumba. Felt really rushed and made no real sense but for some reason I still liked it. 6/10.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 7:04 am