Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+55
Marvin
dena
SophisticatedBeggar
Stranger
Novi
Bye_Ya
Jeff
Ham.
Royal
Theo Filippo
PrideOfTheMidlands
Start.
Mvan
limerickcitykid
Yrael
Jordan Henderchip
The Maestro
Harrold
CollieBuddz
blackskar
crump
Dean
Ra's al Ghul
MickStupp
Forest
menalawyerguy
Clark
Paulinho
ConorCelticFC
arsenalap11
Mouse
ShakerMatty
Jorlung
Andy
Trent
sunmoon
George
JK
ResurrectionRooney
Kuled
Danny
Juventino
Sean
VivaRonaldoLAD
Jord
Mal
Cam
TheRangersFan
SBSP
Keanoo
Pippo
El_indian
Childish Logic
Zzonked
MrBlueguy
59 posters

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Anonymous

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:45 am

Watched Rambo 2 the other day, 9/10 action movie.

Just watched the trailer, fucking love the 80's.

Juventino
    Juventino

Supports : Llorente

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Juventino Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:55 am

The 80s had the GOAT action flicks. First Blood is my shit, though.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:29 am

Dark Knight Rises: 9/10.

Really good, starts a bit slow, but that's just me, really good. Bane is a good villain, quite a scary/interesting character. Really long though, it's about 3 hours long, but it flies by when it gets going and the plot has been laid down. Anne Hathaway wank 2

SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:31 am

About the middle half hour to an hour I started wondering how much longer it would be, but then the last hour was amazing.

Spoiler:
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:35 am

SBSP wrote:About the middle half hour to an hour I started wondering how much longer it would be, but then the last hour was amazing.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:38 am

Spoiler:
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:40 am

SBSP wrote:
    Spoiler:

Baaaatman:
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:51 am

Tbf, it's got straight into it again, similar to the way The Dark Knight did, only more epic. And obviously things needed "reintroducing", with it being 8 years after TDK, and the state Bruce was in.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:55 am

I wasn't saying it as a really bad thing, just a minor issue. shifty
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:34 am

The Dark Knight Rises
    10/10.

Christopher Nolan. Thanks for creating the greatest film trilogy of all time.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:01 pm

Kill Bill: Vol. 2
    8.5/10
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:19 pm

George wrote:'Memento'.
    It features everything that film should be all about. Great vision, great performances and of course, great story-telling.
    10/10.
    Just watched this for the first time, what a film. Run
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:33 pm

George wrote:The Dark Knight Rises
    10/10.

Christopher Nolan. Thanks for creating the greatest film trilogy of all time.

Also, this film is brilliant. Every scene flowed so naturally, this created a pulsating pace throughout the whole 2 hours and 45 minutes of the film.

One of the best films I have ever seen.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:28 am

People are going so cringeworthy and ott with the new batman.

Yeh it was good because of Bane, thats it.

Spoiler:
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:56 am

How pedantic.

Spoiler:
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:10 am

Just saw this:

The missing scene from TDKR:

Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:25 am

Cam wrote:How pedantic.

Spoiler:
    Don't get me wrong I take alot of unrealistic things in that batman movie as a given, like batman fighting say 10 guys and beating them up fairly easily (yes he has a super suit on, gadgets etc and it gives him extra strength).
    Spoiler:

There are so many stupid things like that which make me think how the hell are people saying "10/10, one of the best films i've ever seen" and shit like that. I did enjoy it alot but not because of Batman, not because of the story (although it was very good) but what an interesting, brilliant character Bane was and the directing. One of my favourite scene's in the movie was..

Spoiler:
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:33 am

Chris wrote:
    Cam wrote:How pedantic.

Spoiler:
    Don't get me wrong I take alot of unrealistic things in that batman movie as a given, like batman fighting say 10 guys and beating them up fairly easily (yes he has a super suit on, gadgets etc and it gives him extra strength).
    Spoiler:

There are so many stupid things like that which make me think how the hell are people saying "10/10, one of the best films i've ever seen" and shit like that. I did enjoy it alot but not because of Batman, not because of the story (although it was very good) but what an interesting, brilliant character Bane was and the directing. One of my favourite scene's in the movie was..

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Every film has bullshit things in them. Action films have specially trained army/police missing shots from twenty yards, while the one man they're shooting at can hit with 100% accuracy when blind firing over a car.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:47 am

I agree that it's hardly one of the GOATs. But definitely worth the money, and of a high pedigree. Tom Hardy did some great work.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:03 am

Mal no defending it, you can't just say "it's a comic book movie so it's ok to have these ridiculous thing's in it". They have tried to make it as realistic as possible with the given that Batman, Bane and people like that can kick some serious ass and pull off some cool stunts when they need to.

Spoiler:

There's too many little things like that for it to be a 10/10 film or one of the best films ever (LOL). As a superhero film i'll give it a 9, in general an 8/10.

I still can't get over how immense Bane was, I could watch a film called BaneMan if they made one. alee2
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:12 am

Chris wrote:Mal no defending it, you can't just say "it's a comic book movie so it's ok to have these ridiculous thing's in it". They have tried to make it as realistic as possible with the given that Batman, Bane and people like that can kick some serious ass and pull off some cool stunts when they need to.

Spoiler:

There's too many little things like that for it to be a 10/10 film or one of the best films ever (LOL). As a superhero film i'll give it a 9, in general an 8/10.

I still can't get over how immense Bane was, I could watch a film called BaneMan if they made one. alee2

Spoiler:

And I can say "it's a comic book movie so it can have these ridiculous things in it" Because comic book movies have never once been based on realism. Spiderman climbs up fucking buildings and swings around the place, Iron Man is a billionaire in an iron suit flying around, Thor is some type of god from a different planet.. Not once has Batman claimed to be real.. Maybe we should all rate Terminator a little lower because it lacks realism..

hahaaa
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:31 am

I didn't say Spiderman, Thor or Iron Man were 10/10 movies or the best movies ever though so your point there is void.

Also, Terminator films are called science fiction for a reason, fiction being the key word.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:04 am

Chris wrote:People are going so cringeworthy and ott with the new batman.

Yeh it was good because of Bane, thats it.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Chris wrote:Mal no defending it, you can't just say "it's a comic book movie so it's ok to have these ridiculous thing's in it". They have tried to make it as realistic as possible with the given that Batman, Bane and people like that can kick some serious ass and pull off some cool stunts when they need to.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:29 am

Chris wrote:I didn't say Spiderman, Thor or Iron Man were 10/10 movies or the best movies ever though so your point there is void.

Also, Terminator films are called science fiction for a reason, fiction being the key word.

Whereas the Batman films have been presented as a documentary series from Day One.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:37 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Chris wrote:I didn't say Spiderman, Thor or Iron Man were 10/10 movies or the best movies ever though so your point there is void.

Whereas the Batman films have been presented as a documentary series from Day One.

rofl
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:50 am

Hunger Games 6/10
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:32 am

Tsk, two more months till I can watch Snow White. Although the reviews didn't seem spectacular.
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Warrior - 9/10

Great movie. not worthy
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:36 pm

Scarface - Great film, enjoyed it.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:46 am

Andy wrote:Hunger Games 6/10
    I'll give that a 4/10

A stupidly overhyped movie which bored me to tears.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:39 pm